North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-434/)
-   -   Drivetrain Now offering RPM Power Tuning OBD2 & Bench Flash (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/326018-now-offering-rpm-power-tuning-obd2-and-bench-flash.html)

MarioKart 04-09-2018 02:45 PM

Now offering RPM Power Tuning OBD2, Remote & Bench Flash

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...ad24e51de.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...1ec98f1e4.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...edbe6b064.jpeg
For last few months I have doing the new series and getting great power and smoothness from RPM Power Tuning. Overnight shipping is free, offering stage 1,2 and 3 and flames if you are catless. Of course I also have my Extreeme Black Ceramic and Stainless downpipes for the F series 2.0L
please PM or email MarioPalza@gmail.com

mQubed Motorsport RPM Power and Manic Tuning Dealer

CougarsRFun 04-19-2018 12:01 PM

Can you explain the differences between the manic and rpm stage 1?

KCLARK 04-23-2018 10:14 AM

I see this is posted in 2nd Gen section but see the Mini used in reference is 3rd Gen and is a 2.0 F model. So is this new RPM tuning for R56's also?

MarioKart 04-23-2018 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by KCLARK (Post 4384865)
I see this is posted in 2nd Gen section but see the Mini used in reference is 3rd Gen and is a 2.0 F model. So is this new RPM tuning for R56's also?

my mistake it should be in the 3rd Generation but I do RPM Power for 2nd generation also. My Countryman and Audi RS7 are both on RPM stage 3

johntotah94 05-02-2018 01:28 PM

OBD is through your dealer correct?
One day I'll do some updates for future mods.

mattkosem 05-02-2018 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by johntotah94 (Post 4387289)
OBD is through your dealer correct?
One day I'll do some updates for future mods.

I asked about OBD, and it's only possible with the car in front of him. Wish there was an option for getting this in Ohio without shping the ECU. Are there other dealers?

--Matt

MarioKart 05-02-2018 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mattkosem (Post 4387366)
I asked about OBD, and it's only possible with the car in front of him. Wish there was an option for getting this in Ohio without shping the ECU. Are there other dealers?

--Matt

i might send a remote module. I’m the only Dealer in the US

charrigan 05-04-2018 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4387378)

i might send a remote module.

IF this is a possibility count me in for a tune!

njaremka 05-20-2018 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4387378)

i might send a remote module. I’m the only Dealer in the US

Intrigued by the possibility of a remote RPM stage 3 tune...

MarioKart 05-21-2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by charrigan (Post 4387703)
IF this is a possibility count me in for a tune!

I’m very close to a solution that will work with everyone. I’m thinking in a month

charrigan 05-21-2018 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4392240)

I’m very close to a solution that will work with everyone. I’m thinking in a month

F yeah! if you need me to do any testing or logs let me know

MrGrumpy 06-12-2018 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4392240)

Mario, any new word on remote tuning options? I can’t find anything anywhere near me, and unfortunately cannot have the downtime of sending my ECU to someone. Please say you can flash a 2012 R60?

Bob08Club 06-27-2018 09:45 PM

RPM Tune Stage 2

I am a recent convert to the Mini Cooper rage and recently purchased a 2008 R55 Clubman S. Was impressed by the power of a stock turbo but after visiting different forums realized more power was to be had. A common name in all the threads was Mario Palza as the go to person. Since I live on the central California coast, going to Mario was an easy decision. After installing a larger intercooler and catless downpipe we met halfway in Santa Barbara. Mario remapped the ECU with the RPM stage 2 program, installed cooler plugs and lowered thermostat temp. Power increase is substantial, probably around 230hp and 240lbs torque at rear wheels. Application of power during acceleration is smooth and progressive and yet very streetable for everyday use. Being a newbie to Minis Mario offered words of advice to educate me on the nuances of the Mini. Very pleased with the product and his service. Mario will not disappoint.

MarioKart 07-01-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by mattkosem (Post 4387366)

--Matt

Hey Matt, I now can do N14 and all F series via remote so you don’t have to remove your ECU. Send me an email when possible MarioPalza@gmail.com
thank you
mario

MarioKart 07-01-2018 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by charrigan (Post 4392251)
F yeah! if you need me to do any testing or logs let me know

remote tuning is available. Send me an email for details MarioPalza@gmail.com

mQubed Motorsport Manic and RPM Power Tuning

MarioKart 07-01-2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrGrumpy (Post 4398235)

Mario, any new word on remote tuning options? I can’t find anything anywhere near me, and unfortunately cannot have the downtime of sending my ECU to someone. Please say you can flash a 2012 R60?

Grumpy. Remote tuning is ready. Send a email when ready MarioPalza@gmail.com

mQubed Motorsport Manic & RPM Power Tuning

njaremka 07-02-2018 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4402952)

Hey Matt, I now can do N14 and all F series via remote so you don’t have to remove your ECU. Send me an email when possible MarioPalza@gmail.com
thank you
mario

Not N18 motors?

MarioKart 07-02-2018 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by njaremka (Post 4403049)
Not N18 motors?

the N18 will be possible but not at the moment

MrGrumpy 07-02-2018 10:06 AM

That’s what I’m waiting not -so-patiently for, lol.
I don’t want or have the option to send in my ECU, so I am waiting for Mario (hopefully) or somebody to be able to remotely tune my R60.

Minnie.the.Moocher 07-02-2018 10:10 AM

Sigh, I waited a long time and caved in and bought the Dinan Elite. It took years to crack the F56, then it was only manual no auto tranny. No remote tunes and now you have it.

Maybe next MINI!

MrGrumpy 07-02-2018 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4403139)

This !!!! This is what I want to hear! Maybe not yet, but as long as someone out there is still trying to crack the issue. Seems like some are getting close. I would love for it to be Mario and since we’ve been waiting for this for a good while now....a little longer won’t hurt. I’m just glad it’s still being attempted!

MarioKart 07-02-2018 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by MrGrumpy (Post 4403161)

This !!!! This is what I want to hear! Maybe not yet, but as long as someone out there is still trying to crack the issue. Seems like some are getting close. I would love for it to be Mario and since we’ve been waiting for this for a good while now....a little longer won’t hurt. I’m just glad it’s still being attempted!

the N18 product has already started. Don’t you live in Wahongton or something? I’m going to Vancouver this month to install my new turbo kit I’m building
send me your full name, address and contact number to my email MarioPalza@gmail.com
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...418527b89.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...3b874f608.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...17d2a56fb.jpeg

MrGrumpy 07-02-2018 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4403166)

the N18 product has already started. Don’t you live in Wahongton or something? I’m going to Vancouver this month to install my new turbo kit I’m building
send me your full name, address and contact number to my email MarioPalza@gmail.com
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...418527b89.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...3b874f608.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...17d2a56fb.jpeg

Yes I’m in Marysville, about 30 miles north of Seattle right along I-5. If you are heading to Vancouver you will pass through here. I will email you my info! look forward to speaking about this more!

contented 07-04-2018 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4403160)
Sigh, I waited a long time and caved in and bought the Dinan Elite. It took years to crack the F56, then it was only manual no auto tranny. No remote tunes and now you have it.

Maybe next MINI!

Hi Minnie, owning a 2017 F57 S w/ auto trans and still educating myself on tuning upgrades, your post caught my attention as I'm considering a Dinan Elite. Do I understand you correctly that the Dinan Elite might not work on an F series car w/ an auto transmission?

As someone who wants to upgrade performance, I also worry about the effect a potential tuning may have on the auto trans longevity.

I wish Mario had a website that fully explains all his products and services. If he does, I can't find it.

Thanks. Contented

cloverasx 07-18-2018 09:13 AM

After talking with @MarioKart over e-mail, I'm excited to soon purchase his ceramic DP and more than likely an RPM tune. I just added my Alta intercooler + piping and had a K&N Typhoon intake for a while. The reason I'm waiting is just finances, but hopefully by the time I'm ready (likely a month) the remote flash will be possible.

Do you guys have any other performance suggestions? I plan on having a local exhaust shop fit me with a straight pipe from the DP back, but I have no idea what muffler/tips to go with - looking at relatively inexpensive options, but I've only heard the exhausts on youtube so I don't know what's bad or good.

MrGrumpy 08-02-2018 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by cloverasx (Post 4407186)
After talking with @MarioKart over e-mail, I'm excited to soon purchase his ceramic DP and more than likely an RPM tune. I just added my Alta intercooler + piping and had a K&N Typhoon intake for a while. The reason I'm waiting is just finances, but hopefully by the time I'm ready (likely a month) the remote flash will be possible.

Do you guys have any other performance suggestions? I plan on having a local exhaust shop fit me with a straight pipe from the DP back, but I have no idea what muffler/tips to go with - looking at relatively inexpensive options, but I've only heard the exhausts on youtube so I don't know what's bad or good.

Get the tune!!!! You won’t regret it! Mario just tuned my R60 on Tuesday and it is fantastic! The improvement is unbelievable and still great drivability around town... and when you get on it... sigh..... I want to get in the now just thinking about it! Lol. I have a catless DP, and had a shop replace the exhaust from the flex pipe to the muffler with a straight pipe. So catless with the factory muffler. It actually had a pretty nice deep tone at the low end. When you get on it, it’s a little raspy and loud, but not in a bad way, and not “Ricey”. And the pops and burbles? They became very pronounced after the exhaust work.... after the tune? Absolutely insane! It sounds like I’m a moving shooting range! Lol.... I love it! Ha ha! I have been cackling and giggling like a schoolgirl for the last 2 days! And I’m not even a little bit ashamed by that!
But seriously, it sounds like you are well in your way. All you need is a DP and you can go at least stage 2. Don’t even bother with stage 1, because if you have it, you will wish and dream of what stage 2 is like, I know I would. I was originally only thinking about something subtle like stage 1.... but because of my turbo upgrade, Mario said I needed to go stage 3, and boy am I glad I did! It is easily the best mod for the $ you can do, period. Get the 2nd cat deleted and then save up if you need to and get your downpipe and tune from Mario at the same time. It’s worth it (as an aside, I went cheap and got a CNT Racing DP, its nice and does what it’s supposed to, but if I had the extra money, knowing what I know now, I would have saved up and gotten one of Mario’s DP’s instead. When he tuned mine, he did a couple others too, and I helped a guy do his DP he got from Mario. Aside from it looking terrific, the quality and fit was superior to any I’ve seen so far) The car feels so much more alive..... and my neighbors may just drive me out if I keep buzzing my street with the sport button and it’s associated pops active, like I have been, lol. In normal driving mode (sport button off, sport + [auto] disengaged, is very mellow, but has power and acceleration that has always been missing in the heavy Countryman. I basically makes it feel more nimble and eager, if that makes sense. It’s really nice.

I can’t post video, but you can PM me if you want to hear how the exhaust sounds, it’s fully exhaust on the cheap. But for the $ I’m happy with it. You could probably get a different tone and mellow it just a bit if you put something like a Magnaflow straight through muffler/resonator where the 2nd cat/resonator is.

MarioKart 08-02-2018 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by contented (Post 4403606)
Hi Minnie, owning a 2017 F57 S w/ auto trans and still educating myself on tuning upgrades, your post caught my attention as I'm considering a Dinan Elite. Do I understand you correctly that the Dinan Elite might not work on an F series car w/ an auto transmission?

As someone who wants to upgrade performance, I also worry about the effect a potential tuning may have on the auto trans longevity.

I wish Mario had a website that fully explains all his products and services. If he does, I can't find it.

Thanks. Contented

The automatics are very strong and 40% of my customers are autos and have never had a faliure and a few the automatics are used for abusive auto crossing.

MrGrumpy 08-02-2018 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by contented (Post 4403606)

Thanks. Contented

Unfortunately he doesn’t have a website. I wish he did too. But if I was you I would email him. He will be able to answer your questions. I have an auto and just got a stage 3 RPM Power tune from Mario and by the way it behaves so far, I’m not really concerned about it. I’m sure I could probably shred it if I tried, but once the newness wears off and I stop driving like a hoonigan everywhere I go, it won’t really be putting much more wear or stress on the system that it was already getting before. One of these days I’m going to have to come back down to earth and drive like the adult I’m supposed to be..... but I’m just having too much fun at the moment, ha ha.
But really, ask him, he will be able to give you good info and advice about what you may want, tune-wise, and what you will need and what you may not NEED but probably should do before a tune to make it better. If that makes sense. His customer service is top notch! And I know I probably sound like a paid shill, I am nothing more than a very satisfied customer! I will get whatever I can from Mario over any other vendor just because of how he has treated me as a customer. It’s funny, because by the time you are done (especially if you spend any time with him in person) he feels almost more like a friend than someone you are doing a business transaction with, it’s very refreshing and can make some fiercely loyal customers, just look at the review threads about him....that speaks for itself and is the reason I chose him to tune my baby.
good luck and let us know what you end up doing to your Mini

contented 08-03-2018 05:48 AM

MrGrumpy, maybe I'm like the kid who sticks his toe into the deep end of the pool but is afraid to jump in. Mario has responded to several PM's and given me a means to get in touch and I need do that. I so enjoy tinkering w/ and driving my F57 S. We're planning a fall trip to the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway and Asheville, so I need to get moving on a tune. Mario, I'll get an email to you in a day or two.

Take care all.

Contented

emilio. 08-22-2018 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MrGrumpy (Post 4410920)

Unfortunately he doesn’t have a website. I wish he did too. But if I was you I would email him. He will be able to answer your questions. I have an auto and just got a stage 3 RPM Power tune from Mario and by the way it behaves so far, I’m not really concerned about it. I’m sure I could probably shred it if I tried, but once the newness wears off and I stop driving like a hoonigan everywhere I go, it won’t really be putting much more wear or stress on the system that it was already getting before. One of these days I’m going to have to come back down to earth and drive like the adult I’m supposed to be..... but I’m just having too much fun at the moment, ha ha.
But really, ask him, he will be able to give you good info and advice about what you may want, tune-wise, and what you will need and what you may not NEED but probably should do before a tune to make it better. If that makes sense. His customer service is top notch! And I know I probably sound like a paid shill, I am nothing more than a very satisfied customer! I will get whatever I can from Mario over any other vendor just because of how he has treated me as a customer. It’s funny, because by the time you are done (especially if you spend any time with him in person) he feels almost more like a friend than someone you are doing a business transaction with, it’s very refreshing and can make some fiercely loyal customers, just look at the review threads about him....that speaks for itself and is the reason I chose him to tune my baby.
good luck and let us know what you end up doing to your Mini

Stage 3 on a F56??

MrGrumpy 08-27-2018 10:33 AM

You won’t regret it. I’m still singing his praises, lol. I love the tune. Got a chance to do some REALLY spirited driving on a run with my club, and it was downright euphoric! My buddy told me it’s the rowdiest Mini he’s has ever seen, and a guy in my club told me it sounds “musical”, lol. But don’t get me wrong, it’s not so aggressive that daily driving is an issue. With an automatic transmission and the All4, it loses some power to the drivetrain, supposedly, lol. The power delivery is smooth and under partial throttle acceleration, it just a good strong pull to get to speed and pass easily. Push it down and I hear the turbo spool up see my boost gauge rise and the car just takes off like a bat outta hell! It’s so much better than the factory map in every way! If you could drive one that has his tune, you would not even think twice about it, really. Very happy customer

njaremka 09-04-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4403139)

Any updates on remote N18 tuning options?

MarioKart 09-04-2018 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by njaremka (Post 4418214)

not yet, it’s possible but things have been too busy lately.

MarioKart 09-04-2018 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by njaremka (Post 4418214)

BTW where do you live? I will be in New Jersey September 8th 2018. Not sure if you lived somewhat close to there

njaremka 09-04-2018 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4418225)

BTW where do you live? I will be in New Jersey September 8th 2018. Not sure if you lived somewhat close to there

I'll be in Syracuse that day for a wedding.

MarioKart 09-04-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by njaremka (Post 4418281)
I'll be in Syracuse that day for a wedding.

put the ECU in an Uber

Ecuamini 09-04-2018 09:46 PM

Wait your coming here? Where in jersey will you be? Omg pm your number!!!!

hadjiikong 10-05-2018 03:59 AM

What kind of power levels do you see for a stage 3? Also what modifications do you need to be able to do a stage 3 tune?

MarioKart 10-05-2018 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by hadjiikong (Post 4424521)
What kind of power levels do you see for a stage 3? Also what modifications do you need to be able to do a stage 3 tune?

depending on your turbo, fuel and the use of methanol, power for stage 3 range from 250whp 275whp

stock S is 165whp

mQubed Motorsport Manic & RPM Power Tuning

MrGrumpy 10-05-2018 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by hadjiikong (Post 4424521)

Depends on your mods, but my R60 with stage 3 RPM on a 40mm turbo made a huge difference! Never dyno’d it and probably never will, but just the feel of it, it is a significant boost in performance. It’s like somebody stuck a whole different engine in it! I never want to back to what it was like before Mario got his hands on it! You will not regret it for sure.