F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Fog Lights on with Parking lights?

Old 09-25-2017, 07:05 AM
MiniU4ia
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Lights on with Parking lights?

Is there a way to program the fog lights to turn on just with the parking lights on?

Old 07-16-2018, 08:37 AM
eastport_mini
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It can be done with Bimmercode

Last edited by eastport_mini; 07-16-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2018, 02:14 PM
GP193
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a JustaClubman and have no fog lights.

I know there are fog lights on the barn doors and have turned them into Brake lights.

My question is rgarding the Bumper Brake lights. There ae 2 lights on both the left side and right side. The outer light illuminates during braking, but the inner light does NOT light up under any circumstance with my car.

could those inner lights on the bumper also be fog lights?

Old 10-05-2018, 03:09 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by GP193
I know there are fog lights on the barn doors and have turned them into Brake lights.

Same here.

Originally Posted by GP193
My question is rgarding the Bumper Brake lights. There ae 2 lights on both the left side and right side. The outer light illuminates during braking, but the inner light does NOT light up under any circumstance with my car.
could those inner lights on the bumper also be fog lights?
When the cars were first delivered (and I know, I had an early one), those inner bulbs were also brake lights. But there was a bug, such that when the turn signal was active, the inner bulb on that side did not function. This somehow violates some weird DOT rule, so there was a recall and a software update was done to all cars to totally disable the inner bulb.

Which means that the behavior of that bulb is independently controlled by software, and could probably be programmed to be anything you like (but if a brake light, might end up with the same weird side-effect that affected the early cars).

Old 10-05-2018, 05:42 PM
GP193
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Good point GDDR. I did have the recall completed pertaining to that brake light and blinker issue. I just can’t recall whether those inner bumper lights used to illuminate.

to be safe I am not going to mess wih the coding and ry to make them light up.

don’t want to screw up that recall.

i just drove the car at night and with the bumper outer lights, barn door inner lights and the blinking mod I have to the 3rd light really make a difference!

At night was a good test to make sure I wasn’t blinding the drivers behind me.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:53 PM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
The inner bumper lights become the turn signal indicators when you have the barn doors open, so they are functional, just only during that specific condition (i.e.- hauling something where you can't close the doors).

GDGR is correct that there is some DOT rule that doesn't allow the way the bumper lights operated as originally programmed, my 2017 had the software update performed much to my disliking. My wife did note that at night when all 4 bumper lights illuminated, they were a bit overpowering when she was behind me in her SUV and that the current 2 bulb setup is more than sufficient, FWIW.

Search this Thread