F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 T-10 days to Mini, couple prep questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Holy the Goalie
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-10 days to Mini, couple prep questions

Hi everyone, I just got the email from my local Mini that my Clubman should be hitting port tomorrow, and I can expect it to arrive in about 7-10 days. I wanted to drop a couple of questions here (I've been accumulating them over the last 2 agonizing months of waiting ).

I meant to order mine with the LED headlight option, but somehow that got left off. Are the LED headlights interchangeable with the non-LED options? Is that worth having the dealer swap for me, or is that an easy enough change that I could do it on my own, with a limited amount of car knowledge?

I've never had a car with the automatic stop/start function. I've always heard that the hardest thing on an engine is starting it up. If that still holds up, wouldn't it make sense to disable that function? I'm all for saving money on gas, but I'd rather pay the couple cents per stoplight than stress the engine and have to get major work done sooner.

I've never bought a new car before, so I've never had to deal with this. Is there a recommended engine conditioning condition(s) and period? Like, keep the revs under x RPM, or don't drive it over 55mph, or something like that? I do a lot of highway driving on my commute, and the last thing I want is to mess something up because I'm driving 75mph for 30 minutes at a time.

Any suggestions on things I should look for when taking receipt? Or any general suggestions on how to enjoy this process to its fullest? You only get to buy your first Mini once, I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything (or have any annoying, avoidable headaches!).

Thanks!!!