F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Would you paid $3,495 for Extended Service Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:45 PM
QueenV
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler_vt
They are prorated in some cases (usually third party). For Mercedes, they said if the warranty period hasn't kicked in and you are still under factory warranty, they will give full refund if you cancel or get rid of the car. After that its prorated. So I guess you have to know the terms of the warranty.

You should never get extended warranties at time of purchase. Always wait it out and see if you want to keep the car beyond factory warranty. If you do, then shop around in the last year of warranty.
I wish I had known that Mini extended warranty is pro-rated from beginning of contract; long story - I was never told, didn't receive warranty due to move and was told later when almost traded in at Mini that I'd be refunded full amount which wasn't fact. I got handed the Vaseline when I cancelled it just shy of 3 years /20k miles traded in Mini at another dealer while still under MFG warranty. Paid $3,250 for it and got only $1900 refund on warranty that I never used. Bitter pill. Never again... Will never buy BMW or Mini again. Horrible customer service from finance dept at dealer in Texas, treated rude and disrespectfully. Traded in for Mercedes.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 PM
crxtomini
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some Mini Dealers are Dirt Bags

When you negotiate and agree on a price on a car at Mini or BMW Dealership, they have you come into the finance office.

His job is to lie to you and separate you from your money. They want you to use their bank to pay for the car or try to sell you an inflated price extended warranty, an inflated price extended maintenance plan, an inflated price paint job treatment, or an inflated price tire warranty.

Yes $3,495 is the worst price. Steven Creek Mini in Northern California has some bad new car sell people.

When they call you into the office, you have the right to make them an offer. And don't be afraid to start LOW. But never PAY the price they quote you.

Fair price $1200 to $1600

Also, you do not have to buy it immediately. You have three years. If your new car is reliable near the last year, than maybe don't buy it.

QueenV could you tell us the dealer name? It might help somebody else.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:22 PM
QueenV
Neutral
Originally Posted by crxtomini
When you negotiate and agree on a price on a car at Mini or BMW Dealership, they have you come into the finance office.

His job is to lie to you and separate you from your money. They want you to use their bank to pay for the car or try to sell you an inflated price extended warranty, an inflated price extended maintenance plan, an inflated price paint job treatment, or an inflated price tire warranty.

Yes $3,495 is the worst price. Steven Creek Mini in Northern California has some bad new car sell people.

When they call you into the office, you have the right to make them an offer. And don't be afraid to start LOW. But never PAY the price they quote you.

Fair price $1200 to $1600

Also, you do not have to buy it immediately. You have three years. If your new car is reliable near the last year, than maybe don't buy it.

QueenV could you tell us the dealer name? It might help somebody else.
Momentum/Houston

Old 07-24-2017, 05:29 AM
Dan-FL
1st Gear
No!