North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015-442/)
-   -   F54 Hello from-British Racing Green-JCW (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-talk-2015/317979-hello-from-british-racing-green-jcw.html)

OJ MINI 08-10-2017 06:35 AM

Hello from-British Racing Green-JCW

8 Attachment(s)
I just want to say hi to this group and show my new pride :)) This is my second Mini so far and I absolutely love it. It is more suited for me then F56S that I have before.
First two pictures are from my trip around Swiss alps.
Then I add some 15mm spacers
Then I wrap that ugly chrome :))

Scooter24 08-10-2017 11:26 AM

Beautiful car! Never can go wrong with that color!

tangy07 08-10-2017 12:34 PM

where did you get the wrap for your chrome?

2017All4 08-10-2017 02:18 PM

V E R Y N I C E car, indeed:thumbsup:

jbing 08-11-2017 05:20 PM

Beautiful car, I love my BRG Clubby S as well!

Scooter24 08-11-2017 05:27 PM

I have a question in regards to the taillights on the Clubman I'm from America I was in Germany about a month ago and saw a couple clubmans and when they hit the brakes the two rear lights on the hatch didn't light up just the light at the top and in the bumper. Now to be honest with you I can't recall if I've ever noticed that before on other clubmans or if that's just a Europe thing? Or I'm just maybe going crazy I don't know LOL

2017All4 08-11-2017 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter24 (Post 4321809)
I have a question in regards to the taillights on the Clubman I'm from America I was in Germany about a month ago and saw a couple clubmans and when they hit the brakes the two rear lights on the hatch didn't light up just the light at the top and in the bumper. Now to be honest with you I can't recall if I've ever noticed that before on other clubmans or if that's just a Europe thing? Or I'm just maybe going crazy I don't know LOL

US spec F54 cars do not have brake lights in the door light clusters. Only bumper and high center light. There is a recall campaign #17V-222 that makes it even weirder, in that the way the bumper brake lights function is changed. If brakes are activated while a turn signal is also activated, there is even less brake light illumination from the bumper lights.

Lots of discussion about this on other threads as well.

At the core of all of this is US law regarding how lights in doors function when the door is open. Long and short of it is MINI does not put brake lights in the rear doors on F54's, so what you observed is correct.

Scooter24 08-11-2017 05:41 PM

Alright I've been meaning to look it up but just been busy with work. But when I seen it I had to take a double look because I was really confused.

OJ MINI 11-19-2017 05:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello,

So far I made 15000km and I absolutely love the car.

The modification I've done so far is:
Race Chip Ultimate - they say car will have almost 300hp, I was not at the dyno with the car but my gut telling me that thing have not 300hp.

Open Intake from NM Eng. - I use the used one from my previous mini and I love it, the sound is great.

Additional high beams from MINI - the installation was nightmare but they work quite well. And I love the looks.

And I buy some set of winter tires. They are Nokian Hakka. R2. I will install them at Monday so we will see how they perform.

OJ MINI 11-19-2017 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Scooter24 (Post 4321809)

I don't know if it is US thing or not but EU clubman light up the bumper and 3rd braking light. Those one on the doors are not brake lights.

Nimrandir 11-20-2017 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by OJ MINI (Post 4345947)
Hello,

Race Chip Ultimate - they say car will have almost 300hp, I was not at the dyno with the car but my gut telling me that thing have not 300hp.

Open Intake from NM Eng. - I use the used one from my previous mini and I love it, the sound is great.

Additional high beams from MINI - the installation was nightmare but they work quite well. And I love the looks.

And I buy some set of winter tires. They are Nokian Hakka. R2. I will install them at Monday so we will see how they perform.

I was thinking about the racechip "upgrade" too... What's your opinion about it? Beside not having 300hp :D

jvanbrecht 11-20-2017 10:06 AM

Might be 300 at the crank, but not at the wheels, and only in ideal perfect conditions :)

Speaking of which, with the manual, do we know what the drivetrain losses are between the crank and the wheels?

pw1114 11-21-2017 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by OJ MINI (Post 4345947)
Hello,

Can you post more pics of your car from different angles if you have time? I’m thinking of adding spacers for my wheels and I’d like to see how they would look from all angles. Thanks.

OJ MINI 11-24-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nimrandir (Post 4346251)
I was thinking about the racechip "upgrade" too... What's your opinion about it? Beside not having 300hp :D

Yes, I think is worth it. It definitely have more torque and you feel it every single time you step on the gas. Installation is quick a price is also good. So go get it :))

OJ MINI 11-24-2017 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by jvanbrecht (Post 4346278)
Might be 300 at the crank, but not at the wheels, and only in ideal perfect conditions :)

Speaking of which, with the manual, do we know what the drivetrain losses are between the crank and the wheels?

Usually the losses of drivetrain is something between 15 to 25 percent (in worst cases) I believe.

OJ MINI 11-24-2017 10:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pw1114 (Post 4346787)
Can you post more pics of your car from different angles if you have time? I’m thinking of adding spacers for my wheels and I’d like to see how they would look from all angles. Thanks.

Sorry I don't have much photos from all angles but I thing here you will se what you looking for. The fit is just right. With 20mm it would be too aggressive for my liking.

ECSTuning 11-24-2017 11:04 AM

Where dd you get the spacers from? So 15mm? Looks good.

OJ MINI 11-25-2017 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 4347294)
Where dd you get the spacers from? So 15mm? Looks good.

From local czech company http://www.alutechnik.cz they have all sorts of wheel accessories.

ECSTuning 11-27-2017 11:26 AM

oh ok, because we have them also. Thought they might be one of our sets.

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Mini_F56_Cooper_ECS_Wheel_Spacers/

OJ MINI 02-13-2018 12:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
So I have something about 20k kilometres and since I tracked my car for several times my brake pads are gone :nod::thumbsup:

I was deciding between endless and ferodo and brake pads. Ferodo win because it is easier to get and less expensive. I have installed a set of DS2500 and man, they work :thumbsup:

Some pictures from install are below. Notice the great difference in pad surface.