North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015-442/)
-   -   F54 Gun Rack of Choice (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015/335990-gun-rack-of-choice.html)

gearhead60 02-12-2019 07:26 PM

Gun Rack of Choice

Anyone mount a gun rack in their Clubman yet? Looking for suggestions....;)

H_C 02-12-2019 09:33 PM

Going hog hunting? :popcorn:

Fly'n Brick 02-12-2019 09:36 PM

Only suggestion I can think of is don't. A good way to get your car broken in to and a firearm into the hands of a potential felon. Around here almost every pick 'em up had a gun rack with 2 or 4 shootin' irons maybe 30 or 40 years ago. Haven't seen one for 15 or 20 years now and the daily police report in the local paper has 1 or 2 car break-ins nearly every day. Just sayin'.

gearhead60 02-13-2019 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by H_C (Post 4450030)
Going hog hunting? :popcorn:

Living so close to DC, and with the threat of a wall, I just want to be extra careful. Thought I would weld a back door closed and mount the rack on the side.....

IQRaceworks 02-13-2019 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by gearhead60 (Post 4450043)
Living so close to DC, and with the threat of a wall, I just want to be extra careful. Thought I would weld a back door closed and mount the rack on the side.....

I'm assuming this is a joke.....:impatient:

2017All4 02-13-2019 07:32 AM

My Clubman came with two factory-installed 20mm Vulcan cannons. I forget the feature build code. I think it was a $1,200 option. There's a toggle that flips the fog lamps open and the barrels are behind. Only had to use it once. That guy should not have cut me off.

Haven't activated the oil slick spreader yet. Not sure where the button is located.The old Jags spread oil automatically. :wink:

2017All4 02-13-2019 08:15 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, you need to do a Carly coding to make it work. Gotta be careful or when you activate the folding mirrors with the key fob, you might start shooting. Complex stuff. Proceed with caution!

Mineeee 02-13-2019 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2017All4 (Post 4450078)
My Clubman came with two factory-installed 20mm Vulcan cannons. I forget the feature build code. I think it was a $1,200 option. There's a toggle that flips the fog lamps open and the barrels are behind. Only had to use it once. That guy should not have cut me off.

Haven't activated the oil slick spreader yet. Not sure where the button is located.The old Jags spread oil automatically. :wink:

The oil spreading feature is a standard feature on the 1st gen minis thanks to the crank sensor O-ring...

Ive been trying to fix my horn, but maybe that time is better spent on the cannon option:)

gearhead60 02-13-2019 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2017All4 (Post 4450078)

DAMMIT 2017All4! Where was that option? I could have still been within budget if I added them. I might have to sue my salesman since he didn't disclose all of the available options. Might help with the cost of the rack. That begs the question....can we retrofit the Vulcans if the car wasn't built with that option?

gearhead60 02-13-2019 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mineeee (Post 4450101)
The oil spreading feature is a standard feature on the 1st gen minis thanks to the crank sensor O-ring...

Ive been trying to fix my horn, but maybe that time is better spent on the cannon option:)

Clearly you have your priorities in the right place....

gearhead60 02-13-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by IQRaceworks (Post 4450046)
I'm assuming this is a joke.....:impatient:

You just never know about these Gen 3 owners......

2017All4 02-13-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by gearhead60 (Post 4450118)
DAMMIT 2017All4! Where was that option? I could have still been within budget if I added them. I might have to sue my salesman since he didn't disclose all of the available options. Might help with the cost of the rack. That begs the question....can we retrofit the Vulcans if the car wasn't built with that option?

If you can code your side mirrors to fold and unfold with the fob, you can add the cannons, if you have the sunroof.

As an aside, the toggle to the immediate right of the red start/stop toggle has a graphic which few realize is actually an oil slick coming out from behind a MINI. And on your car, there is probably a blank to the right of the oil slick toggle -- on my car that is the toggle to flip open the front fog lights, exposing the cannons. When actuated, the horn becomes the trigger. But you have to fold in the side mirrors prior to firing. Has something to do with managing recoil, I think. When the Vulcan mode is activated, the fuel gauge becomes an ammo meter, with each illuminated dot equal to a dozen available rounds. The only major issue with the Vulcan option is how the rounds of ammo mess with the front/rear weight distribution. And, like so many things in modern MINIs, you have to go to the dealer to re-load. Special equipment and tools required, apparently. But the labor is covered under the free maintenance for the first 4 years, though you gotta pay for the ammo, at full dealer retail.

What I want to know is why would a guy who has a stealth car want to have a gun rack that shows? Best place to locate the gun rack is in the compartment under the boot floor, unless it's filled with a spare tire. :roll:

cooper48 02-13-2019 10:54 AM

If you guys had been smart enough to order the limited-edition Stealth model no one could see the gun rack. But of course, then you have the problem of finding your parked car. :grin:

2017All4 02-13-2019 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by cooper48 (Post 4450139)
If you guys had been smart enough to order the limited-edition Stealth model no one could see the gun rack. But of course, then you have the problem of finding your parked car. :grin:

Son, when you get to be my age, it's a problem finding the car even without stealth. :nod:

cooper48 02-13-2019 02:00 PM

Ha! Parked my rental in D.C. a few months ago while visiting the Capitol and didn't realize that the city was broken into quadrants. The same street names are in each quadrant. When I told the cabbie to take me to a certain intersection that I cleverly remembered in order to find my car, he said, "Which quadrant?" "Uh, beats me," I said. It took a benevolent and very dedicated D.C. police officer that I flagged down over an hour driving my wife and I around (with me pushing the rental car's alarm button constantly) before we found it! Talk about feeling like a *******! BTW, I just turned 70 so it's been a while since someone called me "son." :lol:

2017All4 02-13-2019 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by cooper48 (Post 4450202)
BTW, I just turned 70 so it's been a while since someone called me "son." :lol:

Reminds me of the joke about the 70 year old guy who makes love to his wife, rolls over and goes to sleep for a couple of hours, then wakes up and makes love to her again, then rolls over and goes to sleep for a couple more hours, then wakes up and makes love to his wife for a third time, at which point his surprised wife says, "Wow, honey. Three times in one night??" To which the 70 year old fellow responds, "Three times? Well,,, you get old, you forget."

Now, weren't we talkin' about gun racks before some of us decided to hijack this thread? Privileges of age, I reckon.;)

vetsvette 02-13-2019 04:16 PM

I checked and the Vulcan was only offered in the F60 and F54. :sad: But I can always mount a couple of padded "C" clip on my roll bar to hols a couple long guns. Can't see side because of the tint anyway. I did think about finding a lockable hard case in the right length to fit sideways over my rear seat delete, but it would be too much trouble crawling in the back to access it. I make do with an old Kydex IWB holster screwed to a panel under the steering wheel. The Sparco seats make it uncomfortable to carry concealed if I'm driving any distance.

2017All4 02-13-2019 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4450228)
I checked and the Vulcan was only offered in the F60 and F54. :sad: But I can always mount a couple of padded "C" clip on my roll bar to hols a couple long guns. Can't see side because of the tint anyway. I did think about finding a lockable hard case in the right length to fit sideways over my rear seat delete, but it would be too much trouble crawling in the back to access it. I make do with an old Kydex IWB holster screwed to a panel under the steering wheel. The Sparco seats make it uncomfortable to carry concealed if I'm driving any distance.

Concealed Carry and California are incompatible terms out here on the Left Coast. I always assumed the secret compartment in MINIs of yore was designed specifically for hiding heat -- maybe a single-shot derringer?? Anyone out here caught with a loaded holster bolted to any part of their car... well, we make do floating around in a haze of legal pot as we move from one gate-guarded community to the next, trying to stay one step ahead of the earthquakes. Love is everywhere.

gearhead60 02-13-2019 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by cooper48 (Post 4450139)

I did get the Stealth Mode option. Must have been some secret easter egg on the order page that I failed to locate, which would have given me the Vulcan (not Spock) Option. I quess the good ol' boy gun rack just pales in comparison to the Vulcans. Perhaps next time.....hopefully, I'll find that option along with a supply of spent Uranium rounds. I could take out any Land Yacht in existence along with most full size SUVs and Pick 'em up *ucks.

2017All4 02-14-2019 10:36 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...8b7240a2a7.png One of the Vulcan units removed from my Clubman during the last scheduled maintenance visit, for all you doubters. :eek:

cooper48 02-14-2019 12:45 PM

Sweet. Roof mounted?

gearhead60 02-14-2019 12:48 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...df0bfdaee0.jpg

2017All4 02-14-2019 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by cooper48 (Post 4450415)
Sweet. Roof mounted?

As reported earlier, one of two under the bonnet, with flip open front fog lights, activated from a toggle on the center stack. Gearhead is just over-compensating because he failed to check the correct option box on his Clubman order.

gearhead60 02-14-2019 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2017All4 (Post 4450418)
As reported earlier, one of two under the bonnet, with flip open front fog lights, activated from a toggle on the center stack. Gearhead is just over-compensating because he failed to check the correct option box on his Clubman order.

But at least I now have spent uranium rounds to pepper someone's ass.....

2017All4 02-14-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by gearhead60 (Post 4450419)
But at least I now have spent uranium rounds to pepper someone's ass.....

I checked with my MINI dealer. No uranium tipped rounds available from them for MINI. Apparently you can only get them for the properly-optioned 7 Series BMW. Pricey.