F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 New to the Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:03 AM
durantson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the Club

I just picked up a 2017 clubman s all4! I have been driving a truck for the past 5 years or so, the clubman is beyond fun. What a great car! All my big tough guy truck driving friends love it too lol.

Unfortunately it came without the projector headlights. I have been looking for a solution but it doesnt seem easy.

I will order the Dinan sport. From what I have read in the forums, it is the way to go.

Should I put a cold air intake on the clubman?

They sell aftermarket touch screen DVD players specifically for this car, should I replace the OEM one?

I will tint the windows first thing.

Likely get summer tires and wheels and keep these wheels for winter. Any suggestions on a size that really suits the car for summer?

Are there any good phone charging cradles made for the mini? I have a cell booster in the car already but it doesnt have a cradle.

Does anybody have any recommendations for mods that I should be doing that aren't listed?

Thanks a ton! I'm happy to be part of this community. Seems like all the mini owners wave to each other around here. (Drayton Valley,
Alberta, Canada)

Old 06-16-2018, 08:45 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Welcome to NAM

Nice looking MINI.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:05 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Congratulations on getting yourself a "Good Truck." Nice.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:29 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by durantson

Unfortunately it came without the projector headlights. I have been looking for a solution but it doesnt seem easy.
I'd stick with the factory headlights.

I will order the Dinan sport. From what I have read in the forums, it is the way to go.

I've been more than satisfied with the Dinan Sport, but there are other options, including a full ECU tune that others like a lot.

If you're looking for a different sound, perhaps an intake. But the BMW OEM air box is thought to be a pretty solid unit as equipped. Whatever you do, keep the hot engine compartment air away from the intake.

They sell aftermarket touch screen DVD players specifically for this car, should I replace the OEM one?

Depending on which screen came with your car. Depending on what you're trying to achieve. I have the upgraded factory screen with the dial on the center console and I've gotten used to no touch, and the factory stereo is fine for me -- first time I haven't upgraded, but then, I'm getting old.

I will tint the windows first thing.

These cars look good with the right tint job.

Likely get summer tires and wheels and keep these wheels for winter. Any suggestions on a size that really suits the car for summer?

I ordered my car and stayed with 17" wheels -- larger wheels look better, IMHO, but I enjoy the ride of the 17's.

Are there any good phone charging cradles made for the mini? I have a cell booster in the car already but it doesnt have a cradle.

https://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/...--PHONE-CRADLE

Does anybody have any recommendations for mods that I should be doing that aren't listed?

Depending on your budget and tastes, some like the Remus exhaust. Also some people like the various suspension mods, but from the factory these cars are pretty sweet in the All4 configuration.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:23 AM
durantson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4

Thank you for taking time to respond! I appreciate all of the feedback.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
angrymini
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also got a 2017 clubman all4 but mine is not an S. So far very impressed with this mini, i like it more than the 2015 non s hatchback i traded for it.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:04 PM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Old 06-19-2018, 03:46 PM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Great list of intended mods and the car looks spectacular !!

Old 06-19-2018, 08:18 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome. I really like that color on the Clubman wish they had it for my R55 Clubman.

Hope we can help with your mods.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-26-2018, 08:17 AM
Virgilstar
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

AFAIK retrofitting LED headlights is not an easy thing to do at all.

Yes. Lots of people here like it.

The hood scoop is not functional (some people are developing 3D printed functional versions), but the existing intake is pretty good and gets reasonably cool air, so the general consensus is that a CAI would not be much better for performance. Of course, it would probably be good for sound!

The cravenspeed one seems to be liked around here. I just use a generic vent-mount holder from best buy. One thing to note - if you charge from the built in USB port and you have a newer phone that requires a lot of current for fast charging (galaxy, pixel, and others with USB-C port) then it will only charge in slow mode. Get a 12v socket-mount charger that will supply enough juice (Aukey sells a good one on Amazon).

Window tint is a great first mod - exactly what I did first. No need to do the panoramic roof (if you have it) because of the built-in shades, so that keeps the price reasonable.

A black plastic cover for the rear bumper sill is a good addition, to stop it getting scuffed up from loading things in the trunk.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:07 AM
durantson
1st Gear
Thank you for all the great info! I will be starting some of the mods on Thursday. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:10 PM
BGKJR28
Neutral
Welcome to the F54 FAM

Durantson,

I know how you're feeling. I purchased 2016 F54 S just 3 months when it was available here in Cali. I drove 350 miles to get it. Now on to questions, I like you have very disappointed with aftermarket accessories for the clubman, but I have compiling a list with URL's for the item I've gotten thus far. I will be posting again on 3 July with pics and such. Hopefully, the list may be of some benefit.

Bob

Old 07-11-2018, 07:07 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Welcome.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-08-2018, 04:29 PM
lostronin
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just drove a new 2019 Clubman S All4 with stick while my two door F56 S was in for some warranty work. Sure it has four doors and is a “bigger” MINI than what I’m used to, but I really liked it. It handled beautifully. Great clutch and gearbox. Smooth shifting and plenty of power. The car felt really planted in the corners and had excellent grip off the line. The All4 trans is the real deal. Anyway, I just thought I’d drop by your sub-forum and say how much I enjoyed your car.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:26 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by lostronin
I just drove a new 2019 Clubman S All4 with stick while my two door F56 S was in for some warranty work. Sure it has four doors and is a “bigger” MINI than what I’m used to, but I really liked it. It handled beautifully. Great clutch and gearbox. Smooth shifting and plenty of power. The car felt really planted in the corners and had excellent grip off the line. The All4 trans is the real deal. Anyway, I just thought I’d drop by your sub-forum and say how much I enjoyed your car.
If you buy a Clubby, we'll teach you the secret handshake and the disco moves required to get those rear doors to open with some slick foot moves.
The fact that you found an S All4 with a stick is a real unicorn find these days.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Mayfair
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lostronin
I agree with you completely. I got my All4 S in manual couple of weeks ago. It's got much more grip on turns compared to my R56S and still fun to drive, considering the size.