Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Palo Uber 'PATENT INFRINGEMENT'?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:29 AM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LynnEl
Just in case you didn't get what I am saying above, if some one wants to pay $500 for a fake Rolex that is actually a Seiko, that's great. But the seller shouldn't claim it IS a Rolex. Seiko's are great, and they are worth $100. But don't paste a Rolex badge on one and tell me it's a Rolex.
it's more like a Seiko rebadged with a brand name the seller wants us to believe is without equal. Not quite a 'fake', but embellished brand cache. If you choose to believe it, well, that's on you (the buyer).

Old 04-01-2007, 08:17 AM
SpunkytheTuna
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now it can be told...

I've been wanting to write this for some time, but I've had to wait for the right time. Using Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, and a half dozen other search engines I've searched for Palo Uber.

With no result.

But Palo Uber is real. He really exists. I've met him.

I was using entirely the wrong technology to find him.

Turns out that all I needed was a therapist, some electroshock, and antidepressants, and a stool.

Whooodathunkit?

Yes. I met Palo Uber.

Not born of an archtect father. Nor an artist mother. Born in New Jersey, in fact. Deeply traumatized at the age of six after seeing the ritual murder of four swans, a sparrow, a hedgehog, and a large pile of persimmons by black robed Anarchists, his psyche apparently fractured. Shattered like a mirror.

And as it reintegrated, Palo was born. Unknown to me. Palo is my other side; my evil twin if you will. But never known to me.

For years I'd have these odd losses of time, total blackouts. I thougth it had to do with my drinking, my drug use, my inopportune flashes of unthinking violence. I would wake up in strange cities, dressed in odd clothing, inexplicable stains on my skin, knuckles skinned, occasionally with fractures I had no memory of having.

Palo.

The bastard. To get to the point, my blackouts I now know are the result of Palo surfacing and forcing the other me, me, into the darkness. Making his sad, tackily derivative paintings with they "Oh, I'm So Cute" titles. Pretending to design everything from car wheels to wings to lug nuts. Not an original idea in the pile, I'm afraid, and all my fault.

Sort of.

But thanks to some breakthroughs I've had recently after some electroconvulsive therapy, the persistence of my therapist, and some truly mind-numbing antidepressives (SSRIs, if you must know) I'm now in touch with Palo and my own personal history, and responsibility that I must bear.

I'm sorry.

Truly I am.

But now the truth can finally be told.

I am Palo Uber.

or not....

check the date...

Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 AM
muidaq
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ImagoX
... smiles at the Google hits that will now come up from "Paulo Uber AND herpes AND dandlions"...
No hits yet. D'oh! I'm off topic...oops.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
it's more like a Seiko rebadged with a brand name the seller wants us to believe is without equal. Not quite a 'fake', but embellished brand cache. If you choose to believe it, well, that's on you (the buyer).
True, but PU is trying to act as if it is the Rolex of MINIdom

Last edited by Loony2N; 04-01-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-01-2007, 10:43 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by SpunkytheTuna
I am Palo Uber.
You are not Palo Uber. I've met Palo Uber.

It was in the parking lot of a now defunct K-Mart. He complained about the parking and then climbed into his SUV in the handicapped zone.

Or was that you?

Old 04-01-2007, 10:57 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
has anyone ever heard the expression "there is no such thing as bad publicity"?

a 4 page attack on Palo Uber keeps the Palo name on the boards...good or bad, you people that are Palo bashers are doin nothing but, helping their cause.

spare me your reply. who effin cares?

oh, another thought is...its common-place in business to take an product from company "A" and put your companies name on it. unfortunatly, the consumer pays more for the same product but, thats how it goes. only an educated consumer will see it coming. so what if the entire Palo line are "rip offs" no need to bag on them for producing an image for themselves and being able to make a buck off it. not only are you buying the Palo product you are buying a piece of the Palo image (whatever that is) and besides...arent they based out of LA? land of the fake *** people? its very fitting if you ask me.

side note: i own nothin Palo Uber and have no intentions to buy anything from them. fyi.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:33 AM
ca$per
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DOPAMINE

a 4 page attack on Palo Uber keeps the Palo name on the boards...good or bad, you people that are Palo bashers are doin nothing but, helping their cause.

oh, another thought is...its common-place in business to take an product from company "A" and put your companies name on it. unfortunatly, the consumer pays more for the same product but, thats how it goes. only an educated consumer will see it coming. so what if the entire Palo line are "rip offs" no need to bag on them for producing an image for themselves and being able to make a buck off it. not only are you buying the Palo product you are buying a piece of the Palo image (whatever that is) and besides...arent they based out of LA? land of the fake *** people? its very fitting if you ask me.

side note: i own nothin Palo Uber and have no intentions to buy anything from them. fyi.
Again, please read the full content before you post. You are missing the whole point and I suggest you read post number 63 to see the meaning of this thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&postcount=63

Regards

Old 04-01-2007, 12:06 PM
chipgrafx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ca$per
Again, please read the full content before you post. You are missing the whole point and I suggest you read post number 63 to see the meaning of this thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&postcount=63

Regards
As the one that started this thread I must say that while I don't disagree with much of what is being said here I think almost everyone has missed the point of this thread. This was NOT supposed to be a thread about bashing or otherwise giving any sort of opinion on Palo Uber, this was NOT supposed to be about defending or supporting them, 'their' artwork or their products by anyone other than Palo Uber.

I was asking for more information about the so called 'patent infringement' that they mentioned in a vendor announcement. To see the real meaning for this thread, please go back and read post number 1.

I'm not defending Palo Uber and as I stated, I don't disagree with much of what is said here but please, don't misinform people about this thread.

Originally Posted by chipgrafx
Everyone Else:
Don't come in here yelling and screaming about I don't know squat or have I ever dealt with them, etc. because that has no bearing on my questions or this thread. My opinions and thoughts about this company are not what is being discussed here. I am simply asking for more information, that is all. I am almost certain there will be some bashing or trash talking or whatever you want to call it (though I hope there is not) but it won't be by me. I would just like my questions answered.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:17 PM
ca$per
6th Gear
True... very true. I think I got mixed up with the different threads but we all wanted to see answers or clarifications, to be honest, from PU side on different things, but there is nothing yet....

My bad... and yeah, good luck with the answers you wanted

As the one that started this thread I must say that while I don't disagree with much of what is being said here I think almost everyone has missed the point of this thread. This was NOT supposed to be a thread about bashing or otherwise giving any sort of opinion on Palo Uber, this was NOT supposed to be about defending or supporting them, 'their' artwork or their products by anyone other than Palo Uber.

I was asking for more information about the so called 'patent infringement' that they mentioned in a vendor announcement. To see the real meaning for this thread, please go back and read post number 1.

I'm not defending Palo Uber and as I stated, I don't disagree with much of what is said here but please, don't misinform people about this thread.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DOPAMINE

and don't say something to us and tell us not to reply. If you don't care, then shut up. Oh, you don't like that? Well, neither do we. Yes, read the damn posts so you at least know what you are talking about first!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
If you don't care, then shut up. Oh, you don't like that? Well, neither do we. Yes, read the damn posts so you at least know what you are talking about first!
Has NAM become USENET?

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/guidelines ... respect.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I suspect you already know this, but we're probably never going to see any more information about this "patent infringement" case.

This is one of the funniest/most-frustrating things about Palo Uber. Their credibility is already in the toilet, and then they proceed to make claims that would be trivial to prove, but they never follow up.

As for the whole "patent infringement" litigation that they claim to be involved in, how hard would it be for them to simply post their patent number for the Light Bar?

I think everyone here would be a lot more likely to believe that PU is actually suing some unnamed company for infringing on their patent if we thought for a minute that PU actually *held* the patent on the light bar (or anything else they sell).

Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear

I'm with ya here buddy. I'm extremely interested in how this all pans out. There have been threads dedicated to the other things presented in this one before, so lets keep those there, lets keep the topic at hand, and it's details in this one.

Mike

Old 04-01-2007, 08:03 PM
chipgrafx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott
I suspect you already know this, but we're probably never going to see any more information about this "patent infringement" case.

This is one of the funniest/most-frustrating things about Palo Uber. Their credibility is already in the toilet, and then they proceed to make claims that would be trivial to prove, but they never follow up.

As for the whole "patent infringement" litigation that they claim to be involved in, how hard would it be for them to simply post their patent number for the Light Bar?

I think everyone here would be a lot more likely to believe that PU is actually suing some unnamed company for infringing on their patent if we thought for a minute that PU actually *held* the patent on the light bar (or anything else they sell).
Oh yes, I am well aware that I will most likely never get a response from anyone at Palo Uber in regards to this 'patent infringement' but one would think, at the very least, they would want to clear the air about legal actions. And like you said, all they would need to do is post the patent number, that would at least answer some questions.

And as far as my first question... Who is DTR?

I did find out the following:
  • DTR's profile
  • He/she has made 4 posts since July 10, 2006, with the last one being on March 3, 2007, just 10 days before the vendor announcement mentioning the name.
  • All the posts made by DTR have been regarding radio issues and they were in the 2 threads started by the same DTR. Not once has this person posted in a Palo Uber thread.
  • DTR hasn't logged on to NAM since March 4, 2007.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
bostoncooper
2nd Gear
There is such a thing as "bad publicity".

You want proof? I myself have not been a member of this forum for more than a couple of months. I have read all of the posts about Palo Uber and would never, ever think of buying a product from them. I would also tell other Mini owners to beware of this company.

If that is not bad publicity, than what is? There is no positive side to this.

If you think this is good publicity Dopamine, I sure hope that you don't work in a PR or Marketing department. If you do, your company is going to suffer greatly from your philosophy. You must have a short circuit in your neurotransmitters.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:20 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Anyone else notice the dig at MC2 in their adds? The UBER WING appears in the most current issue of New Mini Magazine (the real Mini Cooper publication for the real enthusiast) .

Kinda lame......

Old 04-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Rogue Cooper
3rd Gear
Old 04-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Why do you guys not give any credit to Palo Uber and the products they have to offer?

For instance; the lightbar, the small lip wing, the 14x1.25 lug nuts? All are great products..

Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 AM
PGT
Banned

Old 04-02-2007, 06:48 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In Before The Dissapearance?

Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 AM
PGT
Banned
*poof*

Old 04-02-2007, 07:54 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Thread Locked and returned from under review.