North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015-442/)
-   -   F54 2019 F54 oem tires - runflats? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015/339266-2019-f54-oem-tires-runflats.html)

sbreech 05-26-2019 03:31 PM

2019 F54 oem tires - runflats?

So, I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my 2019 Clubman S iconic, and I began wondering. Does it come with a spare tire, or does it just have room for one? And if it does, does it still come with run flats? My salesman doesn’t have an answer. Thanks for any insight!

Landspeeder 05-27-2019 08:41 AM

Your Clubman S will have runflats if it is a new car from the factory (previously owned maybe not). The spare tire is an option that has to be ordered on any trim level Clubman, it is not inclusive. Your salesperson can look at the virtual build sheet and see if the spare tire package was ordered. If he/she can't figure that out, go directly to the salesmanager for assistance. If it was not ordered, there are several vendors on this website that can provide you with the appropriate bits and pieces. Hint- it is way more expensive to retrofit rather than order with a new car from the factory. Have fun with your new ride!

2017All4 05-27-2019 09:43 AM

If you go to the MINIUSA build page for the Clubman S, and you pay close attention as you do a build, you may see the spare tire appear as an included feature at the Iconic level.
As was mentioned above, the build sheet on your car should reveal this, and the person who sold you your car should know the answer. And if your MA doesn't know the answer, the only response you want to hear from him/her is, "I'll find out and get the answer to you immediately."

Congratulations on joining the Clubman Club. Great cars.

sbreech 05-27-2019 10:02 AM

Thanks for the responses! I looked over my build sheet, and it does in fact mention compact spare. To be totally honest, I am stoked about getting my new Clubman. My wife drives a Countryman and my daughter a 2 door, and they both hate the Clubman due to the barn doors. They say it looks like a hearse. :-). It means they won’t be driving it.

gearhead60 05-27-2019 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sbreech (Post 4472160)
Thanks for the responses! I looked over my build sheet, and it does in fact mention compact spare. To be totally honest, I am stoked about getting my new Clubman. My wife drives a Countryman and my daughter a 2 door, and they both hate the Clubman due to the barn doors. They say it looks like a hearse. :-). It means they won’t be driving it.

One of the reasons I bought my Clubman.....the barn doors. Now I have a hearse! Cool.....

2017All4 05-27-2019 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by gearhead60 (Post 4472206)
One of the reasons I bought my Clubman.....the barn doors. Now I have a hearse! Cool.....

No....what you've got yourself is a Good Truck right there. With proper rear doors.

But if anyone hauls a casket, or a dead body, we need to see photos in the Good Truck thread. Many bonus points will be awarded.

Eric_Rowland 05-30-2019 07:05 PM

We sleep in the back on camping trips - does that count?

phydx2 08-08-2019 08:55 AM

I got the iconic trim package and the spare was included in the build. I've actually thought about taking it out to use the space and just put it back for long trips, but haven't gotten around to that (and probably won't)

sbreech 08-08-2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by phydx2 (Post 4486931)
I got the iconic trim package and the spare was included in the build. I've actually thought about taking it out to use the space and just put it back for long trips, but haven't gotten around to that (and probably won't)

I thought about that, too. What I think I am going to do, though, is take the jack equipment from the HUGE foam container, put it all in a small nylon bag, secure it with velcro, and use the retained space for a subwoofer amp.

Eric_Rowland 08-12-2019 09:50 PM

Any issues with using the spare on the ALL4? I would think the difs wouldn't be too happy - unless the diameter is the same.

gearhead60 08-13-2019 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland (Post 4487629)
Any issues with using the spare on the ALL4? I would think the difs wouldn't be too happy - unless the diameter is the same.

I've had to use my spare one time and there were no issues for the 20 mile ride I had to make.

Eric_Rowland 08-18-2019 04:51 PM

Thanks, good to know.