F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 No Clubman Talk Here Yet?

Old 10-14-2016, 06:30 PM
sp_clark
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Clubman Talk Here Yet?

I know the third gen Clubman's haven't been out for long but I'm surprised there's no sub-forum here for 'em yet?

I'm pondering various aspects of trading my early '13 Clubman for a newer model, either the 3-cyl or an S. In that I live where I've found snow tires on all four corners to be mandatory for peace of mind Nov - April I'm dumbfounded that TireRack doesn't yet have wheel+tire packages?

Are there that many different wheel size offerings (I've seen 16, 17 & 18's doing various BTO's at MINIUSA) they can't at least give some options for the base configurations?

I know my 4-lug wheels won't fit sadly. I have sets for summer & winter, each with tires suited for the seasons.

What other brands / models will these wheels fit? Maybe I can unload them, gain back some storage space in the garage....

Old 10-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
It's mixed in the older clubman section. Ownership of the forum is deaf to making useful additions.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:17 AM
MyroMini
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
It's mixed in the older clubman section. Ownership of the forum is deaf to making useful additions.
Just went through all that with my new 2016 Clubby

Bolt pattern and center bore is the same as F55/56/57. But offset and wheel width is different

I though about buying steel wheels for winter. Don't dig the look. So I ended up with BM933 anthracite wheels. OEM fit. You can use OEM studs and even the Mini center cap

Old 10-15-2016, 07:20 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Since it's a new model, thought there would be a new section.

I just ordered a new BMW M240i and if I had not gotten the deal I wanted on the Bimmer I would have ordered a new JCW Clubman.

I think the new Clubman is a great addition to the Mini line up. Hope to see them bump the HP on all the JCW models in the future. W/ so many cross-platform motors used by BMW, the JCW should get bumped at least to the 230i power range w/ an 8 speed auto.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:08 AM
Maugre
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife just traded in her '13 Countryman for a '17 Clubman All4, with the 3 cyl engine. This motor is more than adequate for her driving style.

Started looking for snow tire options and discovered Tirerack has nothing in the wheel department. The Countryman was an All4 with snows, but with no current options, I'll stick with the all season tires for the Clubby. I live in Minnesota, if we get three feet of snow, it's usually plowed out by the morning anyway.

Trying to find out the oil cap. for the 1.5 engine at the moment.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:45 AM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maugre
My wife just traded in her '13 Countryman for a '17 Clubman All4, with the 3 cyl engine. This motor is more than adequate for her driving style.

Started looking for snow tire options and discovered Tirerack has nothing in the wheel department. The Countryman was an All4 with snows, but with no current options, I'll stick with the all season tires for the Clubby. I live in Minnesota, if we get three feet of snow, it's usually plowed out by the morning anyway.

Trying to find out the oil cap. for the 1.5 engine at the moment.

I too was looking for a set of dedicated winters to run this winter in the midwest...

I found out the same - whereas I could not find any Winter Sets at Tirerack or Discount tire.

However, I was fortunate and found on eBay, a set of 16" Victory Spoke Take-Offs for $40 a piece... Just got them and too a New set of 195/60R16 Blizzaks to put on them...

Last edited by TC Mini; 10-15-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Loccusst
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I wish they would put a separate thread for the new clubman as well.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
The current 4-door occupies the space that the older Clubman did in the lineup.

The new Clubman is in a different class of vehicle entirely and is a Clubman in name only.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dealer gave me a clubman Cooper yesterday as a loaner. It was nice, but I missed the power of my F56 s. The one thing that bothered me was the speed warning. My car doesn't have that. Is there a way of turning that feature off?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 AM
DunkM
4th Gear
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucila
The dealer gave me a clubman Cooper yesterday as a loaner. It was nice, but I missed the power of my F56 s. The one thing that bothered me was the speed warning. My car doesn't have that. Is there a way of turning that feature off?
The speed warning is a setting you set for yourself and can be turned off. Your f56 S has it to. I have mine set at 100 mph. But maybe I shouldn't admit that.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:28 PM
riSurf
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Bumping this- maybe we can get an F54 sub.

Unrelated- if anyone is interested in trading their set of 18" Black Star Spoke for my set of 17" Black Net Spoke (48 miles, just picked up), I'd also include in $1000 cash (or $250 than Mini charges).

Old 10-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Tio Barry
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Now that the news is out about the new Countryman it is obvious that model is the CUV version of the Clubman. Same chassis and more. I bet the F54 and F60's will be lumped together on NAM.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Just picked up our new Clubby S All4 this weekend. Lovin' it already. Very entertaining and solid car. Good time to drive a deal -- with MINIUSA lease/financing deals + dealer discounts. These are pricey cars, but there are deals to be had, and, besides, how does one place a monetary value on the unique fun of driving a Mini?

The following users liked this post:
EmedpaDHSc (07-04-2020)
Old 10-30-2016, 03:34 PM
gearhead60
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts
Woohoo new Clubby in the works.....

Just ordered my 17 Clubman ALL4 S in Digital Blue. Build priced out at $36,450 and am paying $31,667 plus tax, prep and tags. Can't wait.......

Old 10-30-2016, 03:39 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gearhead60
Just ordered my 17 Clubman ALL4 S in Digital Blue. Build priced out at $36,450 and am paying $31,667 plus tax, prep and tags. Can't wait.......
You're gonna love it. It's fun to follow the car from order to ship to port of entry to dealer to wrapping your happy little hands around the wheel for the first time.

Looks like you got yourself a solid deal.

Happy motoring.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:45 AM
dscabrio
2nd Gear
Bump for F54 section. Be nice to see more discusson (postive would be nice) on the new Clubman.

Have a R52 S and a R56 with a JCW F54 on order with production date of 11/3.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:59 AM
DunkM
4th Gear
I wish there would be some more positive comments about this generation as well. I just simply don't see how the people consider them more mainstream. And I get compliments all the time in my F56, so does my mom in her F55. My girlfriend wants an F57 and I want to add an F54 JCW to the stable soon. I really love this generation, looks, size and all.

I think sometimes the mixture of European and American view points get confusing though. The VW golf is the standard of small car SIZE for me. And the fact that the MINI clubman is the same size says a lot. Hell my MINI is smaller and weighs less than a fiesta ST. It seems to me there are areas where golf is a giant car.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:37 PM
riSurf
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DunkM
I wish there would be some more positive comments about this generation as well. I just simply don't see how the people consider them more mainstream. And I get compliments all the time in my F56, so does my mom in her F55. My girlfriend wants an F57 and I want to add an F54 JCW to the stable soon. I really love this generation, looks, size and all.

I think sometimes the mixture of European and American view points get confusing though. The VW golf is the standard of small car SIZE for me. And the fact that the MINI clubman is the same size says a lot. Hell my MINI is smaller and weighs less than a fiesta ST. It seems to me there are areas where golf is a giant car.
There is an extra element of "the thing that came before this is better because it's smaller/lighter/more analogue" that pervades the mini (and broader enthusiast) community. This is sensible, given mini's roots and marketing message... but the reality is that Mini needs to grow to be viable and that means appealing to more people (not to mention meet modern crash-test standards). I'm sure the R55 is a fine car, but it's not one I would personally consider... yet, here I am, discussing my F54. For Mini's sake, I hope more people like the F54 than did the R55.

By way of background, my first mini was a 2016 Countryman All4S. It's role was as a second car (primary being a '16 X5M) that we keep at a weekend home where it mostly makes trips to/from the beach, dog park and grocery store. As much as I liked the Countryman, the new Clubman caught my eye immediately. Besides the much improved 'initial' quality (materials, technology, standard features, etc.), I have always been a sucker for the barn doors. I love that I can load up for a beach day with the family, toss surfboards on the roof and load/unload without having to worry about the hatch whacking our boards. Silly, I know, but it's the little things in life.

Thus far, I am pleased. I don't much like the OE 17" wheels, but those are easy enough to change. I'll likely start an F54 Picture thread and include pictures there.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:49 AM
DunkM
4th Gear
Coming from the BMW community, I know all about this. I just wish it would stop. :-(

I specifically purchased a MINI because I was tired of the image BMWs portrayed, and I didn't want to keep working on my own car. I travel a lot and I didn't want to travel all week to spend my weekend working on a car. And the only new BMWs that cater to my car preferences are realistically out of my price range (M cars). So yeah....

I love the first gen Coopers and I hate to see peoples hate of the new one,but the biggest issue I see, is that they are mostly unfounded. Just because my car is bigger, does not make it a boat. It's smaller than any car I have owned, including e30s. And just because my car isn't as raw, doesn't mean it isn't fun. And specifically, at least in the US market, it is still very special. There is nothing in the market at the same price that is of the same interior quality, with the outer looks of a MINI.

EmedpaDHSc (07-04-2020)
Old 11-01-2016, 02:49 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I saw an F series Clubman at my dealership in Scottsdale. Man, it's really nice inside. I'm trying to talk my wife into one down the road. Yeah, it's bigger than my car. Might handle a little looser, but my car is not like most Minis, even other R series cars. It rides a little harsh. I bet I'd love a new Clubman.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Here's our new Burgundy/Liquid Silver 2017 All4 S with Gray Lounge Leather, Sunroof and 17" black rims with the dreaded run flats. Love the adaptive suspension! So far, so smooth. Getting the hang of Mini Connected. Missing a touch screen, but learning the touch pad and figuring out how to program the presets. Voice commands work great, and the bluetooth is a snap to link to an Iphone.

The smoothness and quiet of the ride for a car of this size is impressive, even with the runflats. And acceleration/cornering, while not as zippy as a coupe, is surprisingly crisp and satisfying. I like driving this car MORE than the 2012 Jag XK I had for two years. Seriously!

EmedpaDHSc (07-04-2020)
Old 11-02-2016, 08:21 PM
dscabrio
2nd Gear
Nice!

Old 11-03-2016, 11:29 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by riSurf
There is an extra element of "the thing that came before this is better because it's smaller/lighter/more analogue" that pervades the mini (and broader enthusiast) community. This is sensible, given mini's roots and marketing message... but the reality is that Mini needs to grow to be viable and that means appealing to more people (not to mention meet modern crash-test standards). I'm sure the R55 is a fine car, but it's not one I would personally consider... yet, here I am, discussing my F54. For Mini's sake, I hope more people like the F54 than did the R55.
Well said!

Old 11-03-2016, 03:31 PM
gearhead60
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts
F54 Envy

My F54 ALL4 is being built right now! Estimated production date 11-10-16. Looking forward to my Mini experience. Coming from 99 Civic Si coupe that has outlived it's functionality.....

Old 11-03-2016, 03:37 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gearhead60
My F54 ALL4 is being built right now! Estimated production date 11-10-16. Looking forward to my Mini experience. Coming from 99 Civic Si coupe that has outlived it's functionality.....
Congratulations on your new Clubby!! You can follow the process from the dock in Southampton to the US port of entry. It's fun to watch the ship's progress and the excitement builds as the delivery date draws nearer. In some instances one can even track the transporter from the vehicle processing center to the dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F54 No Clubman Talk Here Yet?