Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Tuning matters !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 05:45 AM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Tuning matters !!

starting to get very frustrated with the lack of tuning in the mini world. Currently runing manic stage 4/ custom tune . There absolutely nothing wrong with the tune,ever thing runs great’ it’s starting to feel like it’s just a cookie cutter tune! I’ve been looking for alternet tuning Solutions, any one out there feel the same way

Old 02-19-2018, 04:34 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
I happen to enjoy my Manic stage 4 cookies, but I agree with you --- not enough choices out there. Have you talked with Jan of RMW fame? His "disciples" swear by him and at Manic.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:30 PM
thebombardier
5th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
I happen to enjoy my Manic stage 4 cookies, but I agree with you --- not enough choices out there. Have you talked with Jan of RMW fame? His "disciples" swear by him and at Manic.
Until he can tune an N18 and ditch the attitude I don't plan on giving him money. I really don't care if you're a great tuner if you're a **** about it.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:48 PM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Yeh’ I don’t think I would ever do business with jan’ Ive creeped around on their forms a little bit and all it is all trolls ‘ if you don’t have a r53 your garbage ! Over the last three years of building my high compression n14’ every time I ask him a question about tuning I get the same response “oh yeah we’re working on it it will be a few months still cause of whatever the excuses” So I’ve just pretty much said whatever !

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the manic tunes but after seeing what some of the euro guys are doing with the Peugeot/Citroën ‘ we are definitely not even getting close to the power that some of those guys are getting, I thought about getting hold of some of the companies that build stand-alone systems for the Peugeot ‘ it’s been something I’ve been kicking around but my guess would be, it’s probably going to be a pain in the ***,

So at this point I’m kind of stuck because there’s nothing more I can do without tuning solutions ! Being manic is no longer doing stage 3/4 or custom tunes. So now we all are definitely stuck ! But am really curious on why they can’t give us lunch control , s step , anti-lag or turbo timer or rotational idol etc,

I’ve sent a few emails to LINk ‘ but I’ve never got any thing back,

Old 02-19-2018, 09:57 PM
blue al
4th Gear
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBoost
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the manic tunes but after seeing what some of the euro guys are doing with the Peugeot/Citroën ‘ we are definitely not even getting close to the power that some of those guys are getting, I thought about getting hold of some of the companies that build stand-alone systems for the Peugeot ‘ it’s been something I’ve been kicking around but my guess would be, it’s probably going to be a pain in the ***,

So at this point I’m kind of stuck because there’s nothing more I can do without tuning solutions ! Being manic is no longer doing stage 3/4 or custom tunes. So now we all are definitely stuck ! But am really curious on why they can’t give us lunch control , s step , anti-lag or turbo timer or rotational idol etc,

I missed that manic are no longer looking at stage 3/4 ?

What have you dug up for the pug/Citroen? Standalone
As I've got a spare rcz-r engine
But a n14 jcw car

Could be a dream ticket for me

Old 02-19-2018, 10:21 PM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Emerald plug & play adopter Peugeot 106/306

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/

Manic got a completely new website!!

http://www.manicmotorsport.com/

NOTE:

ECU Reflash is for "OFF HIGHWAY USE ONLY"
As of August 2017
Stage 3 , Stage 4 Tunes or any options are no longer availabe from Manic.
Upgrades are no longer offered at a reduced cost.

https://www.m7tuning.com/manic-motor...56-turbo-minis

I might be reading that wrong but that makes me think they're no longer offering it!!

You must be overseas with that rcz-r

Last edited by BigBoost; 02-19-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:49 PM
blue al
4th Gear
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
https://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/gen-2-m...rt-remap-stage

Lohen seem to offering stage 3 still?

I'm don't believe that anyone yet in the uk has published anything about ecu upgrades for the rcz-r as they are only recently out of warranty

Old 02-20-2018, 04:21 AM
thebombardier
5th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Emerald plug & play adopter Peugeot 106/306

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/

Manic got a completely new website!!

http://www.manicmotorsport.com/

NOTE:

ECU Reflash is for "OFF HIGHWAY USE ONLY"
As of August 2017
Stage 3 , Stage 4 Tunes or any options are no longer availabe from Manic.
Upgrades are no longer offered at a reduced cost.

https://www.m7tuning.com/manic-motor...56-turbo-minis

I might be reading that wrong but that makes me think they're no longer offering it!!

You must be overseas with that rcz-r
Maybe M7 just doesn't want to be bothered with the longer turnaround of custom Stage 3/4 stuff. Mario would be the guy to ask on Manic changing business like that.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:47 AM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Yeah I guess I really don't know anything's possible!!

Last time I talked to those guys at M7 ' I was told that manic had lost one of there main tuner!
But that was last summer time!

But who really knows! I'm not too worried about it!

Lohen all the way I got a lot of my stuff from them! Pretty good turn around time being am from the states !

I've been emailing back and forth with the guys from evolve automotive ' trying to pick there brains on their tunes but it's sounding like a cookie cutter deal' super nice guys very fast response' kind of debating on doing it just to give it ago!

Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 AM
4mikebruns
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I spoke with Mario about Manic Stage 3 for my car post JCW turbo and he said he is using a new company for Stages 3 and up now. Still has Manic 1 and 2 so I would assume Manic has stopped 3 and 4.

The following users liked this post:
BigBoost (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:45 AM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Yeh’ I don’t think I would ever do business with jan’ Ive creeped around on their forms a little bit and all it is all trolls ‘ if you don’t have a r53 your garbage ! Over the last three years of building my high compression n14’ every time I ask him a question about tuning I get the same response “oh yeah we’re working on it it will be a few months still cause of whatever the excuses” So I’ve just pretty much said whatever !

I've heard that Link gave up on R56's 'cause the HPFP can't supply enough fuel to warrant stand-alone ECU development costs. I've also heard that BMW has a fuel pump that MIGHT fit the R56, and it MIGHT also have more output. Anybody confirm this BMW item?

Then there's Peugeot --- assuming it's a different part number, any chance their HPFP will also work on our R56? There's a good chance that's one of the reasons they can make better numbers than an R56.

As for Manic stage's 3 and 4, here's a notice I found on my tuner's website ---

**Manic Update Effective as of August 2017***
Termination of the software upgrade offer.
All stages will be priced at the current stage price.
Files for Turbo upgrades will be developed using our own tried and tested Hardware. Currently, lots of customers fit all sorts of sub standard hardware, this causes issues and we spend our time diagnosing or trying to fix it in the software so it runs OK. Please contact your Manic dealer for any questions, regarding these changes.

Maybe M7 chooses to not mess with these stages? Or maybe my next tune upgrade will be a "Manic Hybrid"?

BigBoost (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:53 AM
randeez
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
saw the termination of upgrade offer also, but somewhere along the way i also saw that stages 3/4 were only going to be available to people who upgraded all parts with whom they approved of and spent to much time tailoring tunes to different parts cause thats not what custom tuning is apparently

and most of the peugeots dont run a MAF iirc, SD tuning isnt necessarily bad but takes quite a bit more time to nail down ve tables.

Fueling isnt (or shouldnt) be the downfall of this platform the focus/fiesta STs have available an injector plate that bolts between the intake and head, no bigger than the manifold spacer that came out a few years ago

Last edited by randeez; 02-20-2018 at 12:06 PM.
BigBoost (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 04:55 PM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Yeh' jan told me the same thing about the LINK with the fuel pump's! i find that a little funny being that pump is pushing 1500 psi

he sad it was a few months away ! but who really knows with that!

the speed 3 / 6 guys are doing that as well, they call it 8 port injection, they have 4 port injectors. on a spacer, once the power plant hits a certain duty cycle the port injections spraying away !! would be amazing to do on the n14/n18 platform

but it go's back to the idea of the cookie cutter "tunes"
there is just no platform or support when it comes to tuning a mini

wish i had more money an time

i would like to know my self on different hpfp fitting

Old 02-20-2018, 05:11 PM
cornjuice
Banned
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
On that note: It would be great if there was an easy way to incorporate a secondary ECU for controlling a phased port injection system. You could leave the stage 2/3 fuel map in for the OEM ECU & start tuning the secondary system for supplemental fuel. Wouldnt need meth either..

Old 02-22-2018, 08:07 AM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cornjuice
On that note: It would be great if there was an easy way to incorporate a secondary ECU for controlling a phased port injection system. You could leave the stage 2/3 fuel map in for the OEM ECU & start tuning the secondary system for supplemental fuel. Wouldnt need meth either..
That really wouldn’t be all that hard, aquamist pretty much does that with meth kit, It could be done,

Old 02-22-2018, 08:52 AM
KCLARK
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ok so what this "new" Manic tuning change about regarding NO ECU REMOVAL, is this what you guys are talking about with Manic not doing stage 3 and 4 now? Saw this info under the R-series section of their new website and says this new technology applies for 2006-2014 models.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 AM
BigBoost
4th Gear
They send you a cable that plugs into your obo2 port’ then you downloaded software & then they send you the tune file, that way you can loaded it your self

Old 02-22-2018, 09:41 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,381 Posts
They send you a cable that plugs into your obo2 port’ then you downloaded software & then they send you the tune file, that way you can loaded it your self
They don't send you a cable for Gen 2 cars. You still have to go to a Manic dealer to have the tune loaded, or remove your ECU to get the tune loaded. However, to switch between maps you only need the SPS to plug into the OBD port.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:45 AM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Oh there new web site ! They are saying port flashing! So I was think they would use a cable but maybe not then

Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 AM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Oh shot am thinking of evolve

Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,381 Posts
Manic still gives your port flashing, but you have to go their dealer to get it.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:50 AM
randeez
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Since the f56 ecu has been hacked in record time I wonder what the viability of using it to run the n14/n18...it would already have tables for vvt , vvl, di, etc.