North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-16/)
-   -   Drivetrain Anyone going to Helix 5/24 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/9769-anyone-going-to-helix-5-24-a.html)

blackdogmini 05-15-2003 04:51 PM

Who's going to be there next Saturday? The boys at Helix told me there would be some modded MINIs and munchies. Don't forget that they are next to Yards Microbrewery :eek: :eek:

RUKnight 05-15-2003 05:28 PM

If i'm not doing anything I may come down...it's a long 4 month wait and I'd like to meet the guys at helix...head great things about them ere and from some friends at AWE tuning.
Mike

MiniPilo 05-15-2003 05:38 PM

Have to check my schedule..

paulmon 05-15-2003 05:52 PM

A couple of us Canucks are coming down from Toronto! Can you say "ROAD TRIP!" :smile:

Anyone need anything Canadian? Beer, Chocolate, Cheese? :smile:

Paul

macncheese 05-15-2003 06:01 PM

Mmmm. Chocolate and Cheese.

http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/ad/c0/155776.JPG

I'll be there.

acetonic 05-15-2003 06:16 PM

My wife really craves cheese curds (grains du fromage) but they might not be too tasty after a day riding in a MINI,

I look forward to meeting everyone there however. Have a good trip!

>>
>>A couple of us Canucks are coming down from Toronto! Can you say "ROAD TRIP!" :smile:
>>
>>Anyone need anything Canadian? Beer, Chocolate, Cheese? :wink:
>>
>>See you all then!
>>
>>:)
>>
>>Paul

dandp 05-15-2003 09:00 PM

I should be zooming down after a WRX dyno day in the morning - my cousin has seriously modded Scooby and has some other guys coming with 300+ ponies at the wheels...

I also need to have people listen to what my regular old Cooper sounds like now :grin:

vdubdoug 05-16-2003 06:41 AM

I will be heading down from Long Island. Early on the 24th. When does this thing start anyway. I am sure there will be some modded Mini's. I need to get my pulley done asap :smile:.

:grin:

M3NTAL_Kev 05-16-2003 07:08 AM

I'll be coming down from the the Toronto area with Paul. Should be a fun road trip. I hope Helix has everything in stock for our arrival on Friday. :grin:

paulmon 05-16-2003 01:47 PM

>>My wife really craves cheese curds (grains du fromage) but they might not be too tasty after a day riding in a MINI,

I love cheese curds, especially as Poutine but that's what Quebec is famous for, we don't really get cheese curd here in Toronto. I've yet to find a place with authentic cheese curd. :smile:

>>I look forward to meeting everyone there however. Have a good trip!

Thanks. See you in a week.

Paul

blackdogmini 05-16-2003 09:21 PM

I talked to Eric at Helix today. He said that there will be a twisty drive that ends up at Gino's Cheese steaks on Saturday at about 1pm. I already feel my arteries hardening.

-Charlie

Daytona955i 05-17-2003 07:19 AM

>>I talked to Eric at Helix today. He said that there will be a twisty drive that ends up at Gino's Cheese steaks on Saturday at about 1pm. I already feel my arteries hardening.
>>
>>-Charlie

mmmmm.... cheese steaks..... I have it on my calendar and if I can make it I will come but typically I have family stuff on the weekends. Now that windy roads and cheese steaks are involved I think I'll have to push a little more to go! The guys at helix are really great and I got my pulley installed by Eric a month or so ago. I would definately recommend them to anyone within driving distance!
-Chris

paulmon 05-17-2003 08:04 AM

>> ago. I would definately recommend them to anyone within driving distance!
>>-Chris

We're coming from 8 hours away, I guess that's still "driving distance."

:smile:

Paul

macncheese 05-17-2003 05:20 PM

Be sure to leave extra early if you're coming from north jersey... its memorial day weekend and you'll sit in shore traffic all morning.

--
Cheese

Donna/Mike 05-17-2003 06:11 PM

Darn - wish we could make it but have plans already. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Chow!

Donna :razz: :razz:

Daytona955i 05-17-2003 09:03 PM

>>>> ago. I would definately recommend them to anyone within driving distance!
>>>>-Chris
>>
>>We're coming from 8 hours away, I guess that's still "driving distance." >>
>>:)
>>
>>Paul
>>

As long as you can drive straight through without stopping! If you have to stop and sleep it's not driving distance! :lol: