Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical The Foot Well Module: functions, problems, solutions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 09:14 AM
RoadTripMachine
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RainRainGoAway
I highly suspect that I have an issue with a footwell control module ground/earth. I've tried to figure out where/what/how, but even with a Chilton's repair manual with wiring diagrams I haven't be able to figure it. Anyone have an idea that might help me out?
It's worth spending the money on the Bentley manual for these cars. It's only available in hardcover (as opposed to .PDF) and it's typically around $150 on amazon - but it's worth it. It's the size of a college text book and is the best resource you'll find for working on these cars. It's good enough that I can appreciate why they haven't resorted to (easily pirated) digital versions.

What problems are you having that seem like the FRM?

Old 02-04-2024, 09:26 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadTripMachine
- Thank you for your input. I'm just not getting back to working on this.
- Installed ISTAP and currently reading up on it before connecting to the car. Any pointers for keeping ISTAP contained?
- My head unit is already bugging out and my amp makes noise when it's off - so it'll all get replaced soon regardless. Seems a good time to learn to run ISTAP without too much risk - so it'll be safer to run when I get the next mini.
- Running the kdcan cable as well, but the impression I get is that the ICOM helps act as a buffer for slower PC's similar to the hardware controllers I use for CNC equipment - where older PC's could easily be interrupted by multitasking or running out of cache memory.
For istap, once the tree is populated after calculating the test plan, you could right click on the module that you don't want to mess with and remove it from the plan. The issue with istap is that it lakes time to load and them more time to excute. Winkfp is the friendlier version of istap. You hand pick the module and your good to go. Then, use ncs expert to code that module.

The following users liked this post:
RoadTripMachine (02-04-2024)