North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-191/)
-   -   Drivetrain The New RMW N18 Tune! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/337447-the-new-rmw-n18-tune.html)

MiNiSandpirate 03-29-2019 08:17 PM

The New RMW N18 Tune!

Hey everyone,
Its been a long while since i last logged in but i thought i would pop in a talk about something new. I have been working with Jan at RMW on a tune for the N18 engines. I currently have the v1 tune loaded on my 2014 JCW Paceman and after running it for about a week or two i thought i would give my impressions of it so far.

Mod wise currently i have an AEM intake, Helix Intercooler, Samco/Forge boost tubes, Forge BOV and a straight pipe exhaust. I have a few mods about to be put in like a Clutch Master FX400 8puck and a catless downpipe.

First off loading the tune was a breeze with the remote tuner tool from jan. Now on to the juicy bits, how the tune is.

This is a blast! I really love how the car feels and acts, the power comes on smooth as you roll into the throttle but i can say this... there is something wicked lurking in that go pedal. The throttle response is greatly improved, running up through the gears there is no flub, no flutter. I have done quite a few redline tests and it the car just keeps pulling all the way through. I have been watching a readout on the car and no pinging or detonation. This is a really smooth tune, and i cant wait to get her on a dyno to see what sort of numbers she is putting down but i am going to get the clutch put on and the downpipe. And the nice thing is whether the car is in non sport or sport, or even the DSC on or off, she is a hell of a runner and honest i feel like this is how the car should have been from the start, its a JCW for crying out loud it should be loud, powerful and twitchy. And i will say this tune has been great for an All4 car, the power really helps get her heavy butt in gear.

Its been a blast helping with this tune and its gonna be fun to see what comes next!

Well done Jan!

Revolution Motor Works 04-02-2019 07:33 AM

We will be working on a Mini with a bigger turbo soon for the N18 since there seems to be so many problems with the other tuners out there and cars not making power. Hope to have a solution for all of the cars out there. NONE of our tunes adjust the knock sensor sensitivity that we have seen on the others which explains the high number of engine failures. Its something we just won't do at RMW to try and make power.

MiNiSandpirate 04-03-2019 08:48 PM

Update!

Racking up the miles on the car and so far its been going great. Got her booked for the new clutch (Clutchmaster FX400 8 Puck) and the catless dp will be put on. I have noticed an improvement in mileage and improved throttle response.

Revolution Motor Works 04-04-2019 08:32 AM

Why am I getting an update for the post and no post?
I can see the post in my email...............Mods?

njaremka 04-04-2019 09:12 AM

This sounds intriguing:

Originally Posted by MiNiSandpirate (Post 4459973)
... the remote tuner tool ...

Any more information on this tool?

Revolution Motor Works 04-04-2019 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by njaremka (Post 4461306)
This sounds intriguing:

Any more information on this tool?

It's on our website, same tool we use for all of the Mini's
1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen

we will be getting a car this weekend to work on that has a bigger turbo on an N18 and dyno tuning it. Hoping to get a real fix for these cars as we are seeing some very bad results from other tuners out there with them. Most are making less hp than stock cars. The one we are getting is one of them.
We will be providing solutions that actually work when we release them to the public

PEneoark 07-16-2019 01:20 PM

I have an RPM stage 2 on an N18, but was always interested in remote tuning capabilities. Thanks.

h3rm 07-24-2019 01:53 PM

Any update on the n18 with the larger turbo?

state0222 08-30-2021 08:17 AM

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread

Sorry about bringing this thread back to life, but how is your tune now? @Revolution Motor Works, can you give any more information on this tune? I’m not a big fan of cracking my ECU if I can avoid it!

MiNiSandpirate 08-30-2021 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by state0222 (Post 4597518)
Sorry about bringing this thread back to life, but how is your tune now? @Revolution Motor Works, can you give any more information on this tune? I’m not a big fan of cracking my ECU if I can avoid it!

Tune has been great... over 2 years on since it was done and no issues...

state0222 08-30-2021 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by MiNiSandpirate (Post 4597519)
Tune has been great... over 2 years on since it was done and no issues...

did you ever get her on a dyno? I’m curious about the powerband