Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Help!! Please :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM
NavyMom
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! Please :)

The power steering went out last night on my daughters Mini Cooper S. Where is the fuse for the power steering. The manual says its 100 amp fuse FL4 position but there is not a FL4 in the fuse box????? Is there another relay that I should check? I've checked the local auto parts and no one has the electric power steering pump for it. Any suggestions on where to find one? All suggestions are greatly appreciated as she is driving back to Maryland in a few days. Thanks

Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The larger fuses are under the hood, I think on the driver's side around the wheel wheel. What year is your daughter's MINI? The '02 and '03 models were very prone to blowing fuses.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
we really need some more info on the car such as the year as the fuse panels are in different places for different years. but generally the FL fuses (high amperage ones) are under the hood somewhere.