Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Carly App coding

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Cab00se
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Carly App coding

I picked up a Carly reader and the pro version of their app to hopefully simplify my coding experiences. I'm not a stranger to computers and messing with ECU's but I prefer a simpler experience, I don't need to tweak everything but there were some changes I'd like to make. First run through on the app it worked pretty well, I found out that unfortunately my FRM is apparently an older unit and seems to have an issue in the boot sector so it may not start back up if it ever resets so needless to say I'm not going to be changing anything in there.

But one of the changes I did want to make was the door locks, I was able to set it so they lock automatically after I start moving but the feature to unlock when the key is removed is not working. I did enable it but it doesn't seem to have worked. Is there another setting I'm missing somewhere or could it just be as simple as flipping it back off then on again?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Cab00se
3rd Gear
Update: It looks like it is working now, but it will only auto unlock doors that were auto locked. If you use the door lock switch in the console or the fob to lock the doors the car will not auto unlock them with ignition off. Found out this morning when it auto unlocked the driver door only.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:16 AM
LostbutFound
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Which model of Mini do you have?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:52 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Originally Posted by Cab00se
Update: It looks like it is working now, but it will only auto unlock doors that were auto locked. If you use the door lock switch in the console or the fob to lock the doors the car will not auto unlock them with ignition off. Found out this morning when it auto unlocked the driver door only.
My 2012 Clubman acts the same way. If I use the switch to lock the doors, they won't auto-unlock. I'm fine with that, because then I don't have to think about it.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Cab00se
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LostbutFound
Which model of Mini do you have?
It's an R56, 2011 MCS

Old 04-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Voltematron
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just wanted to bump this for anyone interested. I but the bullet and ordered one from Amazon after a lot of research, I was 50/50 on it really, even as far as the yearly fee.

Anyway my number one gripe with my R61 has been the system nags. I switched to LED bulbs in my car and would constantly get light alerts throughout a drive, as well as the usual seatbelt gongs which would get annoying depending on my passenger. All alerts disabled, no more music interruption lol

I've also set window and mirror folding controls from the fob and adjusted what lights turn on when I hit unlock. The app has alot of other cool features I'm still checking out. I plan on testing it out on my mom's Coupé and my brother's 3 series as well.

So far so good guys