North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Dynamic MiNi Collective (Arizona) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/dynamic-mini-collective-arizona-147/)
-   -   Any mini drivers still alive in AZ? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/dynamic-mini-collective-arizona/224120-any-mini-drivers-still-alive-in-az.html)

diponyou 01-30-2012 09:35 PM

Any mini drivers still alive in AZ?

I am in need of a pulley tool and can't justify spending the money on it:sly:

So I was hoping that someone local would have one:)

Anyways just send me a pm or reply on here.

On a separate not it would be nice to meet up with some fellow owners and bs. I am just getting into modding my 2006 S. I just did lowering springs and ordered the k&N 1540 for my HAI.

danjmcs 01-31-2012 11:35 PM

Plenty in AZ, whereabouts are you? Hmmm, don't have my R53 anymore, so ditched most of those specific tools/parts... gotta be someone around here with one still though.

azminiman 02-01-2012 06:52 PM

Dan has a link to the DMC.. Check it out, there are some good folks there..

As for the tool, I have one.. PM if you still need

diponyou 02-01-2012 07:13 PM

Yeah I checked that site out, I just don't want to pay the 25$ fee just yet. I have too many other things I can waste my money on besides that lol and there are plenty of helpful sites out there including NAM that are free. But I am sure I will join eventually. Thanks for the heads up, ohh and check your inbox :)

VtwinPower 02-01-2012 07:16 PM

Anyone want to go on a cruise in a couple weeks? I'm just getting home from a deployment I need to let off some steam/premium fuel. Congress Arizona-Prescott run? Through the Mingus mountains? Not sure if there is ice on the roads. Someone shoot me a pm or email @ vtwinpower01@gmail.com

I'll be free for a month's time and will be throwing some springs as well as control arm's on so I need some serious testing to be performed!

diponyou 02-01-2012 07:19 PM

Where in PHX do you live? I might be down with that. Let me know if you want some help with the swap as well. As long as I don't have anything crazy going on I'll be more than happy to help.

ArizonaMiniS 02-01-2012 08:43 PM

Diponyou where in the valley are you located? I have a pulley tool I would let you borrow. I'm in North Glendale area.

diponyou 02-01-2012 08:51 PM

Nice, I live in east mesa so I am kinda far from you but I head up there every once in awhile so if I cant come up on one that is a little closer I will take you up on that.

Louie B. 02-02-2012 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by azminiman (Post 3445021)
Dan has a link to the DMC.. Check it out, there are some good folks there..

As for the tool, I have one.. PM if you still need

Mark, Do you have a pulley tool now or just the belt tool? I thought you just had the belt tool.

ArizonaMiniS 02-02-2012 07:57 PM

I just have the Belt tool not the pulley tool sorry if I confused things. Let me know if you need it.

diponyou 02-02-2012 08:51 PM

I am definitely going to need the pulley tool by next weekend. I can get by without the belt tool I'm pretty sure. Thanks though.

VtwinPower 02-02-2012 10:53 PM

Way Motor Works will rent out those pullers. Not exactly sure how much it'll run. If I would have read this a week ago I would have happily let you borrow my puller but I just shipped all my goods a day before your post..figures. diponyou I'll gladly lend a hand with that pulley. It can be a pain in the a** without some helping hands. I live over off the west side of the I-17 on Happy Valley. Ill be home this Tuesday, actually I'm going to give Luke's auto hobby shop a call to see if they have a puller in their inventory. With kind words I can borrow theirs if so. Or if you have a military id we could just use their lifts and stalls. They most likely have the belt tool as well. Just a suggestion. The rates for the stalls/lifts are around 2-3 bucks an hour with free tool checkouts etc.

^ I sound like a salesman for them Haha! I'll post on Tuesday what my number is. I have some driving lights, shift and e brake knob & handle and some bulbs to install as well so I'll be in the lend a hand mode. shoot me an email vtwinpower01@gmail.com

I'll be home late Tuesday evening so Wednesday would be ideal. I have no problem driving to you.

diponyou 02-04-2012 07:49 AM

Well the pulley and belt are going to be at my house today, does anyone have the tool I could borrow for the weekend? I could come pick up or meet or whatever?

Let me know guys, if you want to text or call me, my number is 480 455 2665 my name is Brandon

diponyou 02-04-2012 06:42 PM

I will be willing to give someone 20$ and ill come get it if I can borrow it tomorrow. I have everything needed for the swap. If I cant get one by tomorrow I'm just going to buy one.

azminiman 02-09-2012 08:52 PM

Thanks for the catch Louie.. I didnt read that right.. I have the Belt tool... Sorry about that.

I responded to the PM..

diponyou 02-10-2012 03:50 AM

I ended up renting one from wmw so it is all good now. Thanks for the offers guys

diponyou 02-12-2012 07:33 AM

Installed the 17% pulley and ngk plugs. This thing is awesome. It only took me about 2 hours and that was with no belt tool. I bypassed a lot of the directions on the howto.
I also installed some strut tower reinforcements. I think the next mod will be the craven speed shifter and shift bezel.

TwoPly 02-13-2012 12:43 PM

I might pick your brain on how you did that diponyou. I have an '05 MCS that I would love to put a new reduction pulley on.

diponyou 02-13-2012 02:00 PM

Its not hard man. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

srtoad4 04-10-2012 07:33 AM

diponyou, are you in Phoenix? I want to install the 16% pulley soon, and would love some help!