Electrical Adding power fold side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:15 PM
extranrg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding power fold side mirrors

I took delivery of one of the last 2016 Countryman JCWs my dealer could find. It has everything I wanted except the flat load floor, interior dimming mirror with Homelink, and the autofold exterior mirrors. Flat load floor is done, and I will finish the interior mirror this week. The exteriors are another story.

I saw Heiker's post from a few years ago, and clearly it is possible. I have sourced the parts, including the door console switch. However, he doesn't post any information about the wiring harness, and PMs aren't being answered. Does anyone have any information on how I would wire these and the new switch into the existing car wiring? I understand the coding part, but I am unclear on where to start with the wiring diagram.

Thank you for the help!

Old 02-18-2017, 10:45 PM
joylove
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Try the r56 schematic. You need java and abobe SVG viewer. Use I.E.

http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/r.../r56/index.htm

Old 02-19-2017, 06:50 PM
extranrg
1st Gear
I tried IE, even downloaded whatever Java update is required, but I will can't get the site to work. It appears that something should show up on the left hand side, but I get a blank screen. Can you take a screen shot of what I should be seeing?

Thank you.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 PM
joylove
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
On the left the first thing you should see is the java loading circle. If you don't see it, go to the java control panel in Control Panel and explicitly add the site in the trusted sites.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:34 PM
extranrg
1st Gear
Added the site to the exceptions panel and still receive a Java load error. Clearly this just isn't meant to be...