F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 LED replacement kit for stock halogen H4 headlight bulbs

Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 AM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LED replacement kit for stock halogen H4 headlight bulbs

I replaced my stock H4 headlight bulbs with the Phillips x-treme ( similar to the Sylvania Silverstars ) ......brighter though not a major improvement

I've a 2016 F55 with halogens

I just saw this LED replacement kit ........has anyone tried these? any coding issues? is the beam wider than stock? do they install simply as the base seems pretty big?

Amazon Amazon

Old 10-17-2017, 06:21 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by umberto
I replaced my stock H4 headlight bulbs with the Phillips x-treme ( similar to the Sylvania Silverstars ) ......brighter though not a major improvement

I've a 2016 F55 with halogens

I just saw this LED replacement kit ........has anyone tried these? any coding issues? is the beam wider than stock? do they install simply as the base seems pretty big?

I did try several LED H4 kits on my F56 S, they are plug & play like using regular halogen bulbs and fits the headlight housing without issues. They provide a big improvement in terms of visibility at night.

Unfortunately, all the LED kits I tried do flicker a couple of times on start-up and they throw bulb-out message on the dash.

but what I really want is that LED halo DRL more that just having an LED replacement kit on my headlight so I bought a 3rd party headlight replacement from Aliexpress. It's also plug&play. Here's a thread where I showed the before and after pics of my car.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f56-hatch-talk-2014/307798-led-upgrades-not-headlamps.html#post4305824

Old 10-17-2017, 06:33 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
xentar - any chance you could post a pic of the incorrect mini logo on the headlights?

Old 10-17-2017, 06:43 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by trentiles
xentar - any chance you could post a pic of the incorrect mini logo on the headlights?

I don't have a picture from my car but here's a link from of one those selling the headlights. Just check the pictures from their listing. the gray logo inside the headlights says NIMI..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...e-2a1f6fa7c97b

Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
that is funny!

Besides that how is the quality? have you had them through winter yet?

Old 10-17-2017, 10:33 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by trentiles
that is funny!

Besides that how is the quality? have you had them through winter yet?

Quality seems decent, I compared the plastic material with the original headlights and can't tell the difference. I had them for one winter and so far so good.

Search this Thread