North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015-442/)
-   -   F54 Bimmercode app (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015/319014-bimmercode-app.html)

BazV 09-10-2017 07:49 AM

Bimmercode app

Hi guys. Have anyone used the bimmercode app? Ive seen the carly app, its good but the bimmercode seems better for easier coding, but has anyone used it?

Nimrandir 09-11-2017 12:39 AM

I should receive the wifi adapter today and i will give it a try...

Beside being cheaper than Carly's app it appears to have more potential with the "Advanced mode" that is very similar to the options you have while coding with the "professional tools" on the pc :)

I will let you know how it goes...

pw1114 09-11-2017 06:45 AM

Bimmercode is worlds better than Carly.

Both can do all the normal basic coding options like rear DRLs, comfort closing, etc.

With bimmercode, I was also able to add rear fogs, and upgrade my display from 6.5" visual boost to 8.8" visual boost (no nav), among other things I can't think of right now. This is thanks to the expert mode it has.

TVPostSound 09-11-2017 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by pw1114 (Post 4329088)
upgrade my display from 6.5" visual boost to 8.8" visual boost (no nav),

What did that do for you??
I have 6.5" with no nav too!

Minnie.the.Moocher 09-11-2017 09:13 AM

I seem to recall reading on the BMW forums that Bimmercode was good but that once you coded an option you couldn't go back and undo it. Is that the case, or was it bs?

Thanks

pw1114 09-11-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 4329124)
What did that do for you??
I have 6.5" with no nav too!

Its only visual difference, so you get the tiered style menus, which I guess is more convenient since you can see more information all at once. But mostly, I wanted it because I wanted to be able to see album art, album name, and track title all at the same time while playing music. Plus it was just a project I wanted to do.

pw1114 09-11-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4329133)
I seem to recall reading on the BMW forums that Bimmercode was good but that once you coded an option you couldn't go back and undo it. Is that the case, or was it bs?

Thanks

It was bs.

Minnie.the.Moocher 09-11-2017 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by pw1114 (Post 4329162)
It was bs.

Do you need the adapter they mention on website or will other OBD ones work? I already have a few of them.

pw1114 09-11-2017 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4329238)
Do you need the adapter they mention on website or will other OBD ones work? I already have a few of them.

Haven't tried any other ones except the one they state is needed, so I can't make any assumptions.

TVPostSound 09-11-2017 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by pw1114 (Post 4329161)
Its only visual difference, so you get the tiered style menus, which I guess is more convenient since you can see more information all at once. But mostly, I wanted it because I wanted to be able to see album art, album name, and track title all at the same time while playing music. Plus it was just a project I wanted to do.

Bimmercode saves backups, first backup upon reading.

TVPostSound 09-11-2017 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4329238)

I tried the Black and yellow one I used for Dash Command, didn't work, had to buy the recommended one.

vetsvette 09-11-2017 08:41 PM

So, how does it work? Do you have a link to the app?

EDIT: Downloaded the app. Just have to order the interface now.

zagman 09-13-2017 08:17 AM

Have anyone compared the list of coding actions between Carly and Bimmercode? I have Carly but I am not thrilled with it.

TVPostSound 09-13-2017 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4329293)
So, how does it work? Do you have a link to the app?

EDIT: Downloaded the app. Just have to order the interface now.

Make sure, on Amazon, you click the correct one when choosing the pretty colors.
Some are IOS, and Android, others are Android and PC. Be careful.
Thats maybe why a few bad reviews about not working correctly, wrong one picked.

vetsvette 09-13-2017 05:14 PM

Yep. already checked that out. I could never get Carly to work on my car. Amazon refunded the Carly adaptor, but I had to eat the cost of the app. At least everything seems to be less expensive on the Bimmercode setup and it seems to offer more options too.

BazV 09-15-2017 03:39 PM

I bought the app and the recommended wifi adapter, it works flawless.

Is there a list of coding parameters for the expert mode?

vetsvette 09-16-2017 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by BazV (Post 4330259)
Is there a list of coding parameters for the expert mode?

Just ordered my interface. I have the basic app downloaded and of course all I can do is play with the demo. I'm curious also if there is a list somewhere so I can decide what changes I want to make while waiting for delivery. What is the cost of the actual app? Is there a basic and expert mode? And if so, what's the fee and/or advantages of the expert mode? :popcorn:

TVPostSound 09-16-2017 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4330451)
Just ordered my interface. I have the basic app downloaded and of course all I can do is play with the demo. I'm curious also if there is a list somewhere so I can decide what changes I want to make while waiting for delivery. What is the cost of the actual app? Is there a basic and expert mode? And if so, what's the fee and/or advantages of the expert mode? :popcorn:

Make sure you have today's update. It has been updated to work with the latest MINI reprogram.

If you ordered your interface from Amazon,
make sure the seller is "ediag tools", not "UCar Technology CO.,ltd"
It seems the latter has more failure rates, and I can't prove it, but me thinks they resell the failed ones.
Look at the feedback.

TVPostSound 09-16-2017 06:25 PM

Expert mode, for instance, allows you to add rear fogs, by adding the switch and adding the lights using the same language as E-SYS

(Add rear fog/ activate rear fog switch)

3068, NSL_Verbaut = Verbaut

(Map the switch to lamps)

3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output = nsl_l
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function = nebelschlusslicht
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output = nsl_r
3064 Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function = nebelschlusslicht

The basic menu is just that, basic on and off stuff.

vetsvette 09-16-2017 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 4330475)
If you ordered your interface from Amazon,
make sure the seller is "ediag tools", not "UCar Technology CO.,ltd"

I ordered the one from edlag because the reviews were so much better than the alternative offering. Supposed to be here Tuesday.

BazV 09-16-2017 08:55 PM

The app is basic on and off so very easy to use until you choose the expert mode, then its all in german and a lot of features you fan code, if you know whats what.

Ive been looking at this for a while. http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/. Check it out, hopefully something there for everyone.

TVPostSound 09-16-2017 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by BazV (Post 4330494)
The app is basic on and off so very easy to use until you choose the expert mode, then its all in german and a lot of features you fan code, if you know whats what.

Ive been looking at this for a while. http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/. Check it out, hopefully something there for everyone.

That sheet is no very correct, and not up to date.

E:G:

It shows 3063 for rear fogs, when it should be 3064
Also routes both l and r signals to l

TVPostSound 09-16-2017 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4330488)
I ordered the one from edlag because the reviews were so much better than the alternative offering. Supposed to be here Tuesday.

Good!!
The one I had from UCar died, the replacement Ediag one arrives Wednesday.
Amazon returns are the best!!

BazV 09-17-2017 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 4330504)
That sheet is no very correct, and not up to date.

E:G:

It shows 3063 for rear fogs, when it should be 3064
Also routes both l and r signals to l

Where can i get an upto date list from? :thumbsup:

TVPostSound 09-17-2017 02:27 PM

Anyone use the latest Bimmercode?
Comfort Closing Keyfob, Window up with ignition off, start without brake pedal, or clutch.
Gone??

Is it me, or Bimmercode?

Oh Well, it moot, I can do it in expert mode