F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Bimmercode app

Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Which shift ****? ICT's?
That's the one! Hope it shows up today or tomorrow so I can install it this weekend. I don't mind the look & feel of the original, I just miss the lighted pattern.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:46 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
If you happen to have the CravenSpeed Adjustable Short Shifter you should check out
http://www.flameball.com

They have some really neat lighted and unlit shift ***** for a threaded fit. I have one of their black ***** with yellow flames on my yellow/black Vette.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:04 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by GDGR
That's the one! Hope it shows up today or tomorrow so I can install it this weekend. I don't mind the look & feel of the original, I just miss the lighted pattern.
Here's mine. It lights-up orange, exactly like the dash lights.Bimmercode app-photo236.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Bimmercode app-photo559.jpg  

Last edited by darex; 12-29-2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:32 AM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hi,
This is probably a stupid question: I have the Bimmercode app on my ipad. I can connect fine, but the codes don't take. I get an error that says my ipad isn't connected to the internet. I'm connected to the OBD device via wifi so I can't be connected to the internet at the same time. If my ipad has to be connected to the internet and the OBD transmitter at the same time, I guess I'm SOL. Any tips?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:19 AM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Never mind! Evidently I downloaded it but didn't purchase it. Now it works great!

Old 01-10-2018, 09:59 AM
punkgeek
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone know if there is a code to automatically activate the rear wiper if the front wiper is on? I have the auto wipers and it seems like that would have been an obvious feature for them to include...

Old 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by punkgeek
Anyone know if there is a code to automatically activate the rear wiper if the front wiper is on? I have the auto wipers and it seems like that would have been an obvious feature for them to include...
Or failing that -- something that allows the rear wipers to stay on if the mechanical switch is on? It drives me nuts that sometimes I get in my car at night, the switch is still on from the last drive, but the wipers are off. So in the dark, I go to turn them on, but I end squirting the window because I can't tell which position the switch is in.

For crying out loud, if the switch is on, the thing the switch is connected to should be on, how hard is this?

The following users liked this post:
punkgeek (01-10-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:24 AM
Renman333
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Can anyone tell me if Bimmercode for Android is capable of clearing error codes? I heard BimmerLink can do this but is only available for IOS. The reason I ask is, I ordered a Dinan Elite Tuner and it states that before install you must have software that can clear errors.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by Renman333
Can anyone tell me if Bimmercode for Android is capable of clearing error codes? I heard BimmerLink can do this but is only available for IOS. The reason I ask is, I ordered a Dinan Elite Tuner and it states that before install you must have software that can clear errors.
It doesn't clear codes as far as I know. If you don't have any codes prior to installing then no worries on installing the Elite. I'd also want to make sure to solve any issues if you have error codes prior to installation. Not just clearing codes.

btw - some free apps will clear codes.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:06 AM
Renman333
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
It doesn't clear codes as far as I know. If you don't have any codes prior to installing then no worries on installing the Elite. I'd also want to make sure to solve any issues if you have error codes prior to installation. Not just clearing codes.

btw - some free apps will clear codes.
Ah ok . I may have misunderstood Dinans warning, This would be for clearing previous codes(if any) and not codes from installing the Dinan Elite.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:27 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Does anyone know what the option "Wiper level switch back on stand" in BDC_01 means?

One of the things that drives me batty about this car is that even though the rear wiper switch is a physical switch (clearly either on or off), the car always defaults to off when you restart it -- even if the switch is on. Been searching through the Bimmercode app looking for a fix to that and this is the closest thing that might be it.

Any clue?

Old 09-21-2019, 11:53 AM
tzo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GDGR
I finally got a programmer (wifi ob2 dongle and the Bimmercode app), as a nice gift from the family. So, I've made three changes to my '16 Clubman S:

1 - The radio will now turn off when I open the door. This has really pissed me off since day 1.
2 - I got rid of the nag screen. I've had lots of cars that do this so I'm sort of used to it, but I'm glad to see it go.
3 - I programmed it to show tire temps as well as pressures.

I haven't actually DRIVEN it yet so I'm not sure if these all "took" or not, but I hope so! I'm a little surprised that the thing measures tire temps at all.

Also coming soon - a lighted shift ****. I'm surprised that I've missed this, but as I've had three BMWs with the feature I really do notice the lack of it.

I'm going ahead and donating another 200 internet points to charity in @2017All4's name since I'm still not using the automatic mirror folding option.
How u succeeded number 1 with the radio function?WWhich is the path?

Old 03-17-2020, 12:30 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loonysup
The latest update to BimmerCode finally makes this a killer app. I have a 2018 Clubman S and a lot of the functions weren’t previously available. Today I was finally able to disable the disclaimer screen and even better I was able to get the JCW tach to display in the heads up display.

You have to go in to expert mode in both the HUD and KOMBI ECUs and enable the following:

HUD, set HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

So it’s six things you need to activate. Once you’re done, go in to your settings for the HUD and you’ll see new options for sports display.

Had anyone else tried this?I have found the first part in the expert mode :HUD, set HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.
But i can t find the same modules in the KOMBI ECUs.Any help please?
Another question also:I have to buy first the app to do the changes or even with the simple edition of the app i can do that?

Search this Thread