North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 Memory Seats Question (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/319756-memory-seats-question.html)

BDI 10-02-2017 05:26 AM

Memory Seats Question

Any way to get the memory seats to automatically adjust when unlocking the car with the user assigned key? I always have to press the memory seat button before getting into the car after my wife uses it.

MrFunk 10-02-2017 05:49 AM

I'm pretty sure yes. I distinctively remember them telling us that at our car delivery.

pyuhlu 10-02-2017 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by BDI (Post 4334265)
Any way to get the memory seats to automatically adjust when unlocking the car with the user assigned key? I always have to press the memory seat button before getting into the car after my wife uses it.

Yes. The settings are part of the driver profile and you can check on page 54 from the manual

BDI 10-02-2017 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by pyuhlu (Post 4334277)
Yes. The settings are part of the driver profile and you can check on page 54 from the manual

Saw that too. :sad: Looks like Driver Memory Seat settings are not included.

Settings
The settings for the following systems and func‐
tions are saved in the active profile. The scope
of storable settings depends on country and
equipment.
▷ Unlocking and locking.
▷ Lights.
▷ Radio.
▷ Instrument cluster.
▷ Programmable memory buttons.
▷ Volumes, tone.
▷ Control Display.
▷ Climate control.
▷ Navigation.
▷ Park Distance Control PDC.
▷ Rearview camera.
▷ Head-up Display.
▷ MINI Driving Modes.
▷ Intelligent Safety.

pyuhlu 10-02-2017 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by BDI (Post 4334282)
Saw that too. :sad: Looks like Driver Memory Seat settings are not included.

Settings
The settings for the following systems and func‐
tions are saved in the active profile. The scope
of storable settings depends on country and
equipment.
▷ Unlocking and locking.
▷ Lights.
▷ Radio.
▷ Instrument cluster.
▷ Programmable memory buttons.
▷ Volumes, tone.
▷ Control Display.
▷ Climate control.
▷ Navigation.
▷ Park Distance Control PDC.
▷ Rearview camera.
▷ Head-up Display.
▷ MINI Driving Modes.
▷ Intelligent Safety.

Mine work with the driver profile even if it is not shown there

BDI 10-02-2017 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by pyuhlu (Post 4334284)
Mine work with the driver profile even if it is not shown there

Weird, we always have to press the memory seat buttons to adjust the seats. I guess I will try resetting the profiles when I get home.

pyuhlu 10-02-2017 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by BDI (Post 4334286)
Weird, we always have to press the memory seat buttons to adjust the seats. I guess I will try resetting the profiles when I get home.

Check "Adjusting the last seat and mirror position" on page 58

1200K 10-02-2017 09:04 AM

Yes, I can confirm, as well -- my wife and I have the memory seats synced to our profiles. The driver's seat and outside mirrors adjust accordingly when one of us unlocks the vehicle with the fob.

MIminiclubman 10-03-2017 09:55 AM

We enable in the profile and works perfect. I unlock with my key it adjusts to me she unlocks with hers it moves to hers. Also sets the mirrors and radio etc, all the way down to I have lines on the backup camera and she does not.

MIminiclubman 10-03-2017 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You have to click on the driver profile. You cliclk the driver prfile and it is selection button at the bottom.

Midnight Blue 10-03-2017 11:08 AM

One twist we learned which is unlike power/memory seats in other vehicles...

Memory 1 and Memory 2 are BOTH available for EACH key.

Given the way memory seats work with other cars, we had assumed that memory seat position 1 was for Key 1 and memory seat position 2 was for Key 2. This is not the case with MINI.

Key 1 offers two memory positions (1 and 2)
Key 2 offers two memory positions (1 and 2)

I don't care for this for the times I may use my wife's key, I can't just press 2 to get my seat settings, I have to change Drive Profile to me, then select either 1 or 2.

But as others have noted, seat should change to your settings as soon as you open drivers door.

BDI 10-04-2017 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by MIminiclubman (Post 4334626)
You have to click on the driver profile. You cliclk the driver prfile and it is selection button at the bottom.

Finally figured that out late last night. Thank for everyone's input!:thumbsup:

TheJuice 11-21-2017 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Blue (Post 4334667)
One twist we learned which is unlike power/memory seats in other vehicles...

Memory 1 and Memory 2 are BOTH available for EACH key.

Given the way memory seats work with other cars, we had assumed that memory seat position 1 was for Key 1 and memory seat position 2 was for Key 2. This is not the case with MINI.

Key 1 offers two memory positions (1 and 2)
Key 2 offers two memory positions (1 and 2)

I don't care for this for the times I may use my wife's key, I can't just press 2 to get my seat settings, I have to change Drive Profile to me, then select either 1 or 2.

But as others have noted, seat should change to your settings as soon as you open drivers door.

Older thread, but what I did was program 1 and 2 positions the same for both Key 1 and Key 2. It took a bit of back and forth with the keys but now both keys, position 1 is me, and 2 is the wifey.

Seabiscuit 11-21-2017 11:50 AM

profiles include mirrors

Originally Posted by 1200K (Post 4334345)
Yes, I can confirm, as well -- my wife and I have the memory seats synced to our profiles. The driver's seat and outside mirrors adjust accordingly when one of us unlocks the vehicle with the fob.

Yeah, This works like a champ ! I don't use the heads up display, but wifee loves that thing.
we're getting there on learning the features.
thanks !

Countryman22 01-28-2018 10:55 AM

Memory Seat without Driver Profile

Hi! Your info is helpful here. I have the 17 Countryman with Memory Seat Without the touchscreen so I don’t have the driver profile as an option. I tried many times but still cannot get the key fob link the to memory seat, thus I have to press the memory 1/2 button every time.

Thanks