F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 05:26 PM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarkBlue15MCS
It has been a while since I have last coded my car. After seeing that you can get the car to remember sport mode I wanted to give it a try. I got everything installed but when I use the esys launcher premium it gives me the esys splash screen then nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
I downloaded the latest software and that helped my launching issue

Old 01-01-2017, 03:50 PM
one2three_us
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
That's what I'd like to get figured out someday - Sport+ is basically Sport mode with DTC on/DSC off.
Tried activate mode 2 and mode 8 individually, drove around and didn't see any different nor indication there is Sport+ or ECO+ mode

Last edited by one2three_us; 01-01-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:33 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo
Happy Holidays....so just a few notes on how this code works.

- there is no "sport mode default" or "eco mode default" option.
- what does exist is "recall last setting". so if you shut off in eco or sport mode, when you turn on, it'll stay that way.
- the coding does 2 things...
- first, you have to ALLOW sport mode and/or ECO mode to be recalled.
- secondly, you have to activate the recall function.

now that the explanation is out of the way......

BDC
3221 PfFesMaster, 11

Fesallowmode7lastfunction - change to aktiv to allow eco mode to be recalled
Fesallowmode4lastfunction - change to aktiv to allow sport mode to be recalled -
Feslastfunctioninterval - change werte value to FF (it will show up as "UNKNOWN"..ignore it). this activates the recall function

save and test.

P.S. these settings only showed up after my ecu was updated after i had the bbk installed. on my original software (2/2014 build) it did NOT show up. if this doesn't show up for you, you know why. come up with a reason for mini to update your software.
IT WORKS! YAY!!! Thank you!

Originally Posted by hp79
To get a software update from the dealer, you can complain about the trunk accidentally opening caused by the remote button being accidentally pressed. Caused by a bad design on the remote. After the update, the UI on the speedo changes a little (temperature, green miles, they make use of more pixels) and my Green mode saved miles counter works much more reliably.
If you wanted to code this behavior yourself and don't need to update your software, I found the parameter to change so you can code it yourself:
In BDC --> "VAM_DISABLE_OPEN_LID_AT_NOT_UNLOCKED
" --> change to "aktiv"

With this enabled, when the doors are locked, the keyfob trunk button is disabled. You will need to unlock the doors first before you can pop the trunk. If you have Comfort Access, you can still walk up to the door and open it yourself.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM
EdRedSled
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking for someone in CT that is capable of programming the transmission control unit for a 2007 Cooper S with the automatic (not CVT). Tranny is Aisin, and it seems like an Aisin module as well. I can also source a used one online... but I am not sure they can be reprogrammed (conflicting opinions).

Any CT people capable? I am obviously willing to pay for a solution that avoids a new $900 TCM.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Dizzledan
1st Gear
I tried looking on the guides/BMW forum. Does anyone know the specific coding to enable fog lights and high beams?

Old 01-28-2017, 02:42 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzledan
I tried looking on the guides/BMW forum. Does anyone know the specific coding to enable fog lights and high beams?
What kind of MINI?

If it's a F-chassis, NSW_AUS_BEI_FL is the parameter to change and can be found in BDC. Change to nicht_aktiv. This will allow the fog lights to work with the high beams.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Dizzledan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
What kind of MINI?

If it's a F-chassis, NSW_AUS_BEI_FL is the parameter to change and can be found in BDC. Change to nicht_aktiv. This will allow the fog lights to work with the high beams.
Yes f56. Awesome thank you for that, I'll try it tonight.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:38 PM
icuc
2nd Gear
Need help with LED Day Time Running light retrofit from normal bulbs on F56. It is throwing the warning due to LED bulbs. What function name needs to be changed on the BDC module to turn off the bulb check for the DRL lights?

Old 03-05-2017, 08:11 PM
BeerChan
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by icuc
Need help with LED Day Time Running light retrofit from normal bulbs on F56. It is throwing the warning due to LED bulbs. What function name needs to be changed on the BDC module to turn off the bulb check for the DRL lights?
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4219774

Old 03-06-2017, 04:52 PM
COkid
1st Gear
New parameter to code lane-change blinks

My 2016 F56 Justa recently received a full integration update at the dealer. This, obviously, wiped out all my custom coding.

I received the latest data and Esys files and was able to reset most of the coding changes that wanted -- except for one.

Previously, this parameter allowed me to change the number of turn signal blinks for the lane change feature:
Change blinker blink to 4 flashes instead of 3 (value is xx+1)
BDC
3068>BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP> werte=3

The BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP parameter is no longer in the BDC module.

Does anyone know if there's a new parameter or if this function is no longer codeable?

Last edited by COkid; 03-06-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: minor typos
Old 03-06-2017, 11:14 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol. I thought it was just me. I wanted to code it to blink 5 times instead of the default 3 because I usually change lanes slowly as I'm a casious driver. Yeah, I couldn't find it anywhere. I want to know what happened to it too.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:14 PM
COkid
1st Gear
Originally Posted by COkid

The BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP parameter is no longer in the BDC module.

Does anyone know if there's a new parameter or if this function is no longer codeable?
Answering my own question...

After poking around in bimmerfest, I found the "fix".

The new parameter is PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN

Instead of specifying a specific value, you now get to pick from one, three, or five blinks. The value for five blinks is TIPPBLINKEN_FUENFMAL.

Enjoy.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:53 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Nice!! Thanks a lot. I'll have to find some time to code it in.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:10 AM
drguru
Neutral
R52 coding opening and closing roof with FOB

Hello everyone,
I owe old r52 mini cooper convertible.
Interested in coding opening and closing of roof with fob.
Installed NSC
Was able to connect to the car.
In work folder-- FSW_PSW
I made changes to this folder.
Now the issue is how to write it to the car.
I change it to FSW_PSW.MAN and also left the FSW_PSW in work folder.
i coded the car but nothing happened.

please advise
Thank you
GSB

Old 05-31-2017, 09:07 AM
khine13
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I noticed that I now have an option for "John Cooper Works" under Basic Display for the Center Instrument (LED Ring)

When selected, the ring has a Red LED at 12 o'clock. And will randomly stretch around to either side. lighting up from 12 o'clock to about 5, and sometimes less.

Anyone with a real JCW have this option? Or anyone know what this setting reads and what makes it change?

This option appeared after coding the JCW HUD Tach.

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2017, 09:47 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Looks like this is the code to disable bulb load check. This is useful if you replace the incandescent bulb with a non-resistor loaded LED. Resistor loaded LEDs (or CANBUS friendly LEDs) are not good because it burns extra power to look like it's a incandescent bulb.

I've been looking at the BDC_BODY 3061, and looking at the structure of brake middle light which is LED from factory, we need to disable the Cold check, Warm check, and also assign the bulb as LED.

Bulb names are as follows.
------------------------------
POL_L: font parking light left
POL_R: front parking light right
BL_L: brake light left
BL_R: brake light right
FRA_H_L: Turn signal Rear left
FRA_H_R: Turn signal Rear right
FRA_V_L: Turn signal Front left
FRA_V_R: Turn signal Front right
FRA_Z ?
RFS_L: Reverse light left
RFS_R: Reverse light right
KZL: License plate - default is LED
POL?
BIX?
BFD?

For example, if you want to replace the left brake light with LED bulbs, you need to do the following changes.
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_IS_LED aktiv

I haven't tried this yet because I'm not going to replace the outside bulbs any time soon. But when I have time, I'm definitely going to replace at least the front parking lights to LEDs.

I would really like to find what the front parking lights are called in coding.
Since I coded all these last time, I tried replacing the brake lights to LED and I get an error message now.
Does anyone have a clue what I need to do? Am I supposed to clear all the error at least once?

I rechecked that I coded as following:
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_IS_LED aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_R_IS_LED aktiv

I get error message saying rear parking light left malfunction, rear parking light right malfunction.

The front parking lights (bug lights) worked fine after coding POL_L and POL_R 3 lines for each side.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:41 PM
GooGoomuc
1st Gear
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, looks like I need to update my Mini firmware to get the JCW hud to work. It's F056-14-03. What is the best way to get the dealer to update the firmware? I have read the the dealer does not like to update the firmware unless there is a issue. Any ideas?

Old 07-01-2017, 12:42 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
I brought my 2016 JCW in for its yearly service - oil change, cabin filter, brake fluid, etc. They also took the car's integration firmware software version up to the latest: F056-17-03-507.

After I got home, I wanted to see if I have any potential software upgrades available for Bluetooth and Phone via the mini.com/connectivity website. You used to be able to put the last 7 of the VIN in there and find out if the Phone and Media software were up to date. When I put my VIN in now, it tells me that I have an invalid number. When I try to email them, the system won't work. My wife's 2016 X3 has an update, which I downloaded off the BMW connectivity website. I put it on a flash drive, and updated her system, which fixed an issue I had with viewing the songs I am playing.

Anyone have any idea how you find out what the latest software is available for connectivity part of the car?

Currently my software is: Media - MB001.056.001 Telephone - TB-001-056.001

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-img_2569.jpg  

Last edited by kfmuller; 07-01-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:16 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by kfmuller
I brought my 2016 JCW in for its yearly service - oil change, cabin filter, brake fluid, etc. They also took the car's integration firmware software version up to the latest: F056-17-03-507.

After I got home, I wanted to see if I have any potential software upgrades available for Bluetooth and Phone via the mini.com/connectivity website. You used to be able to put the last 7 of the VIN in there and find out if the Phone and Media software were up to date. When I put my VIN in now, it tells me that I have an invalid number. When I try to email them, the system won't work. My wife's 2016 X3 has an update, which I downloaded off the BMW connectivity website. I put it on a flash drive, and updated her system, which fixed an issue I had with viewing the songs I am playing.

Anyone have any idea how you find out what the latest software is available for connectivity part of the car?

Currently my software is: Media - MB001.056.001 Telephone - TB-001-056.001
I just put in the last 7 of my VIN and it worked. Let me download the latest software which I already had.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:24 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Originally Posted by trentiles
I just put in the last 7 of my VIN and it worked. Let me download the latest software which I already had.
Do you know what version you are running?

Also, which model do you have? I pulled some VINs off of the local dealers preowned inventory list, and the Cooper S, Cooper, etc. VINs work, but the JCW VINs give me the same error message saying they are incorrect VIN nos.

Thanks

Old 07-01-2017, 10:59 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
I have a cooper s

not sure on the version, i would have to go look. i updated it when i got the back last october. there have been no updates since. i don't think mini updates their software very often.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:14 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Originally Posted by trentiles
I have a cooper s

not sure on the version, i would have to go look. i updated it when i got the back last october. there have been no updates since. i don't think mini updates their software very often.
Sorry - should have asked the year, too. I've tried the last 7 of the VIN from a number of 2014-2017 2dr, 4dr, etc. I either get a Your Software is Up to Date or a message stating the VIN is incorrect.

Don't want to put you out, but if you could PM the last 7 of the VIN so I can download the file, then I can check to see what version(s) that file installs on the car. I installed the latest on my wife's BMW X3 this morning, and it corrected an issue I had with viewing the music library on the dash in the spedo when scrolling through songs. If not - no big deal. Just thought I'd be able to search the version out with the file. My wife's update file was about 80 mb, and installed in under 5 minutes. My wife's update file is: UPD05074.bin

Old 07-19-2017, 11:57 PM
donsuper
Neutral
Originally Posted by COkid
Answering my own question...

After poking around in bimmerfest, I found the "fix".

The new parameter is PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN

Instead of specifying a specific value, you now get to pick from one, three, or five blinks. The value for five blinks is TIPPBLINKEN_FUENFMAL.

Enjoy.
Is it the same for f60 countryman?
know nth about coding of car.
Just waiting for my cable arrive and try it out

And is there a code for auto dimming and heat up for the exterior side mirror?

Last edited by donsuper; 07-20-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:03 PM
the_dude_abides
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can someone post that list please?
Anything going on with programming hidden features? I'd love to enable bluetooth streaming on my basic infotainment system. The hardware should be all there already.
Are you guys using the ODB-to-ethernet connection onto a laptop?
is BT audio really possible?

Old 07-24-2017, 12:04 PM
the_dude_abides
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bt audio

Can someone post that list please?
Anything going on with programming hidden features? I'd love to enable bluetooth streaming on my basic infotainment system. The hardware should be all there already.
Are you guys using the ODB-to-ethernet connection onto a laptop?
is BT audio really possible?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming