4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Subcribe to this one to keep up on topic

Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 AM
SeveNx7
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Koopah
After spending a number of hours playing with FRM module settings, I finally got the DRLs to light only the city lights! This process was aided by a post by strobey-probey in a thread about city lights as DRLs on Canadian R60s. Please note the specifics below:

Enviromental:
MINI: USA 2012 CMS (Canadian R60s will need to have their VO changed to reflect a USA version - thanks strobey-probey!)
Build Date: Nov 7, 2011
Headlamps: Xenon
Datens: V46. Those with newer datens should be ok as the settings listed below should be present in your FRM module's FSW_PSW.TRC file. I'm not sure whether these settings will be the same in pre-V46 datens, but most likely so.
Misc: Must have working cable and (preferably) NCSExpert programming experience. These instructions assume that you know how to successfully code your R60 with NCSExpert.

Requirements/suggestions before beginning:
1. The DRL option should be activated in the BC;
2. The headlamp setting should be set to "off" for programming, but then you can set it to "Auto" afterwards;
3. Fully read this post before beginning;
4. Plan and document your work (OCD Club Members Unite!).
5. Post if this works for you!

FRM Settings:
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R drl_s // This setting turns-off the low beam headlamps.
Note: after this setting was made, wheel arch lights, rear taillights and license plate light were still on.

DRL_TFL_MIT_KZL nicht_aktiv // This setting turns-off the license plate lights.
Note: after this setting was made, license plate lights were turned-off but taillights were still on. In fact, the lower taillight in each lens glowed brightly at brake light intensity, the upper taillights were at normal intensity, however. Odd.

DRL_TFL_MIT_SL_1 nicht_aktiv // These settings turned-off the left and right wheel arch lights and
DRL_TFL_MIT_SL_2 nicht_aktiv // lower taillights.
Note: After this setting was made, the upper taillights were still on. According to NCSDummy, the "SL" means "standing lights", so the bright lower taillights may be in standing light mode.

DRL_TFL_MIT_BL nicht_aktiv // This setting turned-off the the upper taillights.

And, finally…

DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R aktiv // This setting turned-on the city lights!

Other stuff:
- I made these changes one-by-one. After each change, I exited NCSExpert and turned-off the R60. Then I turned the R60 back on and checked the status of the lights to make sure that the desired effect had been achieved. I suspect that all these edits could be made and programmed in one step, but I thought that I'd just let you know the way in which I did them.

- I never had to touch the companion settings in the CAS module.

- Today I tested the function of the lights in "Auto" mode as they switched between DRL illumination and night illumination. Perfect!

Have fun...
Does anyone have any hints for DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R? I made that change to activ and says the coding job completed but its the only change that does not stick, The low beams went off and all the bulb checks are off now, but for some reason, the city lights (which I believe are the light above the fogs) keep reverting to not active. Anyone have the same issue? (They were on before when the low beams were on!)

Old 05-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Marquette MINI
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Problems with the Google Drive?

Has anyone had problems downloading the Coding Pack from the Google Drive? I just tried to access this from the original post, and when I click on the link to the Google Drive, it takes me to the "Mini Countryman R60 Coding.zip" folder. When I click the download arrow in the upper right corner, it churns for a few minutes, and then times out with the error message:

This page isn’t working
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 409

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10, direct connected to my modem through an ethernet cable. I've reloaded it several times, tried shutting down my browser, and rebooting the computer with no luck. Is the problem only on my end, or does it not work for others?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:49 AM
mikey_t
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
I would guess that since the original post by Theta was done back in 2011 and he hasn't been seen here for a long time now, that the link no longer works...

Old 05-17-2018, 10:34 AM
Marquette MINI
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hmmm, Ok thanks. Does anyone still have the set-up and coding tools from that original package? Or know where I can find them?

This thread is still somewhat active, so I assume people are still doing the coding using these utilities... Or are there other methods to enable these features? I am trying to enable one-touch sunroof opening/closing.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:52 AM
scf
5th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Anybody else get errors when trying to unzip the datens?

Old 09-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Tonyk
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I’d pop in and say keep up the good work. I’ve used the advice on here to code global close, folding mirrors with the fob, and changed Mini Connected to work with an iPhone lead (rather than the expensive Y cable). Next is to code a friends Mini for audible confirmation alarm beeps.

Thanks to all!

Old 09-23-2018, 09:38 AM
nomar116
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As memory serves, this is the most active MINI coding forum here on NAM. So I'll leave this here in case anyone can help...

I am coding for an R52 2006 MINI Cabrio. All I need to work right now is the ability to reset adaptations. I have read this needs to be done in INPA. I don't see anywhere where NCSExpert can be used to reset these adaptations. I've tried EVERYTHING I can to find current downloads of the BMW Diag tools that includes the R50 (or R56 for that matter) in INPA.

The current version I have seems to be awesome, works on Windows 10, but only BMW's show up on the INPA homescreen. It includes the R50 and R56.ENG files that should be needed for INPA. However, when I edit the INPA. INI file I can't get the change to reflect on the INPA home screen. It's like its running some kind of script to overwrite my changes or something. The only change that affected INPA was to completely delete the text inside the INPA.INI file and that succeeded in having INPA boot up with no options.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:48 PM
sonosam
1st Gear
My turn signals on my 2012 (11/11 build date) R60 do not auto cancel. Looking through the FRM module and I find the below values:

LENKWINKEL_UEBERSCHREITEN
wert_01

LENKWINKEL_UNTERSCHREITEN
wert_01

According to NCSDummy, the top value is Steering angle to exceed before turn signal switch-off in opposite direction is armed and wert_01 is set to 30.1*. The bottom value is steering angle in opposite direction before turn signal is switched off and wert_01 is set to 24.85*. I know for a fact that I have surpassed these angles while doing a u-turn and the turn signal continues to blink until I manually stop it. Does anyone have any advice on correcting this? Otherwise I will continue to not use my turn signals unless changing lanes.

Last edited by sonosam; 11-04-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 11-05-2018, 03:31 AM
Burak Kelleci
Neutral
Anybody halp me pls

Hello

I am a new bee,
I coded my 2011 r60 All4 S.
Disable Bulb Checks and Close Windows & Sunroof w/ Lock on Keyfob. successfully
But i didn't remember , i think I changed SHD modul, I was very confused.
now sunroof not working.and error on display :(
What can i do?
Anybody help me pls ?

Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 AM
Burak Kelleci
Neutral
can you solved this problem ?

Originally Posted by cwileyrrt
So successfully changed a few things on my first try.

I first got the keyfob to close all windows with the locking button.

Also, I thought I disabled the door dong but it seems to still happen although I'm wondering if it's warning me about the key being in still?

Tried to do the one touch sunroof. It opens and vents ok with the one-touch, but now when I close it, it stops in increments and I have to repush the button repeatedly until it closes completly. I then went and put the original file back in to try and fix it, but it's still doing the same thing.

Wondering if this error has to due with the stopping problem. I believe this started after changing the module for the keydong with open door.

fix it?

Old 11-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Bradly Karr
Neutral
Update on google doc files?

Hello, I know this post was from a few years ago but I was wondering if there are new Google Docs links that will work today as I have tried and google says those files do not exist anymore

Old 11-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Bradly Karr
Neutral
I have a similar issue but the link just says its not there anymore, no download option or anything, just a blank page with google error

Old 05-20-2019, 01:54 PM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Definitely need to catch up with some of this stuff.. Been wanting the "windows up when holding down the button" thingy for a while.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:55 AM
miklam
Neutral
hi, is possible to restore link please?
Thanks

Old 07-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Scudder44
4th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts
I just bought the software and instructions and it works seamlessly, saved me days finding files and how to load. Ncs-expert.com

Old 07-08-2019, 08:22 AM
miklam
Neutral
where you buy?

Old 07-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Scudder44
4th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by miklam
where you buy?
Ncs-expert.com is a website

Old 08-13-2019, 06:26 PM
geekd4d
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Adding onto this as I have a dead tpms Module (from what I can tell anyways) and I was successfully able to kill off the warning and warning lights. (TPMS Inactive and couldn't reset it. All wheel sensors replaced)

Disable TPMS in Kombi:

RDC_VERBAUT
nicht_aktiv

RDC_DISP_SWITCH
nicht_aktiv

RDC_ALIVE
nicht_aktiv

Make sure you set the time afterwards. Took me half an hour of re-checking code, reflashing backups etc to try and get ride of the triangle exclamation mark in the tach.. once I realized the time was blank and set that: all better.

First 10 minutes with ncs and I was able to find that.. I love this tool!

Old 08-25-2019, 11:26 PM
OSilvera
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Folks,
Been scanning this thread for a few hours now, Amazing info and it's great to see how technology has simplified this in the last 8 years of R60's.Does any member in the South Florida area have a Carly OBD2 module and the app? I figure since I only want to get a few things done, maybe instead of buying the parts and only using them this one time I can buy someone a great lunch and get it done....Or Lunch and some $. Looking to get the following things coded.

1.Lock button on FOB to have the windows and sunroof close.
2. Rain Sensor closes sunroof when detects rain.
3.Power side mirrors close when doors locked and open when doors unlocked
4.enable weather band radio ( I might already have this)
5.Honk the horn when the doors are locked.
Please let me know. I'm in Miramar, FL

I have a 2016 CMS loaded, Non JCW, and Non All 4. But Factory Nav and Rear Parking sensors, Seat heaters, all leather, LED fog and Xenon HID lights.

Last edited by OSilvera; 08-26-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Jeremy A Gruver
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this! Thank you! So many neat things I need to try!

Old 01-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Dragonzsoul
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Using Bimmercode to try coding fog lights to turn on when I unlock the car, but it's not working. Has anyone else had this issue?

Old 06-06-2020, 05:36 PM
Lindsay Carter
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragonzsoul
Using Bimmercode to try coding fog lights to turn on when I unlock the car, but it's not working. Has anyone else had this issue?
No, that worked for me. However, I can't get the fog light check to turn off. So it will flicker upon start up, even with the setting off. I guess they aren't all encompassing codes for all r60's.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Dragonzsoul
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Lindsay Carter
No, that worked for me. However, I can't get the fog light check to turn off. So it will flicker upon start up, even with the setting off. I guess they aren't all encompassing codes for all r60's.
What year is your car?

Old 06-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Lindsay Carter
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
06/2013 r60 jcw. Can't get the stupid selective locking to work either. I hate having to hit the button twice lol

Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide