Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Empty Fuse - ie Seat Heater Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
SODA66
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Empty Fuse - ie Seat Heater Fuse

First I purchase a set of Blinglights that have the fog and angel eyes.

I initially thought I could just hook the angle eye wires from the fog light/angeleye light to the DRLs wires in the car to power the angel eyes, but the angel eyes did not work. So what I did was take the wiring harness that came with the lights and instead of hooking the main power to the fuse box, I splice it into the wires that ran the DRLs lights and now I have Angel eye lights that come on the same as how the the DRLs. I now have the dreaded light out indicator.

Now I have to run a separate wiring for the fogs lights.
I am looking to hook up my fogs lights (car did not come with Fogs) and need to find a power source. I would rather hook it to a fused source vs the battery so when I turn the ignition off the fog lights will go off. I notice that the fuse box on the passenger side has a fuse for heated seats which my car does not have. Do you think there is power to this empty fuse so I can run my fog light wire too it?

It would have been great to use the single wiring harness that came with the bling lights but I could not figure out how to do this and still make the angel eyes my SRLs.

Any suggestions will help. I am a novice at this electrical stuff.

Also, if there are any STL club members who are experts at this let me know since I am a club member.

thks

thks.