European MINIs European MINIs may look similar but there are some interesting differences. Learn more here!

None Turbo to Turbo Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
addrock29
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None Turbo to Turbo Conversion

I have a 2009 Non-Turbo Hatchback and wanted to convert it to a Turbo Hatchback. I found a 2008 Cooper S at a junk yard and pulled off the Turbo and Header, Intercooler and intake manifold, a small coolant pump and an adapter plate where the oil and coolant go into the engine block. I figured I still need injectors, and possibly the fuel pump and probably a bunch of little things. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has done this before and what I will need to get it running right.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:28 AM
SuN13300
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by addrock29
I have a 2009 Non-Turbo Hatchback and wanted to convert it to a Turbo Hatchback. I found a 2008 Cooper S at a junk yard and pulled off the Turbo and Header, Intercooler and intake manifold, a small coolant pump and an adapter plate where the oil and coolant go into the engine block. I figured I still need injectors, and possibly the fuel pump and probably a bunch of little things. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has done this before and what I will need to get it running right.
If I were you, I would take the complete engine + DME from the MCS in the junkyard.

Lot of internals are different between NA and Turbo. Starting with compression ratio (pistons, cylinderhead...etc)