1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I have paddles on my car, but I almost never use them. It downshifts for about 30 seconds and goes back to automatic mode. But the F56 cars want to be in a higher gear than my car (6 speed) so they might work out better. My friend's F56 wanted to be in 5th gear at 40 mph whereas mine doesn't go into 5th until 50 mph (and the spoiler goes up).

The following users liked this post:
ArchiMark (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 11:35 AM
curlywurly
2nd Gear
Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
i have the mini yours wheel.
paddle shifters
looks the same as the JCW in wheel profile, but seems to have much softer leather, with the off white stitching, and grey/black uk flag in place of the jcw logo.
ties the seats together - might be the way to go with your grey seats option

Last edited by curlywurly; 04-18-2019 at 11:42 AM.
ArchiMark (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 02:47 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
I have paddles on my car, but I almost never use them. It downshifts for about 30 seconds and goes back to automatic mode. But the F56 cars want to be in a higher gear than my car (6 speed) so they might work out better. My friend's F56 wanted to be in 5th gear at 40 mph whereas mine doesn't go into 5th until 50 mph (and the spoiler goes up).
Thanks for you input.....please read one of the earlier posts on this, sounds like there's a way to keep it from reverting back to automatic mode......

Originally Posted by curlywurly
i have the mini yours wheel.
paddle shifters
looks the same as the JCW in wheel profile, but seems to have much softer leather, with the off white stitching, and grey/black uk flag in place of the jcw logo.
ties the seats together - might be the way to go with your grey seats option

Thanks for your input and photo, very helpful.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:03 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
I checked my build sheet and it indicates a JCW steering wheel code (2XCt). ("t" isn't really a "T" but a cross and also shows up behind my order codes (346t - chrome line exterior), (ZMRt moon roof delete)

Now I'm sure when I configured, I was not given the option to choose steering wheels. In fact, the pix shown w/ my interior selections on the Mini Config shows the same steering wheel as the above.. Personally, I prefer that wheel with the white stitching than the JCW version (since this time around I going w/ a less performance looking build).

Not a huge deal since there will be red stitching on the automatic shifter lever and boot..

Old 04-19-2019, 11:26 AM
N0B0DY
4th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 78 Posts
The one with the white stitching is the MINI yours steering wheel. It's part of the Signature upholstery package. You have to pick it.

I have the JCW steering wheel and it is hard, feels almost like plastic.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:06 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by N0B0DY
The one with the white stitching is the MINI yours steering wheel. It's part of the Signature upholstery package. You have to pick it.

I have the JCW steering wheel and it is hard, feels almost like plastic.
I went with the Iconic trim level. Just went back and checked and I missed that steering wheel choice altogether. Oh well, not a huge deal I had the JCW wheel in my 2015 and found it to be quite nice. Firm w/ a nice "grippy" feel. I have a more padded steering wheel in my M240i and find it nice, but kinda spongy and sticky to my hands in comparison. Guess it just depends on what feels good to each of us. I ordered the JCW Tune, so I'm not completely out of the ballpark w/ the JCW steering wheel.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:03 AM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by USA-RET
I ordered the JCW Tune, so I'm not completely out of the ballpark w/ the JCW steering wheel.
JCW tune is nice, but we all know it's the steering wheel that makes the car go faster.

Has your car been built or are you shut down until May?

Old 04-20-2019, 11:48 AM
hugh
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The MINI that started it all. The original nimble, fuel-sipping cultural icon has a few new tricks up its sleeve, like a turbo engine and 3 adjustable driving modes.

ArchiMark (05-04-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 06:25 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4
JCW tune is nice, but we all know it's the steering wheel that makes the car go faster.

Well, went to dealer on Wednesday....

Had a list of some more questions to ask, brought my tape measure so I could measure inside of hatch area to compare to my current car ('04 RSX), and a folder with MINI configurator build scenarios, NADA guide pricing info, and a spreadsheet I created to compare different build option pricing, etc.

By the time I measured hatch, checked out some cars on the lot (one had the gray leather I'm considering...looked at exterior colors, even some certified used cars...), got questions answered, then salesperson did computer inventory search to see if maybe a dealer somewhere has configuration I want (to avoid doing build...but no one has one nationally), then running build in configurator, then negotiating on price for different scenarios (build vs car from inventory), almost 1.5 hours had passed. Had to get back to work soon, so, rather than rush to get order in, I said I'd come back next day. My brain was feeling a bit frazzled anyway, with contemplating all the various options and scenarios to choose from.

Unfortunately, my salesperson, was leaving next day for a week off. Scheduled next meeting for Friday, 4/26. So, plenty of time to make myself crazy over making a final decision...

Part of my indecision stems from realizing after looking over some certified used ('18 - '19) MINI's how much I can save over doing a new build. I realize that if I give up on the gray interior, which is main reason to do the build, I can save a few thousand, and if I go certified used, I can save a bundle over the build option. Hence, my going round in circles in my head right now.....

So, who knows if by next Friday the build option for '19 will still be available.....and/or what route I'll take, new from inventory, build, or used.......

Old 04-21-2019, 07:57 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear

Last word I got from Mini was my car is scheduled to be completed on May 15. So I didn't make it prior to shut down. Ya know, if I had known about the shut down, I'd have ordered the car a month early. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight, right? Based on info available, car should still arrive to me well before June 30.

I've been looking for gray floor mats for it as well some after-market stripe options. I have a local guy that does window tints and custom stripes, so I will find something I like and he can have them made and installed. Like I did w/ my 2015 I'll choose a "low" contrast stripe. Was thinking maybe a light metallic silver center stripe (bonnet and boot) on the Pepper White would look good. .

Kinda nice to start w/ a clean slate again.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:28 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Yep, can certainly be overwhelming when you factor in all the possibilities. I find it makes it easier if I prioritize my wants and needs. If it's just transportation or it's a car I cannot afford to buy new or would rather spend the big buck$ to purchase new (BMW M5, Porsche 911, Mercedes AMG, etc), then I look for whatever is closest to my desired choice and buy that. If it's a car I can afford to buy new, then I'll choose to order exactly what I want.

Much comes down to what you are comfortable doing. Remember, that dealerships and sales personnel will try and sell an inventory vehicle over a special order. I'm fairly confident they will do their best to muddy the water and steer you toward that purchase as it benefits them considerably more. It can save you some money, but so can not buying the car at all.

My wife told me a long time ago to not settle for something less than what you really want (within reason of course, Yes I really want a Ferrari 812 Superfast, but come on now ). I didn't believe her, but found (at least in lesser costing items than cars), I'd always regret not paying a bit more and having exactly what I wanted rather than the 2nd choice. In many cases I eventually purchased what I originally wanted anyway.

Don't know your financial situation of how long you plan to keep your car. I can tell you this for sure, you'll never be unhappy or regret buying and driving exactly what you want.

As an aside, My wife and I have only lived in two homes in our 44 year marriage. Both of them we had built exactly how we wanted them. One was while we lived north and were working and the last one is our retirement home in SW Florida. We never thought of moving because what we had was exactly what we wanted (you cannot improve on perfection). Consider that the average homeowner moves every 5 years - often-times because what they bought something already build and wasn't exactly wanted.

Hope this provides some perspective to your dilemma.

Originally Posted by ArchiMark
Well, went to dealer on Wednesday....

Had a list of some more questions to ask, brought my tape measure so I could measure inside of hatch area to compare to my current car ('04 RSX), and a folder with MINI configurator build scenarios, NADA guide pricing info, and a spreadsheet I created to compare different build option pricing, etc.

By the time I measured hatch, checked out some cars on the lot (one had the gray leather I'm considering...looked at exterior colors, even some certified used cars...), got questions answered, then salesperson did computer inventory search to see if maybe a dealer somewhere has configuration I want (to avoid doing build...but no one has one nationally), then running build in configurator, then negotiating on price for different scenarios (build vs car from inventory), almost 1.5 hours had passed. Had to get back to work soon, so, rather than rush to get order in, I said I'd come back next day. My brain was feeling a bit frazzled anyway, with contemplating all the various options and scenarios to choose from.

Unfortunately, my salesperson, was leaving next day for a week off. Scheduled next meeting for Friday, 4/26. So, plenty of time to make myself crazy over making a final decision...

Part of my indecision stems from realizing after looking over some certified used ('18 - '19) MINI's how much I can save over doing a new build. I realize that if I give up on the gray interior, which is main reason to do the build, I can save a few thousand, and if I go certified used, I can save a bundle over the build option. Hence, my going round in circles in my head right now.....

So, who knows if by next Friday the build option for '19 will still be available.....and/or what route I'll take, new from inventory, build, or used.......

ArchiMark (04-22-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:42 PM
N0B0DY
4th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 78 Posts
I checked my build sheet and it indicates a JCW steering wheel code (2XCt). ("t" isn't really a "T" but a cross and also shows up behind my order codes (346t - chrome line exterior), (ZMRt moon roof delete)

Now I'm sure when I configured, I was not given the option to choose steering wheels. In fact, the pix shown w/ my interior selections on the Mini Config shows the same steering wheel as the above.. Personally, I prefer that wheel with the white stitching than the JCW version (since this time around I going w/ a less performance looking build).

Not a huge deal since there will be red stitching on the automatic shifter lever and boot..
You still have time to change it. I like the Mini yours steer wheel feel better but I am not paying 2k for the option package just to get it.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:37 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by N0B0DY
You still have time to change it. I like the Mini yours steer wheel feel better but I am not paying 2k for the option package just to get it.
My car shows "in production" (Status code 150), so unlikely I can change it now.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:41 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Yep, can certainly be overwhelming when you factor in all the possibilities. I find it makes it easier if I prioritize my wants and needs. If it's just transportation or it's a car I cannot afford to buy new or would rather spend the big buck$ to purchase new (BMW M5, Porsche 911, Mercedes AMG, etc), then I look for whatever is closest to my desired choice and buy that. If it's a car I can afford to buy new, then I'll choose to order exactly what I want.

Much comes down to what you are comfortable doing. Remember, that dealerships and sales personnel will try and sell an inventory vehicle over a special order. I'm fairly confident they will do their best to muddy the water and steer you toward that purchase as it benefits them considerably more. It can save you some money, but so can not buying the car at all.

My wife told me a long time ago to not settle for something less than what you really want (within reason of course, Yes I really want a Ferrari 812 Superfast, but come on now ). I didn't believe her, but found (at least in lesser costing items than cars), I'd always regret not paying a bit more and having exactly what I wanted rather than the 2nd choice. In many cases I eventually purchased what I originally wanted anyway.

Don't know your financial situation of how long you plan to keep your car. I can tell you this for sure, you'll never be unhappy or regret buying and driving exactly what you want.

As an aside, My wife and I have only lived in two homes in our 44 year marriage. Both of them we had built exactly how we wanted them. One was while we lived north and were working and the last one is our retirement home in SW Florida. We never thought of moving because what we had was exactly what we wanted (you cannot improve on perfection). Consider that the average homeowner moves every 5 years - often-times because what they bought something already build and wasn't exactly wanted.

Hope this provides some perspective to your dilemma.
Sage advice, thank you!

And it all (you & others....) is very helpful.....

Situation is that I can now afford to build/buy whatever MINI I want, as I'm in my peak years career-wise before I retire in about 5 years....it's more psychological barrier thing I think...I've never bought a new car even though I'm in 60's now....so, feels odd to 'treat myself' to one, even though I can afford it.....

After mulling this over on the weekend, I am still a bit torn....but starting to feel a bit more comfortable with build option, even though it's most expensive one....starting to figure if I don't splurge now, when will I?....on other hand, I keep thinking about how much I can save, if I sacrifice the gray interior and get a one or two year old S.......

Old 04-22-2019, 06:20 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator

Situation is that I can now afford to build/buy whatever MINI I want, as I'm in my peak years career-wise before I retire in about 5 years....it's more psychological barrier thing I think...I've never bought a new car even though I'm in 60's now....so, feels odd to 'treat myself' to one, even though I can afford it.....
Your candor and introspection are refreshing.
There are several of us old timers here who have taken over 60 trips around the sun... we get it.

Yours is truly a "first world" problem -- one with which all thoughtful people enjoying privileged circumstances hopefully ponder.

When I was a "young" man in my 40's, I was driving past a car wash and spotted what was then the new Jaguar XJS convertible. I did a double-take and soon thereafter visited a Jag dealer, sat in a car in the showroom and snagged a brochure (way back then car sales people stapled their business cards to brochures and handed them to prospective customers). Upon returning home, I flipped through the brochure and cut out a stunning photo of the car and placed it on my desk. I made a checklist of benchmarks I felt I needed to hit before I could justify acquiring the coveted Jag.

A couple of years later, having looked at that photo of the XJS on my desk E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y, I checked off the final item on my benchmark list. I then found the XJS convertible that I coveted and went out and bought it. That was well over 20 years ago and that Jag is still sitting in my garage, happily seeping oil. These days, I take it out a few times each month, having put over 100,000 happy miles on it over the past decades. I have never regretted buying it.

The story gets better.... in 1968, for his birthday, my late father went out and bought a brand new Porsche 912 -- a car he had admired since that body style was introduced. He said, "I realized if I didn't do this now, I probably never would."

About a week after I got my Jag, I took it over to show my dad. He was concerned that I had spent all that money on a "frivolous" car. I reminded him of when he decided to buy his Porsche. He stared off into space for a moment and then said, "Well, let's take this Jag for a spin, shall we?" I put the top down and off we went. When we returned from our joyride, he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said, "I guess I've been a bad influence on you. Nice car."

Sit down, configure the MINI exactly as you want it, figure out the lowest offer you think might possibly fly, make an appointment with your MA when he returns, and tell him you're ready to order "today" if he can get you the terms you want. If they can get close, sign the deal. (Who knows, the May offers might get better, or the June or July ones, which may be your delivery month). If you can't make a decent deal at your dealer, shop around. California is full of MINI dealers. Or send me a PM and I'll give you the name of a Southern California dealer who might be able to help you out on an ordered car. But, unless it's the rent money you can't afford to fritter away... well, life is too short not to love what you drive.

We do it because we can.

The following 3 users liked this post by 2017All4:
ArchiMark (04-22-2019), Hilde (04-24-2019), Raven99 (06-29-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:27 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Your candor and introspection are refreshing.
There are several of us old timers here who have taken over 60 trips around the sun... we get it.

Yours is truly a "first world" problem -- one with which all thoughtful people enjoying privileged circumstances hopefully ponder.

When I was a "young" man in my 40's, I was driving past a car wash and spotted what was then the new Jaguar XJS convertible. I did a double-take and soon thereafter visited a Jag dealer, sat in a car in the showroom and snagged a brochure (way back then car sales people stapled their business cards to brochures and handed them to prospective customers). Upon returning home, I flipped through the brochure and cut out a stunning photo of the car and placed it on my desk. I made a checklist of benchmarks I felt I needed to hit before I could justify acquiring the coveted Jag.

A couple of years later, having looked at that photo of the XJS on my desk E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y, I checked off the final item on my benchmark list. I then found the XJS convertible that I coveted and went out and bought it. That was well over 20 years ago and that Jag is still sitting in my garage, happily seeping oil. These days, I take it out a few times each month, having put over 100,000 happy miles on it over the past decades. I have never regretted buying it.

The story gets better.... in 1968, for his birthday, my late father went out and bought a brand new Porsche 912 -- a car he had admired since that body style was introduced. He said, "I realized if I didn't do this now, I probably never would."

About a week after I got my Jag, I took it over to show my dad. He was concerned that I had spent all that money on a "frivolous" car. I reminded him of when he decided to buy his Porsche. He stared off into space for a moment and then said, "Well, let's take this Jag for a spin, shall we?" I put the top down and off we went. When we returned from our joyride, he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said, "I guess I've been a bad influence on you. Nice car."

Sit down, configure the MINI exactly as you want it, figure out the lowest offer you think might possibly fly, make an appointment with your MA when he returns, and tell him you're ready to order "today" if he can get you the terms you want. If they can get close, sign the deal. (Who knows, the May offers might get better, or the June or July ones, which may be your delivery month). If you can't make a decent deal at your dealer, shop around. California is full of MINI dealers. Or send me a PM and I'll give you the name of a Southern California dealer who might be able to help you out on an ordered car. But, unless it's the rent money you can't afford to fritter away... well, life is too short not to love what you drive.

We do it because we can.
Thank you for sharing some of your car history......great story......and insightful points to ponder....

I realized there's another aspect to my indecision....

About a month ago, my wife's beloved 2000 Green Millennium New Beetle, finally started to really show it's age....spare you all the saga, but it got to point I said "enough" and long story short, we ended up getting her a 2019 Beetle......I did try to get her into a MINI Cooper....she got as far as test driving one, loves the outside, but doesn't really like the typical black interior. Point is we just paid a good chunk of change to get the Beetle, so the MINI is coming on the heels of that purchase. Hence, my hesitancy I think about another substantial outlay of cash.....

Speaking of Jags.....

Back in mid-80's I was 'in a mood' and bought a '61 MKII 3.8S sedan, the one with the lovely burl wood tray tables on backside of front seats. That engine with dual carbs, could really move, once it got going....got it for about $4K....looked cool on outside with metallic silver fenders and doors and metallic black hood, roof, and trunk.....when I'd park the car, some people would ask if it was a little Bentley (think due to the two-tone paint job).

As you can imagine, it needed some work and when I decided to open my own business about a 1.5 years later, my wise better half, said either sell the car and focus on your new business or keep working as an employee.....ended up selling the Jag for about $5K.......oh well......

Anyway, back to MINI's.....

I did make an appt for this Friday with salesperson......hopefully, I'll have resolved what I want to do by then....

Last edited by ArchiMark; 04-22-2019 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Added Beetle saga
Old 04-22-2019, 07:34 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator

Back in mid-80's I was 'in a mood' and bought a '61 MKII 3.8S sedan,
So, then, you know.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

ArchiMark (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 09:11 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
So, then, you know.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
Thank you.....

Will report back after there's more news....

Old 04-26-2019, 04:17 AM
YULB48
1st Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The Cooper S is a car you don't have to explain to people.. Wel atleast in my circle of Friends. I just picked up a 19 5dr S for a new daily that the dealer had languishing in stock. They had a few optioned out non s models that the salesman tried to push I'm like "yea I'll take the stripper S please"

My sister in law has a non s optioned out, it's nice but just doesn't feel the same to drive.

ArchiMark (04-26-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Sansho
1st Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Haven't read all 69 replies, so apologies if repeating what others have said ... our 2018 F55 MCS with 6 speed automatic, is working very nicely for us. Given the choice between a 3 cylinder engine, and a 4 cylinder engine, it was an easy choice for the 4 cylinder engine ... after all, how often, in the US at least, have we seen 3 cylinder engines? 4 bangers have been around since forever, and honestly, any fuel economy difference is negligible. The 4 cylinder has the "oomph" we want when ever needed, and gets over 30 mpg overall, so we're happy.

ArchiMark (05-03-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 08:39 AM
YULB48
1st Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Sansho
Haven't read all 69 replies, so apologies if repeating what others have said ... our 2018 F55 MCS with 6 speed automatic, is working very nicely for us. Given the choice between a 3 cylinder engine, and a 4 cylinder engine, it was an easy choice for the 4 cylinder engine ... after all, how often, in the US at least, have we seen 3 cylinder engines? 4 bangers have been around since forever, and honestly, any fuel economy difference is negligible. The 4 cylinder has the "oomph" we want when ever needed, and gets over 30 mpg overall, so we're happy.
VW has an excellent 3cyl TFSI engine with cylinder deactivation. I was in the UK recently and the Skoda Fabia I got as a rental was pretty damn good. Low end grunt was there , much like a diesel and got diesel fuel mileage... The 1.0 3cyl EcoBoost Ford is a other interesting engine, came in the Fiesta SFe in North America. My only experience with it in in the EU.

The EU has some interesting engines that are low displacement and low g/c02, which is what you are taxed on

Want driving horror? Fiat 500 or Panda 2cyl or Nissan Versa 3cyl....

Old 05-03-2019, 06:50 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Well..........I did the deed today!!!!

Placed a build order.....

Went through a lot of internal turmoil to finally make a decision between build or a used car.....

Finally decided it was OK to go the build route......and was glad that my better half gave her support to this decision....

So, what did I order?

Cooper S (of course....)

Electric Blue with White Top and Mirror Caps and Chrome Trim

Gray Leather Seats and Gray Trim

Dark Gray for the glove box cover and door trim strips and chrome trim accents

LED Lights

H-K Audio

17" Silver Cosmos Wheels....

Automatic

Leather Steering Wheel with gray stitching

Think that hits most of the highlights.....

Would like to really THANK everyone that contributed so much excellent input and insights into this thread so far. You have no idea (well, maybe you do...) how incredibly helpful it all is having everyone's support here.

And another THANKS for the great how to get a good deal advice....it really worked.....saved several thousand dollars.....

Now, the hard part, right?....the waiting has begun....my salesperson says figure about 2 months.......ughhh......

Mark

Last edited by ArchiMark; 05-03-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Raven99 (06-29-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 07:19 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Congrats Mark. Sounds like a very nice build. I had considered the same color combo as you. Wife liked Pepper White..so you can guess what we ordered.

I assume you went w/ the Signature trim level?

Very nice looking car (I built it using the configuator). Waiting is the hard part.

Again, congratulations.....you won't be disappointed.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:00 AM
dsw13
1st Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Well..........I did the deed today!!!!

Now, the hard part, right?....the waiting has begun....my salesperson says figure about 2 months.......ughhh......

Mark
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think two months might be overly optimistic. I placed an order on a Justa on April 11. Still can't access the owner's lounge but when speaking to a rep last week was told that my car is scheduled to go into production on May 18. From what I've read, production takes about a week to ten days, but shipping can take several weeks. I realize that my order was placed in the middle of the month long factory shutdown, but I imagine that unless you are getting a dealer allocated order, you'll still be held up a little while they play catch up. I'm in Florida, which by my understanding gives me about a week to ten day shorter wait than for those on the west coast, and I'm still only hoping to have it by the end of June. I hope I'm wrong, but I would guess that you're looking at some time between mid and late July.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:08 AM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Congrats Mark. Sounds like a very nice build. I had considered the same color combo as you. Wife liked Pepper White..so you can guess what we ordered.

I assume you went w/ the Signature trim level?

Very nice looking car (I built it using the configuator). Waiting is the hard part.

Again, congratulations.....you won't be disappointed.
Thank you.....I can certainly guess what you ordered....

I ended up with Iconic trim as it turned out that with features I wanted it was actually a few hundred dollars cheaper that way...we ran build both ways to check...salesperson said that often this is the case, due to way the package is configured versus selecting items one by one.

Originally Posted by dsw13
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think two months might be overly optimistic. I placed an order on a Justa on April 11. Still can't access the owner's lounge but when speaking to a rep last week was told that my car is scheduled to go into production on May 18. From what I've read, production takes about a week to ten days, but shipping can take several weeks. I realize that my order was placed in the middle of the month long factory shutdown, but I imagine that unless you are getting a dealer allocated order, you'll still be held up a little while they play catch up. I'm in Florida, which by my understanding gives me about a week to ten day shorter wait than for those on the west coast, and I'm still only hoping to have it by the end of June. I hope I'm wrong, but I would guess that you're looking at some time between mid and late July.
Thanks for your input...understand your points...and I understand that two months is a rough guesstimate.....but my salesperson, modified a car order already in the queue for dealer's inventory to match my specs to get me further up the line....

I'm assuming by time it gets to port in southern California, through customs, and onto truck to get up to northern California, I'll hopefully see my car in early to mid-July.....we shall see......

Hope I can start tracking car online soon....for fun.....

Was thinking wouldn't it be cool if MINI has webcams so you could watch your car get built?

dsw13 (05-04-2019)

Quick Reply: Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ?