North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014-428/)
-   -   F55/F56 Black door handles and black gas cap (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f55-f56-hatch-talk-2014/281139-black-door-handles-and-black-gas-cap.html)

MiniLynsk 12-15-2014 09:04 AM

Black door handles and black gas cap

1 Attachment(s)
Glossy black with comfort access.

yetti96 12-15-2014 09:58 AM

And you bought these? Double sided tape, covers? Not too sure what this thread is about yet.

MiniLynsk 12-15-2014 10:00 AM

Yes I just received them from Outmotoring. Initially the handle covers weren't available with comfort access.

Flea77 12-15-2014 01:29 PM

How well does the button work with the added thickness of these covers? Would really like to black out my handles but I use the button far too much for these to interfere.

Allan

MiniLynsk 12-15-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Flea77 (Post 4023615)
How well does the button work with the added thickness of these covers? Would really like to black out my handles but I use the button far too much for these to interfere. Allan

I will let you know tomorrow. Did not get to install tonight.

MINIPartsMass 12-17-2014 09:38 AM

For any others looking for these, we currently offer them for the NON-Comfort vehicles. We are working on getting them for vehicles with Comfort access but do not have an ETA at the moment.

Here is a link to them on our website:
http://www.minipartsmass.com/partloc...egoryID=222872

MiniLynsk 12-17-2014 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Door handles with comfort access from Outmotoring. There are no issues with the comfort access buttons.

MiniLynsk 12-17-2014 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Black gas cap from Outmotoring.

MiniSquirty 12-18-2014 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by MiniLynsk (Post 4024358)
Door handles with comfort access from Outmotoring. There are no issues with the comfort access buttons.

It almost seems like the comfort access button sits flush with the cover. Is it still easy to push with cover on or do you have to get a finger tip in there.

Convincor 12-18-2014 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by MINIPartsMass (Post 4024250)
For any others looking for these, we currently offer them for the NON-Comfort vehicles. We are working on getting them for vehicles with Comfort access but do not have an ETA at the moment.

Here is a link to them on our website:
http://www.minipartsmass.com/partloc...egoryID=222872

Does your cover snap over the chrome or do you take off the chrome and replace it with the black?

MiniLynsk 12-18-2014 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by MiniSquirty (Post 4024474)
It almost seems like the comfort access button sits flush with the cover. Is it still easy to push with cover on or do you have to get a finger tip in there.

The button still pops out a little. It is no issue though using them. They work the same as before.

MiniLynsk 12-18-2014 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Convincor (Post 4024509)
Does your cover snap over the chrome or do you take off the chrome and replace it with the black?

They go over the chrome.

MINIPartsMass 12-18-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Convincor (Post 4024509)

These go over the exhisting chrome cover and adhere with doublesided tape.

ItchyPigCreations 12-21-2014 05:33 AM

What is the gas cap and handle covers made of?

MiniLynsk 12-28-2014 12:50 PM

They are just a plastic overlay. I like them a lot.

Flea77 01-22-2015 01:09 PM

I never could find a source in stock for the black gloss with comfort access so I wound up ordering a set of carbon fiber ones off ebay from China. I ordered the probably overpriced ones at around $160 but when they came in they are very, very nice.

The comfort access button is slightly harder to press and really requires a fingertip to press in although it isn't much more difficult than without the covers.

So far the 3M double sided tape seems to be holding although I am not overly confident in it and may look at something else.

Allan

CobraBob 01-22-2015 06:00 PM

It there was an easy way to replace the entire handle and gas cap, I'd definitely go for black vs. the chrome I have now. But I would be concerned about the longevity of snap on covers held secure by double-sided tape. To the eye, they look pretty good.

g34343greg 01-23-2015 04:29 AM

Personally I'm ok with my chrome ones, but if the covers fit properly (the shapes match up almost perfectly) and you clean both surfaces with alcohol, then those things will be near impossible to get off when taped on.

MINIPartsMass 01-23-2015 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by CobraBob (Post 4036342)
But I would be concerned about the longevity of snap on covers held secure by double-sided tape.

I had a spoiler on my previous vehicle held with only double sided tape. Not only was it subject to highway speeds but also 3 years of hot sun, rain, freezing weather, and snow...the thing never even came close to falling off! When i sold the car and removed the spoiler, it took quite a bit of effort to remove it. The double sided tape is much stronger than one might think.

PresidioF56 01-23-2015 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by MINIPartsMass (Post 4024557)
These go over the exhisting chrome cover and adhere with doublesided tape.

I hate people who complain about pricing, but I am going to be that guy...

Plastic covers that snap on with double side tape.....and they cost $89 or $45 dollars??? That sounds like a profit margin of 1700% and 700%. Thats ridiculous. :mad:

I'm all about making a profit but give me a break....why on earth is anyone buying these at that price.

I think I am more upset that people are buying these and not forcing the price down. Kuddos to the dealer.

MINIPartsMass 01-23-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by PresidioF56 (Post 4036500)

Plastic covers that snap on with double side tape.....and they cost $89 or $45 dollars??? That sounds like a profit margin of 1700% and 700%. Thats ridiculous. :mad:

I'm all about making a profit but give me a break....why on earth is anyone buying these at that price.

I think I am more upset that people are buying these and not forcing the price down. Kuddos to the dealer.

Thank you for your input. These are the same covers other retailers on this website offer and we are proud to say that we beat their prices. Unfortunately our pricing structure has to be based off of what we pay for them and not what others want to pay.

TX1911fan 01-24-2015 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by MINIPartsMass (Post 4036525)
Thank you for your input. These are the same covers other retailers on this website offer and we are proud to say that we beat their prices. Unfortunately our pricing structure has to be based off of what we pay for them and not what others want to pay.

As an online retailer myself I completely agree with this statement. Online sales are competitive and the days of huge profit margins are gone. Charge too much and someone will sell for cheaper and you're out of business.

Rocket_man 01-24-2015 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by PresidioF56 (Post 4036500)

To design and machine a mould and do a production run of an item that probably sells only a thousand or so units is not cheap. If the profit margin were so high you ought to get into the business. You'd be rich.

MINIPartsMass 01-26-2015 01:15 PM

Only a few days left to take advantage of our free shipping offer!! Order by Jan 31, 2015 and we will refund shipping costs!!

JayGP 06-22-2016 12:17 AM

Interested in these, but worried about removal if I ever need to down the line. Upon removal, will the double sided tape damage or somehow leave a permanent residue/mark on the original chrome surface underneath? Thanks.