F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 F54: MINI Clubman Technical Training Docs

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 06:19 AM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F54: MINI Clubman Technical Training Docs

I came across this on bimmerfest.com, for the new 2016 F48 BMW X1 that shares the same engine as ours: the B46.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=889872

Look at the 9 PDF attachments put out for the new X1. There is so much information in these, and put together so nicely and with so much detail...

Has BMW/MINI put something out like this for our new F54 Clubmans? If so, I absolutely would love to have a copy!

So, where is our equivalent F54 MINI Clubman Technical Training Docs Please point me in the right direction and/or provide a link.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Camyman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MINI is much more tight lipped about these things. I don't know why. As an employee, I had to throw a fit to BMW AG to the person who actually designed the Connected XL System to have him explain how to update my navigation maps (was supposed to be updated before my delivery and it didn't get done)

The closest thing you will get are Boots, Bonnets and Wings videos. To my knowledge they are only accessible to internal employees. They aren't super technical like the BMW guys but its about the only thing the world can get.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:47 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TC Mini
So, where is our equivalent F54 MINI Clubman Technical Training Docs Please point me in the right direction and/or provide a link.
You can find such things via MiniTechInfo. There's a charge, but it's a great way to get access to info about your car normally only the dealer has access to.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:30 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
BMW did not release these publicly - These are meant for internal training and someone from inside BMW leaked these (the 2nd page says as much; "The information contained in this document forms an integral part of the technical training of the
BMW Group and is intended for the trainer and participants in the seminar") It's not that MINI is more tight lipped - these were never meant to be released to the public in the first place.

MINI of course does also have technical training documents as well, but because they are much smaller, it's probably easier to get noticed and someone can lose their job. That being said, I have seen a few floating around the internet for the F56.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:34 PM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
BMW did not release these publicly - These are meant for internal training and someone from inside BMW leaked these (the 2nd page says as much; "The information contained in this document forms an integral part of the technical training of the BMW Group and is intended for the trainer and participants in the seminar") It's not that MINI is more tight lipped - these were never meant to be released to the public in the first place. MINI of course does also have technical training documents as well, but because they are much smaller, it's probably easier to get noticed and someone can lose their job. That being said, I have seen a few floating around the internet for the F56.
That too bad, the equivalent I saw for the X1 looked like good info. Guess I'll have to consider paying for the site that "handn" referred to above, if I decide to delve further. Thanks for the...