North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Eastern Iowa MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis-246/)
-   -   Another Iowa MINI sighting! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis/116530-another-iowa-mini-sighting.html)

Gil-galad 10-10-2007 05:34 PM

Another Iowa MINI sighting!

Fellow motorists,

You may have seen analogous threads to this one in other group forums. The idea is to report the location and description of any sightings of other Iowa MINIs. Also let us know if you were able to tag the MINI with an Eastern IA MINIs contact card (once we get them made and distributed, that is).

If you recognize that you've been spotted in this thread, reply with an acknowledgement...there's nothing cooler than closing the loop on a chance MINI encounter!

Motor on! :thumbsup:

D3m0N 10-10-2007 06:53 PM

:thumbsup: Yesterday old capitol mall parking garage BRG S in Iowa City (just parked)

Gil-galad 10-12-2007 09:04 AM

Another PW/B MC sighted in Decorah today! Parked on Second Avenue north of Water Street.

...but alas, it's a bittersweet sighting. There was also a moving van out in front, so I stopped to see what was up. As it turns out, the MINI owner's husband just took a job in Blacksburg, VA and they're leaving for the east coast tomorrow...rats! :sad:

So, two PW/B MINIs known to exist in Decorah -- one just arrived from Virginia in August (me) and the other leaves for Virginia tomorrow. How wierd is that? :eek2:

Anyway, we exchanged contact info and plan on staying in touch. I was also able to give her some insight into the groups and dealerships out in that area. Guess we'll consider her extended family. :)

D3m0N 10-12-2007 09:10 AM

Light blue MINI in the McDonalds parking lot on Edgewood Rd Cedar Rapids Guessing employee have seen it there a few times.

Going to stop in and chat with them soon!

oldsbear 10-13-2007 05:29 PM

Iowa City, Saturday, 13 October, 11:30 -- Dark blue cabrio at the stoplight turning south from Sycamore Mall. Who are you :)

D3m0N 10-13-2007 07:05 PM

Red MC Iowa City
Block Buster

JPMM 10-14-2007 07:30 AM

Indie Blue S at the lumber yard in clinton. Fullertons, the owners name is Tracy I've talked to her before and tried to get her involved in some events but there was always something on. So stop in and talk to her:thumbsup:

MariaChick 10-14-2007 11:09 AM

CR/B MC dunno if it was an S or not, but it's real sharp and has black racing stripes, just saw them on our way home on the highway- they waved!

AutoXCooper.com 10-16-2007 08:55 PM

There's pics of my Iowa findings last Dec 23rd, the RB MINI and Minivan was just east of the QC. The Big rock is by my old home in SW IA.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=87618

Gil-galad 10-20-2007 04:41 PM

Tally ho! :razz:

You: CR with white bonnet stripes (didn't catch the top color due to shadows) -- you were eastbound on C7X, going down the big hill entering the outskirts of Guttenberg at 11:40 this morning

Me: PW/B, headed west, passed you about halfway up the hill

Thanks for the wave! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oldsbear 10-21-2007 04:54 AM

Saturday, October 20, 2007:
CR/B (not mine!) northbound on 218 near Crawfordsville
BRG/W Iowa City, Sycamore Mall Parking Lot
Silver/B Iowa City, UIHC Ramp 1

getting grey 10-21-2007 05:01 AM

10-19-07

LB/B black stripes & wheels whizziing through traffic on Harrison St. , Davenport.

oldsbear 10-21-2007 12:35 PM

Sunday, October 21: Pepper white spotted at Marr Park, (east of Washington, west of Ainsworth).

R56MINICooper 10-22-2007 06:03 AM

Saw a BR Green MINI CooperS on the 19th heading towards Chicago on 88 :)

MariaChick 10-22-2007 06:48 AM

Yesterday was very productive. We saw a dark blue/black MCS headed to Chicago and we spotted a PW don't remember the roof MC at the soccer fields in Mt. Joy. We tagged this one with a little card giving our NAM group- hopefully we'll see them on here soon!

D3m0N 10-27-2007 12:16 PM

Yellow heading toward Coral Ridge Mall yesterday about 6:00 PM
Electric Blue heading toward Lowes about 8:00PM

:thumbsup:

I couldn't get close enough due to traffic to get a real close look.

R56MINICooper 11-02-2007 05:51 PM

Saw a BR Green MCS at Hancher parking lot today.
And a Red MC on Rocky Shore Drive and a Black one Downtown IC on Clinton St.

Three MINIs in one day, and I wasn't in our MINI any of the times :(

D3m0N 11-04-2007 09:39 PM

Silk green Muscatine plates in the Coralville Mall parking lot in front of Target PL.

Tagged and hope to hear from soon!

:thumbsup:

Also Gold MCc driving into the Coralville mall lot as I was leaving I dont think they saw me

Gil-galad 11-06-2007 06:46 AM

Now that we're semi-officially in the tagging business, it will be a great victory when the first "taggee" closes the loop and is stimulated to acknowledge same within this thread. :nod:

I think I'll devise some formal recognition for the existing group member who's first able to make this happen through their outreach efforts...to be presented at a future EIM event near you...:thumbsup:

Miah34 11-08-2007 07:42 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the Posting stuff in here, and well new to the owning a MINI too I guess. I'm the proud owner of an '02 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S. I've had it for 3 weeks now and love every min. with it. By far the funnest car I've owned. You'll be seeing me driving around the Iowa City area. If any one in the area ever wants to get togeather and go out for a drive let me know, I work at Sears Auto Center. I've got a couple of friends that work with me that have RSX's and i know they are look for people to drive with to. Happy Motoring to all.

R56MINICooper 11-08-2007 07:48 AM

^^ Welcome aboard. You just missed our inaugural event, but there will be more to come! I'll keep my eye out for you driving around since I live in Coralville.

I drive a Silver Mazda3 most of the time as the MINI is my wifes, if you see her its an Astro black MC with white roof and racing stripes :)

D3m0N 11-08-2007 08:34 AM

So are you the guy at sears I talked to about 2 months ago? I have the pepper white one that just had brakes checked there?

Miah34 11-08-2007 09:03 AM

Yep, that was me. I just got it D3mON. Did you get everything done to it that you were talking about.

D3m0N 11-08-2007 01:32 PM

Only the exhaust left but I may hold off till spring

R56MINICooper 11-09-2007 11:31 AM

Just tagged an electric blue MINI in the Newton parking ramp! :) hopefully they are an enthusiast also :)