Eastern Iowa MINIs Eastern Iowa MINI enthusiasts group

MINI's to Richmond, MO Car Rally -Saturday 5/5/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI's to Richmond, MO Car Rally -Saturday 5/5/12

WHO: ALL MINI COOPER OWNERS (NEW OR OLD)

WHAT: Car Rally at Richmond, Missouri’s Annual Mushroom Festival
Link: http://www.richmondchamber.org/festival.html

WHEN: SATURDAY MAY 5TH, 2012

WHERE: RICHMOND, MO (40 MILES EAST OF KANSAS CITY) This location is a short drive from Kansas City and Mid-Missouri, however we encourage all MINI’s through out the state to make the trip to Richmond for this MINI Rally.

TIMETABLE:
8:30 AM-9:00 AM: ARRIVE IN RICHMOND, MO
9:00 AM-12:00 PM: SOCIALIZE- MUSHROOM FESTIVAL ACTIVITES
12:00 PM (NOON) : ORGANIZE FOR MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
12:15 PM: DRIVE TO PARADE LINE-UP
1:00 PM: MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
2:00 PM: RETURN TO RALLY SITE
(STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE OR DEPART AFTER THE PARADE)

WHY: Last October the MINI’s to Macon Car Rally/Show was held in Macon on a Friday and we were able to attract 16 MINI’s to our event. We had a great day and we think everyone enjoyed the exclusive MINI get together. The people in Macon loved the MINI’s in the homecoming parade and I recieved a lot of favorable comments. My sister, Haley (05 Electric Blue S MINI) lives in Richmond and they have a wonderful event called the Mushroom Festival with a parade on Saturday. I want to invite all MINI
owners to participate and give Richmond a special treat with our MINI Pride.

DETAILS: The Mushroom Festival is an annual event that attracts a lot of people and I have heard it is a great event. They start on Thursday evening and conclude on Sunday. They have provided us a area to display our MINI’s next to vendors. There is no cost, just a great time to display our MINI’s and participate in their parade.

MINI PASSION: Hilary Morrissey is a passionate MINI owner. She has attended MINI Cooper shows and events throughout the state as well as hosting the MINI’s to Macon show last October, 2011. The opportunity to get a group of MINI’s together at a fun event seems very appealing, so here we go! Mark Saturday, May 5th, 2012 on your calendar and make the trip to Richmond, Missouri!

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS: Please e-mail Hilary Morrissey at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI.

Got Questions/Comments? Contact Hilary Morrissey
e-mail her: ministomacon@gmail.com

Hope to see you at the Annual Mushroom Festival in Richmond, MO!

Hilary
03 Indi Blue Mini Cooper

Last edited by Blueberry03MC; 04-10-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
I already have 8 MINI's already signed up for the rally.
I am in the process of confirming the location of where the MINI's will be at in the Mushroom Festival and where we will be meeting at.
When time gets closer to the event (here in the next couple of weeks) I will post an address and send out e-mail to the people who said that they are coming :]

Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
I traveled to Richmond yesterday (April 10) to finalize the arrangements for the MINI's to Mushroom Festival schedule for Saturday, May 5th, 2012. We have finalized our location and it has great access to all of the Mushroom Fest vendors and activities.

Attached you will find a map that shows where we will be located. Some of the streets around the courthouse will be closed so you will need to take some side streets to get to our location. They are putting us by the Farris Theater on West Main Street. For those who are needing an address for their GPS devices: 301 West Main Richmond MO 64085

The Mushroom festival coordinator advised us that Richmond, MO Mushroom Festival was voted the best festival in Missouri by the Rural Electric Cooperative magazine.
There will be over 130 food and craft vendors participating plus local entertainment. A carnival with rides and attractions will also be on site. We are excited about participating in the Mushroom Festival Parade as all the spectators will enjoy those cute MINI Coopers. The Mushroom Festival is named after the edible delights that grow in early spring, however the festival is much more than the morel mushroom.

I look forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new MINI owners plus having a wonderful day in Richmond.

If you have already confirmed your participation by e-mail I appreciate it very much.
For those of you deciding about traveling to Richmond, Please try to let me know if you can make it by e-mailing me at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI.

or visit the website for more information: http://ministorichmond.moonfruit.com/

Richmond, MO Mushroom Festival website:
http://www.richmondchamber.org/festival.php

With 3 weeks remaining of the event we have 8-10 MINI's confirmed and hope to get 20 MINI's for the MINI to Mushroom Rally. Please pass this e-mail/forward this on to other MINI owners.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
Sounds like a fun time...I won't be able to make it this year...maybe next year!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Dear MINI Owners and Enthusiasts,

The countdown is on and we are at 2 weeks away from MINI's to Mushroom Festival, we are anticipating a good turn out for the MINI Rally in Richmond, MO.
There are a number of people finalizing their plans and looking at the weather forecast for Saturday May 5th. Please email me at your earliest convenient so we can make plans to accommodate everyone. I am excited to attend my first Mushroom Festival as it has been voted the best festival in Missouri by the Rural Electric Cooperative Magazine. I think the parade will be fun as everyone loves to see the MINI Coopers!

Let's show Richmond the MINI Power and have a great turnout.
Please pass this info on to other MINI owners.

Hilary
2003 Indi Blue MINI Cooper

Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Dear MINI Owners and Enthusiasts,

The MINI's to Mushroom Festival is scheduled for this next weekend and I believe the weather looks favorable. I am very excited and hope there will be addition MINI's that drive in that day. I know all the people in Richmond would love to see a big turn out and a wide variety of MINI's to come to their festival. The Mushroom Festival should be a lot of fun with all of the vendors, booths, and activities that they have planned. If anyone has not confirmed their plans to attend, please email me as I would love to include you in the rally. Please pass the word on to other MINI owners.

To make a reservation: email me at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI and where you are coming from.

Hope to see you in Richmond, Missouri on Saturday, May 5th, 2012

Hilary
03 Indi Blue MINI Cooper
www.ministorichmond.moonfruit.com