Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain To warranty or not-to warranty? (not Magnuson-Moss related)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 09:34 PM
BelowRadar
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To warranty or not-to warranty? (not Magnuson-Moss related)

I just bought an 05 MCS (PS/B), but have been perusing these boards for awhile getting educated on the car and reading about products. I'm now detailing my mod plan, which will include the usual power bolt-ons like intake, pulley, ECU, and exhaust. However, coming from the VW-enthusiast world all these new aftermarket brands I'm having to learn about have my head spinning. WIth my 1.8t, I did my whole car up with APR parts because they had some of the best gains, extremely good fabrication and quality, as well as great service. Unfortunately, in my research, I haven't found that equivalent for my S. I also haven't seen to many long-term reviews for products on these boards. So, I'm torn between playing-it-safe and going with a warranteed package like Dinan's, or pairing different parts from Alta, Webb, and Milltek to get higher gains.

I'd like to hear from those who have gone both routes (warranteed mods and non-warranteed mods) to see what their satisfaction levels are (and whether if they could do it all over again they would change what they did).

I'll be using my car as a daily driver, canyon runs with friends, and occasional track days.

Thanks in advance.