F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 This forum helped me with my JCW tuning kit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 04:42 PM
C5marine
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This forum helped me with my JCW tuning kit!

Hello all,

Thanks for all the help in my mini journey. So I picked up my mini yesterday from the dealer where they had installed a jcw tuning kit on it. First thing I did was check the mini excitement screen based on threads I saw here. Sure enough, it only read 200 HP. So I had the tech bring it back and reload the software. And this time it worked and showed 240! If I would not have read the forum, I would have totally missed this and not received the HP upgrade!

Follow on question...I have the ability to go back and pick up the stock exhaust. Should I do this? Is it actually worth anything?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:20 PM
J_L
5th Gear
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
Nice! JCW stock exhausts sell for between 100 and 300. I've been trying to get rid of my stock S exhaust, and have been unable to- I'd say it's worthless. I'm surprised that no one wants even the cat somehow- I thought those had good value.

UNLESS you were to go back to stock in the future when you sell the car, which would be smart. Recoup some of that money spent. Although I don't know that it's possible to take the ECU back to stock, or whatever it would take for someone to re-use the software code... >< They make it hard these days...

Old 09-20-2017, 05:36 AM
nqr31467
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I also upgrade my exhaust on my JCW to the AWE Track Edition and have the original exhaust sitting in my garage occupying space. Tried to sell but so far no luck been 8 months now.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:36 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Its good to keep, down the road when the cars get older someone might want it for a lease return or return to stock. The JCW tuning kit sounds great.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-23-2017, 06:53 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by C5marine
Hello all,

Thanks for all the help in my mini journey. So I picked up my mini yesterday from the dealer where they had installed a jcw tuning kit on it. First thing I did was check the mini excitement screen based on threads I saw here. Sure enough, it only read 200 HP. So I had the tech bring it back and reload the software. And this time it worked and showed 240! If I would not have read the forum, I would have totally missed this and not received the HP upgrade!

Follow on question...I have the ability to go back and pick up the stock exhaust. Should I do this? Is it actually worth anything?
Glad the forum helped you out. Great place for info and advice.

I told dealer to keep my old exhaust. I tend to keep stuff that I believe I may need in the future (but rarely do). I never plan to return to a stock exhaust, so it made no sense to keep it.

Market for a stock Mini exhaust would be limited at best. Most needing a new exhaust would likely opt for a performance aftermarket and would likely have the work done at a shop.