North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Electrical (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical-127/)
-   -   Electrical Boot lock (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical/48743-boot-lock.html)

shack01 08-12-2005 04:31 PM

Boot lock

Is the boot locked electrically? Or to be more specific, opened electrically? Disconnected my rear wiper motor as part of another mod and now can't open the boot. :eek:

(Also posted on the drivetrain thread as it had to do with an intercooler mod.)

SRTech 08-12-2005 04:41 PM

Yes, it's electrically operated. There is a manual release under the back seat.

Steve

Eric_Rowland 08-12-2005 04:47 PM

Just tug up on the middle of the back seat and you'll see a small pull ring. Pull it and you're good to go. Be thankful you don't have an early model - they left that feature out at first. :eek2:

shack01 08-12-2005 08:37 PM

Thanks, all. I figured there would be a release, but left it for tomorrow as its about 110 in the garage and locking myself out of the trunk was the last straw. :wink: Back to it tomorrow. Thanks again!

spillman 08-12-2005 09:06 PM

Yeah it's electronic. I have removed my rear wiper also. There is a connector that isnt supposed to be disconnected. I remember having the same problem.

Jdewey 08-16-2005 09:04 AM

trunk lock

Is the trunk lock on the data bus, and switched locally? If so unplugging the data connector to the rear might have turned off both the wiper and the lock.

J. D.

Rally@StanceDesign 08-16-2005 09:17 AM

I have an early model car without the release and i did the same thing.....not fun :roll:

are you guys permanently removing the rear wiper to shave/smooth out the boot? I know of a few people who did that, but i cant find the plug they used to cover the hole. I know its a big mod with the VW crowd, but i dont think their plug will work with ours.

inmimini 08-16-2005 08:15 PM

yes elecronic it is.... i have a laser jamming sensor mounted on top of the rear licence plate. so this makes it impossable to open the trunk with the button above the plate, no room for finger to get to it. so i had the trunk release hooked up to my aftermarket alarm and i can pop it from the remote witch is very nice!!

1FSTMINI 08-16-2005 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by RallyMINI
I have an early model ...car without the release and i did the same thing.....not fun :roll:

are you guys permanently removing the rear wiper to shave/smooth out the boot? I know of a few people who did that, but i cant find the plug they used to cover the hole. I know its a big mod with the VW crowd, but i dont think their plug will w...ork with ours.

My friend did it.......if i remember , ill ask him what plug he used....looks good.i think he said he used a GM lighter socket plug for people who dont want the lighter element or something like that