Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:42 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9g...it?usp=sharing

Hopefully this will solve the problem. I've read that some versions of EDIBAS do not play well with virtual machines.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:58 PM
thays_91
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cerenkov
Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9g...it?usp=sharing

Hopefully this will solve the problem. I've read that some versions of EDIBAS do not play well with virtual machines.
Still having problems, INPA reads still, getting an error in NCS about faulty vin. Im going to re bootcamp and install xp. Also, what profile were you using, the docs you sent didnt include one.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:19 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
I've used a few but mostly Revtor

Old 03-05-2014, 01:54 PM
fallen002a
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been trying to code my R56 but I always get the Chassis is faulty error :( I used to get the VIN is faulty error but I managed to solve it. Can you help me with this? What should I do to solve this? I've tried to update the datens (updated today) and I still can't get it to work.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:10 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fallen002a
I've been trying to code my R56 but I always get the Chassis is faulty error :( I used to get the VIN is faulty error but I managed to solve it. Can you help me with this? What should I do to solve this? I've tried to update the datens (updated today) and I still can't get it to work.
One of the last posts in the r60 countryman coding thread discusses this problem. Try that out.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:41 AM
claw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fallen002a
How did you solve it? Another cable? Almost all the issues i had in the past, were caused by bad cables.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:17 PM
packruler
1st Gear
Found out you can set the car to auto relock after a period of time if unlock sent by remote and no doors are opened. The how to is under possible mods in the Google drive file in op. I also saw a way to auto lock the doors at a specific speed but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 AM
claw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by packruler
Found out you can set the car to auto relock after a period of time if unlock sent by remote and no doors are opened. The how to is under possible mods in the Google drive file in op. I also saw a way to auto lock the doors at a specific speed but haven't had a chance to test it yet.
I had a look and didn find it. It's on GTECKO's spreadsheet?

Old 03-11-2014, 04:56 AM
packruler
1st Gear
Originally Posted by claw
I had a look and didn find it. It's on GTECKO's spreadsheet?
Ooops thought it was but I guess I can't edit that one so its on this copy of it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

Last edited by packruler; 03-11-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:14 AM
claw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by packruler
Ooops thought it was but I guess I can't edit that one so its on this copy of it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing
Thanks!
I'll test and post result.

One question: It's necessary to specify a remote, or no need?

here: "VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_#"

Old 03-11-2014, 05:16 AM
packruler
1st Gear
Originally Posted by claw
Thanks!
I'll test and post result.

One question: It's necessary to specify a remote, or no need?

here: "VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_#"
I just set them all to aktiv just in case

Old 03-12-2014, 05:35 AM
claw
1st Gear
It's working!

I set "wert_01", don't know how long it takes to lock again.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:20 PM
bit_bucket
2nd Gear
Just got my cable from ecutools. The circuit board is white. Should I be worried?

Going to put it through it's paces to see but I expected to get a green circuit board cable from ECUTools.

Anyone else have a white circuit board cable from ecutools?

Old 03-26-2014, 07:43 PM
bit_bucket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bit_bucket
Just got my cable from ecutools. The circuit board is white. Should I be worried?

Going to put it through it's paces to see but I expected to get a green circuit board cable from ECUTools.

Cable was garbage. Ecutool is giving me the runaround. Wonder what happened to them. They used to sell quality cables, not these garbage white circuit board ones.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:27 AM
barnoun
3rd Gear
I ordered a cable from Ecutool over the weekend. Paid for DHL shipping and it came in today. It has the green circuit board and I used it successfully to code a couple options on my R56.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:49 AM
bit_bucket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by barnoun
I ordered a cable from Ecutool over the weekend. Paid for DHL shipping and it came in today. It has the green circuit board and I used it successfully to code a couple options on my R56.
I don't know what their problem is, but their CS is really really bad. They sent me a defective white one, they know it and they refuse to help me and exchange it for the proper cable. I am so stinking mad at them but have no recourse since they are in China. I cannot understand how so many have gotten the right cable yet they sent me this cheap piece of crap and can't be bothered to support it. </rant>

Old 03-27-2014, 10:42 AM
barnoun
3rd Gear
That is pretty messed up.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:50 AM
bit_bucket
2nd Gear
Now they are saying send it back via EMS on my dime and they will "repair" it. Problem is it costs the same to ship it back as the original price of the cable minus original shipping.

Lesson learned. Anyone know a good US vendor that sells a working cable? Can be EBay or whatever as long as they have a good track record of selling the green circuit board models. I refuse to do any more business with ecutool.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:46 AM
VoodooJC
1st Gear
I ordered a month or so ago from ecutools.com and also got the cable with white board. I guess I'll have no luck trying to get them to exchange it either. Any reliable source for these cables now?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Kevdog
2nd Gear

FYI, just because a board is white does not mean it's not going to work. Mine is white and functions perfectly. I don't know the source as I'm the second owner.

What you DO NOT want is a mess of resistors in the center of the board. There was a big discussion regarding this in the R60 forum here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3655746

starting at message #553. Compare that to the non-working white board in #568. The first thing I did when I received my cable was to open it. When I saw R4 and C6 in the center instead of a mess, then I knew my whole NCSExpert experience from that point on would be due to user error.

Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert for beginners-my-cable.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Kevdog
2nd Gear
Now they are saying send it back via EMS on my dime and they will "repair" it. Problem is it costs the same to ship it back as the original price of the cable minus original shipping.

Lesson learned. Anyone know a good US vendor that sells a working cable? Can be EBay or whatever as long as they have a good track record of selling the green circuit board models. I refuse to do any more business with ecutool.
Before I found my cable, I sent different Ebay sellers the pic from #568. I asked if their product's board looked like the one on the left or the one on the right. I could never get a response! I was lucky to find a seller here with a confirmed working cable, and that was the day I signed up on NAM.
NCSExpert for beginners-9lzyu.jpg

Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 AM
VoodooJC
1st Gear
The one I got from ecutools.com is the messy white one.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 AM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
This one works great for me:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-D-CAN-DCAN-USB-Interface-OBD2-EOBD-Diagnostic-Tool-Cable-BMW-INPA-Ediabas-/111217830348?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item19e51969cc

Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Minin
1st Gear
Hi there guys,
I want to ask you if there is possible to put in vehicle order my boost cd.(I have a wave cd as a standard) and when i go to the dealership to do an update they informed me that the system freezes because i dont the have the proper cd unit. Is it possible to assign the boost cd in the vehicle order? How can i accomplish that? Thanks!!

Old 04-12-2014, 09:41 PM
shrevemini
6th Gear
Received 323 Likes on 224 Posts
I have a R53 05 model. I need to code change to get dual guages to work on my mini. What all do I need to be able to make the changes?

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert for beginners