North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014-428/)
-   -   F55/F56 F55. 2015. Help. 39k miles. Turbo left the building I think (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014/334822-f55-2015-help-39k-miles-turbo-left-the-building-i-think.html)

Brandon Brouillard 01-06-2019 07:01 AM

F55. 2015. Help. 39k miles. Turbo left the building I think

Vid driving https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...9eaf5af0e7.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...5425429fe5.jpg
acting all weird . literally had the car less then a week.
started with this weird flutter/howl/whistle/flutter that seemed like gate was staying/stuck open
now i occasionally lose boost. Yet it sounds like this....
the whistle can get loud
Not sure what to do. Supposedly covered un 4/yr 50k till april of this year
Oh yea. There was oil inside of airbox and starting to reach the filter underside like faint on filter but surprisingly made it that far

N0B0DY 01-06-2019 08:08 AM

if its covered under warranty bring it in right away.

Brandon Brouillard 01-06-2019 08:40 AM

Was told to wait till tuesday
im in massachusetts an hr or so from actual Mini dealerships
And cant go without a vehicle
its Sunday and I'm pretty screwed i take it

N0B0DY 01-06-2019 08:46 AM

Ask for a loaner when you make the appointment.

If you drive it, you might cause more damage.

Brandon Brouillard 01-06-2019 08:49 AM

Well im gonna have to drive it to boston from worcester.
because bmw is a bunch of......
Will update as im gonna go now i guess because i cant stand looking at it especially being a week old....for me atleast.
will update thread once i know more....no bueno

N0B0DY 01-06-2019 08:50 AM

Good Luck with it.

Minidogger 01-06-2019 09:11 AM

I would ask the dealer if it is OK to drive it in for the repair.

If they say no, then ask when the tow truck arrives & how will they get the loaner to you.

You may have a towing benefit in your insurance too.

charrigan 01-07-2019 02:35 AM

All new minis have 4yr/unlimited miles roadside assistance and I am 90% sure that includes a tow to the nearest mini dealer. Depends on when your exact in service date was. If it was originally purchased in 2014 then you no longer have it

Brandon Brouillard 01-07-2019 01:17 PM

Im good. Found out a sensor was unplugging which caused alot of the codes. Turbo still needs to be replaced. As thats just a ticking bomb...but my appointment is tomorrow. And the cel is on now because of mass air flow sensor.
but im covered under the 4yr warranty till this April luckily it was bought late

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:04 AM

Close I ended up going to Herb chambers Boston the meaning dealership and yeah so my warranty was voided because of while me touching the clip and on my way there a few line blue resulting in me attempting to fix it on the side of the road because I didn't know about the tow service yeah to now 2 days later getting the car back in limp mode in Boston driving home in limp mode which took me probably 6 to 8 hours yes now I'm no in void with a warranty evidently and no idea what to do and in the picture you'll see all the codes that have magically popped up now that evidently can't be fixed with a 40000 mile vehicle
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...2b214f79c5.jpg

charrigan 01-21-2019 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Brouillard (Post 4445470)
Close I ended up going to Herb chambers Boston the meaning dealership and yeah so my warranty was voided because of while me touching the clip and on my way there a few line blue resulting in me attempting to fix it on the side of the road because I didn't know about the tow service yeah to now 2 days later getting the car back in limp mode in Boston driving home in limp mode which took me probably 6 to 8 hours yes now I'm no in void with a warranty evidently and no idea what to do and in the picture you'll see all the codes that have magically popped up now that evidently can't be fixed with a 40000 mile vehicle

There is a lot of info missing from this post ignoring the fact I cant understand half of what you are saying. What did you break trying to fix it on the road? There are certain protections a consumer has in regards to manufacturers attempting to void warranties so I find it hard to believe a dealer would deny a warranty claim unless you broke it.

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:37 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...01a6dab80d.jpgThe only thing i touched was the fuel line from there wagner bmw had their fingers under the hood after being told they dont work on minis- problem #1 towed to bmw. Not mini and they did god knows what
#2 currently where it stands

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:38 AM

The only reason work was denied was because i didnt do this. But left here arms up i guess

charrigan 01-21-2019 10:42 AM

Based off that service report it sounds like you really screwed up the car trying to work on it yourself.... I don't see how bmw corporate would side with you in reversing your voided warranty.

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:44 AM

what I supposedly broke was the fuel line connecting high pressure fuel pump to rail line...
it popped off driving down the road and i couldnt fix little connector and at the time advanced only had a dsteel braided cable so i grabbed that unbeknownst that i had roadside assistance or warranty like this
this is my first big car purchase

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:49 AM

oh my god replacing a steel braided line isnt rocket science
im here asking for the help with the codes which are preexisting so if your not here to help move along tf! im not accepting anything other then the line which is back to facvtory spec the rest came with the car

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:51 AM

and half of that
ie airbox and etc is from bmw and the tow guy trying there miracle diag and not putting anything back correctly cuz they all knew it wasnt their problem
so comment when you asctually know

charrigan 01-21-2019 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Brouillard (Post 4445486)
what I supposedly broke was the fuel line connecting high pressure fuel pump to rail line...
it popped off driving down the road and i couldnt fix little connector and at the time advanced only had a dsteel braided cable so i grabbed that unbeknownst that i had roadside assistance or warranty like this
this is my first big car purchase

Its not just the fuel line...

Hot glued pcv line
duct taped hole in intake
airbox not sealed
broken clutch sensor
hanging obd unit

The hot glued and broken pcv line and your intake issues are likely the cause of turbo failure (if it is even bad). The fuel line repair is not going to cause turbo failure. It will cause fuel component failures.

So you either worked on it and really messed it up or you should have had the car inspected before purchasing. Either way I see why they voided your warranty.

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:52 AM

car broke down- got towed to bmw(wrong place)- then towed into boston
i didnt see the car inbetween bmw and mini

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:54 AM

clutch sensor was from foot!!
PCV with hot glue are you kidding me ? duck tape?
this car has 39000 miles why on earth would someone do such a thing

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 10:55 AM

i went to school for this buddy so no i wouldnt make an art project of my first 20k purchase

charrigan 01-21-2019 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Brouillard (Post 4445494)
i went to school for this buddy so no i wouldnt make an art project of my first 20k purchase

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...94e0e3ca16.jpg

Brandon Brouillard 01-21-2019 01:35 PM

lets recap as to why im here asking for help with some of these codes not childhood playground drama. so excuse yourself or meet up.

detours 01-22-2019 04:01 AM

Wait, in your first post you said you've had it a week? So you bought it used a week ago? Sounds like the previous owner tried to install some aftermarket parts, screwed it up, couldn't make it work, and sold it to you broken.

If so, I'm so sorry. It's going to cost a lot to fix. You're going to have to go part by part and try to get it back to stock.

N0B0DY 01-22-2019 09:32 AM

My suggestion is to talk to your buddy that sold you the car and ask him why he screwed you over and demand your money back.