North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F54 :: Clubman Stock Problems/Issues (2015+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-stock-problems-issues-2015-449/)
-   -   F54 "suspension" noise at low speeds (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f54-clubman-stock-problems-issues-2015/333033-suspension-noise-at-low-speeds.html)

mrluckypa 11-02-2018 12:41 PM

"suspension" noise at low speeds

I have been hearing a "crunching" noise at low speeds on my 17 F54. Brought it into the dealer and was diagnosed with control arm issues. Replaced under warranty. Noises are still there, Car went back in for service (oil change) now they hear it, but have no idea where it is coming from other than saying that it might have something to do with my non runflats. I seriously doubt it. Anybody have an idea?

ssean72 11-03-2018 01:18 PM

I had the same thing on my wife’s car last year and the did the same thing, changed changed struts, control arms, picked it up and was still there, took them to actually listen to me and change the upper mounts.... bing sound went away, but now sound is back and no more Warrenty. I had a Hell if a time with the one of the Mini dealer here, took them 2 weeks to get it right and numerous 2 1/2 hour drives to the dealer!

Minnie.the.Moocher 11-03-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ssean72 (Post 4430138)
I had the same thing on my wife’s car last year and the did the same thing, changed changed struts, control arms, picked it up and was still there, took them to actually listen to me and change the upper mounts.... bing sound went away, but now sound is back and no more Warrenty. I had a Hell if a time with the one of the Mini dealer here, took them 2 weeks to get it right and numerous 2 1/2 hour drives to the dealer!

I don't know about the labor portion, but MINI parts are guaranteed for two years unlimited miles. So you can go back to them.

ssean72 11-03-2018 04:54 PM

Not worth the drive, I will just fix it myself once I get around to it

detours 12-12-2018 11:37 PM

Creaking over speed bumps

I just bought a 2016 Clubman S two weeks ago. I'm hearing a creaking noise from the front end every time I go over speed bumps and sometimes in road dips. Otherwise, no noise at all. Doesn't matter if the wheels are straight or turned.

I'm only going 5-10 mph but it sounds awful. Reminds me of a bad CV joint on an SUV I used to have, except the wheels had to be turned on that one.

I have an appointment with the dealer next week.

detours 01-19-2019 02:29 AM

No creak, no leak

I finally got the clubbie in and it's all fixed now. The control arm bushings were bad. After replacing both control arms, the noise is gone. Seems early to fail at 20,000 miles though. Hope this set lasts longer.

The tech also replaced a leaky o-ring on the intercooler and updated the ECU software to fix a CEL I was getting intermittently.

2017All4 01-19-2019 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by detours (Post 4445080)
I finally got the clubbie in and it's all fixed now. The control arm bushings were bad. After replacing both control arms, the noise is gone. Seems early to fail at 20,000 miles though. Hope this set lasts longer.

The tech also replaced a leaky o-ring on the intercooler and updated the ECU software to fix a CEL I was getting intermittently.

Make SURE they did an alignment as well.

detours 01-20-2019 01:09 AM

Yeah, they said they did. I don't feel it pulling, but if it starts chewing tires, I'll be hopping mad.