North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Eastern Iowa MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis-246/)
-   -   Holy Cross Parade, Festival, and Street Dance -- Aug 14th (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis/192684-holy-cross-parade-festival-and-street-dance-aug-14th.html)

Gil-galad 07-13-2010 08:25 PM

Holy Cross Parade, Festival, and Street Dance -- Aug 14th

For the third consecutive year, EIM plans to take over the town of Holy Cross for their annual parade and festival!

There is an itinerary for the day posted in the companion Event Calendar Entry (<--link).

The parade begins at noon. Line up begins at 10:30 am. A car wash station will be set up next to Linda and Tom's house (956 Main Street) for early arrivals who want to spruce up.

Linda and Tom have once again graciously invited everyone to stop at their house after the parade for a fantastic meal -- Plenty of food, broasted chicken, and other goodies. They have even remodeled their MINI-themed bathroom especially for this event. :grin: They will have outside games again - Bocce Ball, bean bags, ladder game. Of course there is the pool table (upon which the residents hone their exceptional and widely renowned skills) and fooseball, and even the opportunity for you to show off your RockBand and Guitar Hero talents!

According to Linda, the Festival will again include a BBQ and a charity auction. The proceeds go to the LaSalle Catholic School in Holy Cross. There will be face painting and inflatables for the youngsters. The band at the Festival is Lost Image.

Linda also says that
anyone who wants to just watch the parade instead of riding in a car is welcome to watch from their place. The parade goes right by.

A fun family outing all around. See you there!

http://www.easterniowaminis.org/wp-c...9/cimg5789.jpg

Gil-galad 07-15-2010 04:15 PM

Linda, I'll be bringing along a side dish to share. Spuds or beans, but will let you know for sure soon.

05MINI 07-15-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gil-galad (Post 3091129)
Linda, I'll be bringing along a side dish to share. Spuds or beans, but will let you know for sure soon.

Any gift of a shared dish is appreciated but please don't anyone feel obligated if you don't!

Smokin' Jo 07-16-2010 06:06 AM

There was not enough "Red" in that picture above.
Now that that weekend is free for me I'll probably attend.

Strange how the trees replace the roof antenna on some of the MINI's

Gil-galad 07-16-2010 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin' Jo (Post 3091475)
There was not enough "Red" in that picture above.
Now that that weekend is free for me I'll probably attend.

If you sign up using the Event Calendar link right now, Chili Red will account for fully 50 percent of the MINI tally thus far... :eek2: :sly:

deanman 07-17-2010 05:26 AM

Interesting! I really like odd stuff like that. Thanks for pointing it out. Leo really wants to be in the picture again. He's the PW with the tree antenna. He hopes he's back on his feet by then.

TasmanianBlu 07-17-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by deanman (Post 3092182)
.................... He hopes he's back on his feet by then.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for a LEO sighting :nod:

05MINI 07-17-2010 02:19 PM

Hmm...those 'trees' are actually the decorations we slid over our antennas:lol:

deanman 07-17-2010 05:18 PM

Linda is 100% accurate, as always. The "tree" thing made sense to me, though. It's still an odd thing in any case

05MINI 07-19-2010 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by deanman (Post 3092468)
Linda is 100% accurate, as always.

I am SO going to print this and put it on my desk at work! :thumbsup: :lol:

lapshoffman 07-25-2010 09:26 AM

I'm just starting to get used to Chili Red making a comeback. Seems blue has faded too. Whatever color you see on a MINI is still great. :thumbsup:

deanman 08-04-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by 05MINI (Post 3091218)
Any gift of a shared dish is appreciated but please don't anyone feel obligated if you don't!

I want to bring something, but I don't know what to bring :confused: . Tell me what you might need, please.

05MINI 08-06-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by deanman (Post 3105032)
I want to bring something, but I don't know what to bring :confused: . Tell me what you might need, please.

Something simple, like a salad from the deli or a bag of chips or a pan of brownies or bars. Don't go to any work! I am debating on potato salad from Sam's or making deviled eggs. We will see how lazy I feel:wink:

It looks like it is going to be a very mini MINI parade!

deanman 08-06-2010 08:04 AM

Attention All EIM Folks!

Ya gotta sign up for the Big Parade in the Little Town! Ya just gotta! You won't be disappointed. Just the treats at Tom & Linda's is worth the trip. :nod:

Gil-galad 08-06-2010 08:43 AM

I'm planning on bringing a crock pot of BBQ beans. :razz:

05MINI 08-06-2010 09:30 AM

I decided to make mini (get it) cookie tarts:) And the MINI inspired bathroom is fully functional and ready to be unveiled. Did you know they make diamond plate peg board??:nod: The only thing I haven't figured out is how to incorporate the old head caskets I got at an antique store.

densan57 08-06-2010 12:12 PM

So sorry we are going to miss it. We'll be thinking of all of you when we are in Colorado at MITM and MTTS. Take lots of pictures and we'll try to do the same.

05MINI 08-06-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by densan57 (Post 3106037)
So sorry we are going to miss it. We'll be thinking of all of you when we are in Colorado at MITM and MTTS. Take lots of pictures and we'll try to do the same.

Heck, I wish I were going to MTTS & MITM! I am looking forward to your pictures!

Smokin' Jo 08-06-2010 02:25 PM

Sorry guy & gals but I will not be able to make it.
I'll be spending that day somewhere doing 'Extreme Clean-Up' with the Boy Scouts of America.
I'll be thinking of the group, the food and the MINI themed WC.
Please post pictures and then we can compare Gary's and Linda's toilets.
Hey there's a new thread..."What's in your Bathroom?"

deanman 08-09-2010 08:03 PM


Just checking

05MINI 08-10-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by deanman (Post 3107917)

Just checking

Awesome:lol:

Smokin' Joe-We can't compare bathrooms! Apples & oranges. Gary's is Pepper White, mine is Purple Haze. Both amazing in their own way. Although, Purple Haze is a color whereas Pepper White is more of a shade.:sly: Just kidding!:grin:

Gil-galad 08-14-2010 04:05 PM

Great fun at the Holy Cross Parade today. :thumbsup: Linda and Tom -- thanks so much for all of your hospitality. The locals never seem to get enough of seeing the MINIs. The feast at the house was awesome (and the Purple Haze bathroom is double-awesome!).

Here are a few pictures from our day together:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmm57/s...7624600734619/

Thanks again everyone!

deanman 08-14-2010 05:30 PM

Another fun time in Holy Cross! Linda and Tom make it extra special fun!

http://picasaweb.google.com/deanman2...eat=directlink

deanman 08-14-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gil-galad (Post 3111065)
Here are a few pictures from our day together:

Very artsy and excellent pictures!!

Gil-galad 08-14-2010 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by deanman (Post 3111094)
Another fun time in Holy Cross! Linda and Tom make it extra special fun!

http://picasaweb.google.com/deanman2...eat=directlink

I'm glad we can always rely on you for thinking of the "group" shot :thumbsup:
(almost looks like we coordinated our dress code :lol:).