North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Eastern Iowa MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis-246/)
-   -   5th Annual EIM "Spring has Sprung" Meet-n-Eat - March 24th in CR (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis/226054-5th-annual-eim-spring-has-sprung-meet-n-eat-march-24th-in-cr.html)

Gil-galad 03-08-2012 12:34 PM

5th Annual EIM "Spring has Sprung" Meet-n-Eat - March 24th in CR

The 5th Annual EIM "Spring has Sprung" Meet-n-Eat will take place on Saturday, March 24th at its traditional location in Cedar Rapids -- the Granite City Food and Brewery located right across 1st Ave from the Lindale Mall.

Rendezvous time is 10:30 am. We will plan to park where we always do, lined up on the northwest/east edge of the lot adjacent to 1st Ave SE and the Marion Bypass (see the Event Calendar Entry for an aerial pic). We'll have some good photo ops and socializing prior to lunch, which will start at 11:00 am.

GC opened a private party room late last year, so we'll have our own dedicated space unless the number of attendees far exceeds expectations. Should be a lot easier to socialize without the background noise in their main dining room.

We have a tentative commitment from the folks at MINI of Des Moines - Willis Auto Campus to join us. We're working hard to have them bring along one of their new MINI Roadster models to show off for our benefit. :thumbsup:

We'll talk more about plans for our April EIM Border Skirmish Drive, the HPMS "MINIs Occupy Branson" event in May, and of course MINI Takes the States 2012 which will be coming right through Iowa in July. :cool:

****The RSVP link -- and more information -- can be found in our EIM Event Calendar Entry (<-- link). Please visit.****

We'll be on the lookout for you.

sdbryant 03-17-2012 03:15 PM

Prior commitment to a JA bags tournament at Modern Woodmen Park.
See you folks at the next driving event, hopefully.

pilotguy1050 03-22-2012 10:43 PM

bummed

I am bummed y'all. I will have to be in Ankeny for a government Disaster Assistance training class for the Civil Air Patrol this weekend, or I'd be there meeting you. Hope you have a great time.

I HATE IT when I drive thru CR and see someone in another Mini and not have any idea who they are. Maybe someday Susan and I can make it to an event.

Have fun.

Gil-galad 03-23-2012 06:20 AM

Looks like a good crowd...and the weather should be cooperative too. No freeze-outs or snow delays like a few past March meets. :)

The WAC promotional media folks will be on hand to cover their participation as will Miah34 and Jaque_Mate, two of our favorite WAC/MoDM staffers.

TasmanianBlu 03-23-2012 06:59 AM

Regretfully we have to bow out of this one.
We will be in Oakland paying our last respects to Nora's aunt.

Paul & Nora

05MINI 03-23-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by TasmanianBlu (Post 3477387)
Regretfully we have to bow out of this one.
We will be in Oakland paying our last respects to Nora's aunt.

Paul & Nora

Sorry to hear that! Take care and hopefully we will see you in April!

Gil-galad 03-23-2012 11:20 AM

Sorry about your aunt, Nora. We'll miss you folks tomorrow. Hope to see you at the BSD on 4/21.

IowaWRX 03-23-2012 04:17 PM

Roger and I are planning on coming over from Des Moines -- see you all there!

Gil-galad 03-23-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by IowaWRX (Post 3477760)
Roger and I are planning on coming over from Des Moines -- see you all there!

Most excellent. :thumbsup:

Gil-galad 03-24-2012 08:13 PM

Some pics from today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmm57/s...7629660864315/

I posted a list of "thank yous" over on our Facebook Page so I won't repeat them here. I had a great time today; hope you did too. :)

Jim_Spencer 03-24-2012 08:22 PM

Thanks for letting me crash the party. I can't wait till I can be there with my MCS.

-Jim Spencer

oldsbear 03-24-2012 08:36 PM

Thanks again, Gary, for making Eastern Iowa MINIs a great place to be :)