F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 PIcture of boot where you lower the spare, wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
PIcture of boot where you lower the spare, wanted

I have a favor of someone who has a 2019 Mini 'Signature series' These come with Run Flats and NO spare.. What I would like is a picture of the boot area under the panal where the spare tire kit would be = UNDER that is my question.. for the cars that do NOT have a spare,, what is under there? I am wanting to get the needed parts and install a spare... My car is ordered and the dealer is 70 miles away,, so I ask here. under the cover, I am guessing the metal cap nd under that???? Here is my 07 mini,,, this is what I am looking for.. of course,, this has a spare and the 'Bolt' from under is sticking up and being held by that large metal clip... what does YOUR area look like.. Picture please.

Thanks..

does your 2019 have this metal clip???

Does your 2019 have this cover???

Old 09-18-2018, 07:08 AM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
This isn't the answer to your question, but we placed an order yesterday and my MA said she could add a spare to the order for $100. She said if you wait until after delivery it was around $250. If your car isn't in production yet, I'd check with the dealer to see if they can add a spare now so you don't have to figure it out later.

The following users liked this post:
bratling (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:01 AM
harley0711
5th Gear
Originally Posted by chrunck
This isn't the answer to your question, but we placed an order yesterday and my MA said she could add a spare to the order for $100. She said if you wait until after delivery it was around $250. If your car isn't in production yet, I'd check with the dealer to see if they can add a spare now so you don't have to figure it out later.
Chuck - also sent you a message

Would you Please call your dealer and get the CODE for the spare add on.... That would be great help, since everything is by code... If you would please post it here or email me for faster - harley0711@yahoo.com.

I have just placed a call to my dealer with this info.. would LOVE to have the code for them, Its going to upset me IF this could have been done all along and its now to late.. time senisitive??

Michael

Old 09-18-2018, 05:45 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
I should have specified that I was ordering a Clubman vs a hardtop. Not sure if there's enough space in the boot in the hardtop. Hopefully Frankie can get you the info you need. She was super helpful yesterday.

Worst case, you could buy this one from Detroit Tuned: https://www.detroittuned.com/mini-cooper-f56-spare-tire-5-lug/

Old 09-18-2018, 09:08 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
Originally Posted by chrunck
I should have specified that I was ordering a Clubman vs a hardtop. Not sure if there's enough space in the boot in the hardtop. Hopefully Frankie can get you the info you need. She was super helpful yesterday.

Worst case, you could buy this one from Detroit Tuned: https://www.detroittuned.com/mini-co...re-tire-5-lug/
Tks,,, Thats $160 shipped.. I can get same for $150 total from my dealer..
For the base Mini - spare goes Under the car - the ONLY reason my car does Not come with a spare is because I wanted Leather interior and it only comes with the Signature packge and up.. those come with 16" wheels and Run Flats,,, therefore NO spare.. I know the small spare is a 15" - the spare would Only be used to get me home or off the road to a repair shop.. I do NOT like the run flats and dont plan to keep them long. I have almost all the part numbers to build my own spare set up.. right now its at $300, only need a clip let to add to the order,,, I may or may not ever need it, just to old school to Not have a spare.. and Run flats??? ya, you can drive on the run flats but still, its a Flat tire.. I do thank you for your suggestion and your help.. Looks like there is NOT a way to order a spare on a build and get the Signature package.. Frankie pretty much said that.. good luck on your quest..

Old 09-19-2018, 05:52 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
I'm pretty sure the spare tire option was removed from all 2019 models, and you can no longer opt-out of run flat tires unless you get the base 15" wheels.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:11 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
I'm pretty sure the spare tire option was removed from all 2019 models, and you can no longer opt-out of run flat tires unless you get the base 15" wheels.
You are mostly correct... I am dealing with the Base Mine... that Mini has 3 different levels to start your build.. 2019,, The entry level has 15" wheels and a spare, the other 2 levels have 16" wheels and no spare, The space is still there and I can add the spare - just buy the parts,, right now thats right at $300 complete... No tools, but I can make up a set.. for me (old school) it works... Run flats do not impress me and will run those out in short time..but to say ALL 2019 do not have a spare - some do..

Old 09-19-2018, 06:20 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
I'm telling you, the spare tire option was eliminated from all 2019 MINI models, including those with the 15" base wheels. Straight from my dealer's mouth when we ordered our '19 F57. Those may be the only wheels you can get without run flat tires from the factory now, but they come with a tire repair kit (option code S2VCA; same as found on BMW's without run flats) instead of a spare. Here's a VIN (WMWXP5C53K2D72342) from a local dealer for a car that has the 15" wheels. The spare tire option is nowhere to be found.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
I'm telling you, the spare tire option was eliminated from all 2019 MINI models, including those with the 15" base wheels. Straight from my dealer's mouth when we ordered our '19 F57. Those may be the only wheels you can get without run flat tires from the factory now, but they come with a tire repair kit (option code S2VCA; same as found on BMW's without run flats) instead of a spare. Here's a VIN (WMWXP5C53K2D72342) from a local dealer for a car that has the 15" wheels. The spare tire option is nowhere to be found.
Online appoligy to NBCGLX - He is correct.. Stopped by my MIni today and even two sales people could not agree but it was shown that there is NO spare in the 2019, with the 15" wheel base model, some sort of repair kit??? do NOT quote me on that ,,, even the sales guy was not sure,, go figure, lol

Last edited by harley0711; 09-22-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
We have lots of options and photos for spare tires on our web site. https://www.detroittuned.com/search....ection=product

Old 09-20-2018, 05:03 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by harley0711
You make an interesting point.. I will be back at my dealer on Saturday and I will go out and look at the window sticker on the two Mini's that had a spare mounted underneath and see if its a 19 or 18 or 17 = right now tonight, I am confused, lol. Still the 19's have the space.

after I typed my response I clicked on the Vin you provided and saw this

First under exterior === What am I missing - looks like its got the spare???

Tires: 175/65R15
Steel Spare Wheel
Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
Clearcoat Paint

Full copy of Vin2019 MINI Hardtop 2 Door Cooper FWD

VIN: WMWXP5C53K2D72342

Print

Summary Style & Trim Equipment Colors Tech Specs
Narrow Down By Style Cooper FWD Mechanical & Powertrain

Engine: 1.5L 12V Twin Power Turbo
Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
Front-Wheel Drive
3.42 Axle Ratio
70-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
150 Amp Alternator
3455# Gvwr 680# Maximum Payload
Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
10.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold ControlSafety

Side Impact Beams
Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
Emergency Sos
Rear Park Distance Control Rear Parking Sensors
Low Tire Pressure Warning
Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
Airbag Occupancy Sensor
Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
Back-Up CameraInterior

6-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement and Manual Rear Seat Easy Entry
6-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Fore/Aft Movement and Manual Rear Seat Easy Entry
60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
Fixed Rear Windows
Front Cupholder
Rear Cupholder
Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
Illuminated Glove Box
Driver Foot Rest
Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
Full Cloth Headliner
Leatherette Gear Shift ****
Day-Night Rearview Mirror
Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination and Driver Auxiliary Mirror
Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
Front Map Lights
Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
Carpet Floor Trim
Rigid Cargo Cover
Cargo Space Lights
Covered Dashboard Storage, Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
Delayed Accessory Power
Systems Monitor
Outside Temp Gauge
Analog Display
Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
Front Center Armrest w/Storage
2 Seatback Storage Pockets
Engine Immobilizer
2 12V DC Power Outlets
Air FiltrationExterior

Tires: 175/65R15
Steel Spare Wheel
Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
Clearcoat Paint
Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
Black Bodyside Insert and Black Fender Flares
Chrome Side Windows Trim, Chrome Front Windshield Trim and Chrome Rear Window Trim
Chrome Door Handles
Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
Light Tinted Glass
Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
Lip Spoiler
Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
Perimeter/Approach Lights
« Style & Trim
Sorry to say, the VIN decoder on this site is junk. It returns very generic and incorrect info. If I run my car's VIN through it, it says my car has the spare wheel/tire, too, which it most definitely does not. The decoder here also gives other discrepancies against my actual car. If you use a site like www.bmwvin.com it will return all the option codes. Inputting my car's VIN returns exactly the option codes my actual MINI order lists. Put in the VIN above and you get:

Code:

Vehicle options

S1CAA Selection of COP relevant vehicles S249A Multifunction f steering wheel S255A Sports leather steering wheel S2F0A MINI LA wheel Heli-Spoke silver S2VBA Tire pressure display S2VCA Tire repair kit S320A Deleted, model lettering S3ABA Mirror cap in vehicle color S3AGA Reversing camera S423A Floor mats, velours S450A Height adjustment, passenger seat S473A Armrest front S4C1A Colour Line Carbon Black S4EPA Interior surface in Hazy Grey S4NEA Blow-by heater S507A Park Distance Control (PDC), rear S521A Rain sensor S530A Air conditioning S544A Cruise control with brake function S550A On-board computer S563A Light package S645A BMW US Radio S693A Preparation BMW satellite radio S6ACA Intelligent emergency SOS call S6AEA Teleservices S823A Hot-climate version S842A Cold-climate version S845A Acoustic belt warning S850A Dummy-SALAPA S853A Language version English S8KLA Oil service interval 15,000 km/12 months S8R9A Refrigerant R1234yf S8SMA Car ident. number visible from outside S8TNA Daytime run.lights adjus.via light menu S925A Dummy-SALAPA S927A All-season tires S992A Control of number-plate attachment S9AAA Outer skin protection
Nothing in there about a spare wheel/tire, as opposed to this used vehicle (2017 Cooper convertible WMWWG5C36H3C99092), which clearly has the spare tire option code (S300A):

Code:

Vehicle options

P7L5A Wired S1CAA Selection of COP relevant vehicles S205A Automatic transmission S249A Multifunction f steering wheel S255A Sports leather steering wheel S2F0A MINI LA wheel Heli-Spoke silver S2VBA Tire pressure display S300A Emergency spare wheel S313A Fold-in outside mirror S319A Integrated universal remote control S322A Comfort access S327A Hood stripe, white S387A Wind deflector S3AGA Reversing camera S3BGA Mirror housings, white S423A Floor mats, velours S430A Interior/outside mirror with auto dip S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip S450A Height adjustment, passenger seat S473A Armrest front S494A Seat heating driver/passenger S4C1A Colour Line Carbon Black S4EPA Interior surface in Hazy Grey S4NEA Blow-by heater S4V9A MINI Excitement Package S4VAA MINI Driving Modes S507A Park Distance Control (PDC), rear S521A Rain sensor S534A Automatic air conditioning S544A Cruise control with brake function S550A On-board computer S563A Light package S5DDA Lifting jack S5DSA Emergency release, luggage compartment S609A Navigation system Professional S645A BMW US Radio S655A Satellite tuner S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon S697A Area-Code 1 for DVD S6A1A Always Open Timer S6NMA MINI Connected S6NPA Telephony USA S6NTA MINI Connected XL S6UHA Traffic Information S785A White direction indicator lights S823A Hot-climate version S842A Cold-climate version S845A Acoustic belt warning S850A Dummy-SALAPA S853A Language version English S8KLA Oil service interval 15,000 km/12 months S8R9A Refrigerant R1234yf S8SMA Car ident. number visible from outside S8TNA Daytime run.lights adjus.via light menu S925A Dummy-SALAPA S927A All-season tires S992A Control of number-plate attachment S9AAA Outer skin protection
I'm not happy reporting this news to you. I wanted a spare for my car, too, and I would've paid extra for it had it still been an option. I am looking at retrofitting it, as I understand it's possible with relative easy. Just need to gather all of the parts and install. I can tell you that the rear floor pan does seem to still have provisions for the spare, including a rubber grommet where the mount goes.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:48 PM
harley0711
5th Gear

I'm not happy reporting this news to you. I wanted a spare for my car, too, and I would've paid extra for it had it still been an option. I am looking at retrofitting it, as I understand it's possible with relative easy. Just need to gather all of the parts and install. I can tell you that the rear floor pan does seem to still have provisions for the spare, including a rubber grommet where the mount goes.[/QUOTE]

I already have all the part numbers and found a good source / discounted prices and good shipping. My dealer is giving me a very good price on the tire itsself / total will be about $300. I will be at the dealer on sat to take my own pictures I have been asking here. Once I get this done, I will post all part numbers and the company I delt with. My suggestion, when building or buying your New Mini, this is the time to ask your dealer for a break on prices, this is what I have done.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:01 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
What pictures are you looking for, inside the car under the cargo floor? Or, underneath the car, on the outside?

Old 09-20-2018, 07:03 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
What pictures are you looking for, inside the car under the cargo floor? Or, underneath the car, on the outside?
got all the pics I needed.. After I get all the parts, I will post an update on this idea..

While at the dealer today, I looked at a 2015 - Now they have a spare on teh 15" wheels.. all the parts I will need.. I have a 2007 Mini and I understand HOW the spare is lowered.. But this 2015??? little different set up,, This car had the ownerns manual in the boot... read it but it did NOT show or say HOW to lower the spare... I have googled this but ONLY get the older set ups, So any 2015 - 2018 owners with the 15" wheels AND a Spare - do YOU know How to lower the spare??? Or can you find in yourj owners manual how to do it?? LIke I said,, the bracket is a little different than the older models,, NO spring release in the 15-18..

Last edited by harley0711; 09-22-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:08 AM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Old 10-04-2018, 01:33 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
double post, sorry

double post, sorry

Last edited by harley0711; 10-04-2018 at 02:08 PM.