North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-191/)
-   -   Drivetrain N18 intake tube? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/327706-n18-intake-tube.html)

sbninja 05-24-2018 01:33 PM

N18 intake tube?

Hello all, I am considering upgrading my turbo. Currently at a Manic stage 2+ tune.

​​​​​​I would like to get a forge intake tube to. What are you all using? I see that the forge has one provision for a ancillary tube so I can connect to the to the valve cover but not one for the other tube?

What are the electrical connections on the factory intake tube?
​​​​​

njaremka 05-25-2018 03:24 AM

If I was going to do it all over again, I would get an NM intake - the one that replaces the turbo inlet tube. The NM is the only one that provides resistors for the two heater elements, and provisions for all the vent tube connections.

sbninja 05-25-2018 03:50 AM

Thanks :). I didn’t know tha NM makes an intake with all the provisions. I have only seen photos that only have 1 vent tube. Are these just old photos on their website?

njaremka 05-25-2018 04:45 AM

Yes they do! It is a little pricey, but seems worth it to me.

Here you go:
http://www.nm-eng.com/291/0/0/2965/n...induction.html

sbninja 05-25-2018 01:24 PM

Thank you njaremka!

4mikebruns 05-28-2018 04:38 AM

I bought the CTS Turbo intake and then called NM and they sold me just the resistors for the plugs. CTS sends you a resistor but its literally just a regular wire one that doesn't have the Male plug on it like the NM lol

njaremka 05-28-2018 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by 4mikebruns (Post 4393968)
I bought the CTS Turbo intake and then called NM and they sold me just the resistors for the plugs. CTS sends you a resistor but its literally just a regular wire one that doesn't have the Male plug on it like the NM lol

Do you know what the resistor values are?

4mikebruns 05-28-2018 05:25 AM

No I dont. It was a while back. I didnt even attempt to use it. It's not that much though.

SeveNx7 05-29-2018 10:05 AM

I paid like 25.00(Give or take a dollar) to NM for the resistor packs and my check engine light should go away!
They call it the PCV heater delete kit I belive.

4mikebruns 05-29-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by SeveNx7 (Post 4394313)
I paid like 25.00(Give or take a dollar) to NM for the resistor packs and my check engine light should go away!
They call it the PCV heater delete kit I belive.

that's what I did too lol

Zachary Nguyen 03-20-2019 04:02 PM

Do you guys know if the NM provided resistors will work with the Forge Silicone Inlet hose? I'm thinking about going that route to save money for now and can pick up the NM intake later and attach it to the forge hose. I know the NM induction is the ideal solution but a bit pricey.

njaremka 03-20-2019 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zachary Nguyen (Post 4457821)
Do you guys know if the NM provided resistors will work with the Forge Silicone Inlet hose? I'm thinking about going that route to save money for now and can pick up the NM intake later and attach it to the forge hose. I know the NM induction is the ideal solution but a bit pricey.

The resistors will, but you still have to figure something to do with the small vacuum tube that comes off the side, too

Zachary Nguyen 03-20-2019 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by njaremka (Post 4457827)

The resistors will, but you still have to figure something to do with the small vacuum tube that comes off the side, too

Ah I see. So looks like stock or NM induction are the only full no fuss solutions when it comes to the turbo inlet. May just save up for the NM then

njaremka 03-20-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zachary Nguyen (Post 4457830)

Ah I see. So looks like stock or NM induction are the only full no fuss solutions when it comes to the turbo inlet. May just save up for the NM then

If you are going to call NM and see about buying the resistors, see if they will sell that PCV use adapter with the smaller side tube...