North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain Products (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-products-267/)
-   -   RMW Solution to High Inlet temps...... (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-products/156143-rmw-solution-to-high-inlet-temps.html)

Revolution Mini Works 10-14-2008 06:44 AM

RMW Solution to High Inlet temps......

2 Attachment(s)
As many of you know we have been working on getting the most consistent inlet temps to make the most reliable and safe power. Having tested air to air and water to air and older style meth systems, nothing really made me 100% happy. Now after having a meth kit made which controls our system much differently than other systems, we are ready to release it. The problem we found with the other meth kits is they killed the mid-range power by overspraying. This kit delivers just the right amount of meth at the proper time.

This kit is 100% ready to go. We have our own special jettings and settings ready for the end user to make it as seamless as possible. Sub ambient temps are just an install away:thumbsup:

We have seen the car dial in 6-8 degrees more final timing due to lower inlet temps. More timing means more power! There are many factors involved in getting the timing and air/fuel ratios correct and how the ECU reacts to these factors.

ca$per 10-14-2008 06:57 AM

nice :thumbsup:

fullcollapse40 10-14-2008 07:02 AM

Incredible! Is part throttle driveability affected at all ?

UnsanePyro 10-14-2008 07:03 AM

Good stuff. Whats the word on pricing and install time?

Bigshot 10-14-2008 07:17 AM

How "automatic" is this?

Revolution Mini Works 10-14-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 (Post 2508352)

not at all:thumbsup:
it's all in the designed system. This was part of the problem before with the older style kits.

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro (Post 2508353)
Good stuff. Whats the word on pricing and install time?

We are working on a very fast install way. Pictures should be up in the next few days. Pricing with the quick install kit will be around $1,000:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Bigshot (Post 2508372)
How "automatic" is this?

Once you get it initially installed, just fill it with water/meth and start your car:razz:

jhiggs26 10-14-2008 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 (Post 2508352)

I think most meth/water injection systems are based on WOT. I'll let the pros answer you on that one. Personally I wouldn't want to waste meth solution(consumable) on part throttle Sunday driving. :lol:

Can RMW show us the kit and pricing please. :)

Jeremy

Bigshot 10-14-2008 07:32 AM

So this system runs all the time?

How long does the water/meth supply last under daily driving conditions?

Or is it simply triggered by throttle application?

nabeshin 10-14-2008 07:36 AM

Stop making all your good stuff so expensive.:cry:

PRattenbury 10-14-2008 07:38 AM

I'd be curious about consumption of spray as well. Not to mention, since water is incompressible, what is happening to cylinder pressures?

Revolution Mini Works 10-14-2008 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jhiggs26 (Post 2508394)
I think most meth/water injection systems are based on WOT. I'll let the pros answer you on that one. Personally I wouldn't want to waste meth solution(consumable) on part throttle Sunday driving. :lol:

Can RMW show us the kit and pricing please. :)

Jeremy

this one can be based on part throttle too...........you get to pick where and when you want it.....:thumbsup: (this is why it works so much better through the mid-range) We will have pictures.... it's going to be a few days.

Originally Posted by Bigshot (Post 2508396)
So this system runs all the time?

How long does the water/meth supply last under daily driving conditions?

Or is it simply triggered by throttle application?

no it runs only when YOU want it, we will give you guideline settings but you can tailor it to your driving. If you are out for a Sunday drive and don't even want it you can easily turn it off. It lasts much longer than you think even with spraying it most of the time.

Originally Posted by nabeshin (Post 2508403)
Stop making all your good stuff so expensive.:cry:

Well........you could spend $2000-3000 for a W2a and still not get these temps:popcorn:

Originally Posted by PRattenbury (Post 2508407)
I'd be curious about consumption of spray as well. Not to mention, since water is incompressible, what is happening to cylinder pressures?

We used straight methanol in the above graphs. We will release more of the data as we go along. Problem now is trying to get enough kits to satisfy all of the orders:wink:
We have them on race cars and will be reporting some findings back end of month.

Bigshot 10-14-2008 08:03 AM

:thumbsup:

fullcollapse40 10-14-2008 08:07 AM

I had been debating pulling the trigger on one of the coolingmist kits, but now I am glad I didnt.

Are you planning on tuning cars to run this system, or just using it as a supplement ?

PRattenbury 10-14-2008 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works (Post 2508431)
We used straight methanol in the above graphs. We will release more of the data as we go along. Problem now is trying to get enough kits to satisfy all of the orders:wink:
We have them on race cars and will be reporting some findings back end of month.

Methanol burns at a different rate than gasoline. Does the introduction of methanol require variation in timing and fueling to optimize the burn? Do the methanol and fuel become a homogenous mix in the combustion chamber?

Revolution Mini Works 10-14-2008 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 (Post 2508446)
I had been debating pulling the trigger on one of the coolingmist kits, but now I am glad I didnt.

Are you planning on tuning cars to run this system, or just using it as a supplement ?

we have so far just been running them on top of the stock RMW tunes but for those that are serious we can tune to this:nod:

Originally Posted by PRattenbury (Post 2508452)
Methanol burns at a different rate than gasoline. Does the introduction of methanol require variation in timing and fueling to optimize the burn? Do the methanol and fuel become a homogenous mix in the combustion chamber?

yes it is mixed into the system in the intake manifold, we are logging the timing along with everything else. We are seeing much more timing run on hot days with this vs no meth. Typically about 6-8deg more:wink:

fullcollapse40 10-14-2008 08:33 AM

oh baby ! I'll give you a call tomorrow then to place my order.

Francis

batrugger 10-14-2008 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by PRattenbury (Post 2508452)

The real benefit here is the cooling effect, but water/ meth can emulate 100 octane gas so if you tune for it, you will get an even bigger increase in performance by having the increased timing. The problem with tuning for the meth though is that you will always have to spray it. Now those great MINI ECUs will do a little compensating for the higher otane too.

Revolution Mini Works 10-14-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by batrugger (Post 2509133)
The real benefit here is the cooling effect, but water/ meth can emulate 100 octane gas so if you tune for it, you will get an even bigger increase in performance by having the increased timing. The problem with tuning for the meth though is that you will always have to spray it. Now those great MINI ECUs will do a little compensating for the higher otane too.

just think what Kelli's will do with this kit on the track?:eek2:

poskey 10-14-2008 02:34 PM

Jan, can you help those of use who already have W/M injection but are still experimenting? I have a coolingmist progressive system. Can I use your nozzles? What size are you using? I'm using a 90cc per minute right now and it has certainly helped with the pinging but hasn't cured it completely. I have a 180cc per minute on order and it should be here any day. You are going to tune my mini on friday in Dallas. Think you can help me/us with this? Thanks

D-MAN 10-14-2008 03:09 PM

Just a few questions
1. Are you using single or multiple jets?
2. By running straight meth aren't you going to reduce the life of the pump as opposed to running a 50/50 mix? Or are the pumps modified? I realise it is trade off between the mix and power.
3. Does the kit come with a fuel cell?
4. Are stainless hoses an option?

fullcollapse40 10-14-2008 03:10 PM

oops, nvm

fullcollapse40 10-14-2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by poskey (Post 2509167)
Jan, can you help those of use who already have W/M injection but are still experimenting? I have a coolingmist progressive system. Can I use your nozzles? What size are you using? I'm using a 90cc per minute right now and it has certainly helped with the pinging but hasn't cured it completely. I have a 180cc per minute on order and it should be here any day. You are going to tune my mini on friday in Dallas. Think you can help me/us with this? Thanks

Rather than asking the magician to explain on a public forum how he performs his tricks, you might try just calling him.

poskey 10-14-2008 04:11 PM

Yeah, I will be seeing him on friday. For those of us that have W/M systems, I'll see if I can get Jan to give away some secrets and we can all benefit.

Revolution Mini Works 10-14-2008 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 (Post 2509223)
Rather than asking the magician to explain on a public forum how he performs his tricks, you might try just calling him.

I like you Frances!

gnatster 10-14-2008 04:27 PM

Maybe Jan can bring one out to show us. I'll be happy to track test it on Sunday too....