Electrical Help with aeroforce analog gauge/sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 10:42 PM
pollito
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help with aeroforce analog gauge/sensor wiring

Hi all,

I’ve had fun getting my hands dirty working on my mini these past four years, but I feel overwhelmed by the electrical side of things bc I’m a total noob and have a lot to learn about electrical stuff. I was hoping anyone who has the aeroforce analog gauge can help or anyone who understands the instructions for that matter. I’d really appreciate it.

For the first three photos(first photo is the diagram for their temp sensor and third photo is the general gauge instructions):

1. The black 8 pin connector has its corresponding 8 wires, two for each sensor you’ll be running if I’m understanding correctly. What + and - and minus means here I’m not sure about. If you look at the diagram for temp sensor re: the wire that “connects to the analog input of gauge”, are they saying I should join that one wire from the sensor to two wires from the gauge??For example; the wires from the gauge that correspond to pin 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, or 7/8?

2. This is even sadder lol, but how exactly does the green connector B portion get used, physically? I understand it’s purpose from the diagram re: power and ground, but I’m stuck on the actual structure of it. Is that top part removable? I can’t get to the black 8 pin otherwise but I’m afraid of forcing the green part off. Part of it has some play so I’m wondering if it pops off.

3. Onto the 4th pic, which are the instructions for the wideband, if you look at 4a and 4b, they want the user to connect each wire to a 12v source. I plan on using the add a circuit method off the fusebox. Is there any reason why these two, and more for that matter if I have more sensors in the future, can’t be crimped together and work off one 12v source? I’ve read that gauges use very little power so I figured maybe this is possible. But you’d still run a low 2-3 amp fuse with it? It seems like a lot of add-a-circuits if I’m running several sensors and I’d like to consolidate if possible.

4. id like to have all grounds together, which I believe it says somewhere is ideal. Under the steering column there are some areas where I think they could all sit under a bolt if that works as ground. Will try to take a photo tomorrow.

For the analog output harness, I’m confused about the black wire. They say I don’t have to connect to ground, but why do they refer to it as ground then? What happens if I do it include it as part of the ground cluster.

The brown wire poses the same question as the single wire in the temp sensor diagram and whether that’s wiring to both wires that correspond to either pin 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, or 7/8.

The green wire has to do with simulating narrowband. It says to “Connect to the
appropriate wire on factory 02 harness to prevent check engine light if this sensor
has replaced a factory sensor.“ How do I go about finding which is the appropriate wire in the o2 harness and am I supposed to just splice into it?

Hopefully I have the right idea. Feeling pretty annoyed with myself that this doesn’t come a little easier for me. Thanks for any help.