Drivetrain AWE MINI F5X S-FLO Carbon Intake. Available now!

Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackMarket
I love this thing! It looks great and sounds great, and it feels tons more responsive. I also have the Forge High Flow Intake Hard Pipe.

Forge Hi Flow Intake Hard Pipe & AWE Carbon Intake
Lookin' good! Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:32 AM
isugoo
3rd Gear
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Hi, I'm in market for F56 S intake. AWE, N-M, AFE, Gruppe M are my options. Will you have any BlackFriday sale on this?
Please PM me. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by isugoo
Hi, I'm in market for F56 S intake. AWE, N-M, AFE, Gruppe M are my options. Will you have any BlackFriday sale on this?
Please PM me. Thanks!
Carbon will not be included in our BF/Cm promotion, unfortunately. Sorry!

Old 02-04-2019, 10:48 AM
motogp34
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
The vehicle we had back when we were doing development was equipped with JB4, running map 1.

Also, note that it is crank hp.

Negative... BUT... you will have another chance in the coming weeks
Where do u get this JB4 power module ??

Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
BlackMarket
1st Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Update since my Oct/2018 Install

UPDATE::: I installed the intake in October 2018. It cracked on my 1st road trip. (See pictures below). I made sure "NOT" to over tighten the clamp when I installed it so this wouldn't happen. I reached out to AWE and they said the "rubber" hose cracked it or I over tightened it. This is not the customer service I was hoping for.

Be Advised: If you do purchase this product it's no returns or exchanges even if it is defective. :(

I'll be purchasing the Eventuri intake system next.

Attached Thumbnails AWE MINI F5X S-FLO Carbon Intake. Available now!-img_2230.jpg   AWE MINI F5X S-FLO Carbon Intake. Available now!-img_2231.jpg  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:00 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I used to have one of the first versions of that intake. It had a couple of problems, but Josh was always helpful in sending replacement parts and eventual a refund when I got impatient and didn't want to wait for the updated model to be released. AWE makes some nice stuff.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
UPDATE::: I installed the intake in October 2018. It cracked on my 1st road trip. (See pictures below). I made sure "NOT" to over tighten the clamp when I installed it so this wouldn't happen. I reached out to AWE and they said the "rubber" hose cracked it or I over tightened it. This is not the customer service I was hoping for.

Be Advised: If you do purchase this product it's no returns or exchanges even if it is defective. :(

I'll be purchasing the Eventuri intake system next.
Hi, BM.

To be clear, I nor my team have seen such an issue with this product. Of note, after showing my colleagues (of whom you spoke) the image of your engine bay from before - they were not aware your intake was mated to an aftermarket hard pipe as you only included the close up shots of the crack showing a hose in your correspondence with them.

Since evaluating all of the images, it is safe to say it is due to the hard pipe connection itself rather than clamp tightness. This is due to the lack of flexibility in the hardpipe and externally reinforced silicone coupler. As you may know the factory intake tube has an accordion section that is quite "floppy" and very forgiving to engine movement.

I apologize this has occurred, and I am aware my colleague's offered to help out with the situation.

I would suggest considering a different coupler solution if the hardpipe is going to remain in place, regardless of your carbon fiber airbox configuration.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vetsvette
Sorry to hear about your experience. I used to have one of the first versions of that intake. It had a couple of problems, but Josh was always helpful in sending replacement parts and eventual a refund when I got impatient and didn't want to wait for the updated model to be released. AWE makes some nice stuff.
Hoping you've been well, my friend.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:24 AM
BlackMarket
1st Gear
Hi, BM.

To be clear, I nor my team have seen such an issue with this product. Of note, after showing my colleagues (of whom you spoke) the image of your engine bay from before - they were not aware your intake was mated to an aftermarket hard pipe as you only included the close up shots of the crack showing a hose in your correspondence with them.

Since evaluating all of the images, it is safe to say it is due to the hard pipe connection itself rather than clamp tightness. This is due to the lack of flexibility in the hardpipe and externally reinforced silicone coupler. As you may know the factory intake tube has an accordion section that is quite "floppy" and very forgiving to engine movement.

I apologize this has occurred, and I am aware my colleague's offered to help out with the situation.

I would suggest considering a different coupler solution if the hardpipe is going to remain in place, regardless of your carbon fiber airbox configuration.
I wasn’t aware the Hard Pipe was an issue, hence I didn’t include it in the picture. I wanted to ensure good picture quality therefore I took a close up picture. There was no attempt to deceive anyone with my pictures. The help I was offered was to purchase another part. I simply didn’t feel AWE took any ownership of my issue since the reponse I received was, it “may be” this or it possibly could be that. I don’t recall any specific instructions informing me that a Hard Pipe would damage the intake. I could be wrong be I read the instructions carefully. I’m not attempting to bad mouth AWE, simply make people aware.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
I wasn’t aware the Hard Pipe was an issue, hence I didn’t include it in the picture. I wanted to ensure good picture quality therefore I took a close up picture. There was no attempt to deceive anyone with my pictures. The help I was offered was to purchase another part. I simply didn’t feel AWE took any ownership of my issue since the reponse I received was, it “may be” this or it possibly could be that. I don’t recall any specific instructions informing me that a Hard Pipe would damage the intake. I could be wrong be I read the instructions carefully. I’m not attempting to bad mouth AWE, simply make people aware.
While I understand your perspective, more visual is always best since we cant be there in person. Since the hardpipe wasn't shown, the presumption is applied that the factory accordion is in place -- which if it was, the only way to make it crack would be due to an over-tightened clamp as engine movement is not really a concern in this situation (as we've tested).

I feel my colleagues went above and beyond offering a discount on a component, even when the product is not at fault. Though we do our best to appease everyone's potential modification maps, we can't account for all of the variations in aftermarket applications.

No hard feelings. I, too, am informing others. There's always two sides.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:12 AM
BlackMarket
1st Gear
While I understand your perspective, more visual is always best since we cant be there in person. Since the hardpipe wasn't shown, the presumption is applied that the factory accordion is in place -- which if it was, the only way to make it crack would be due to an over-tightened clamp as engine movement is not really a concern in this situation (as we've tested).

I feel my colleagues went above and beyond offering a discount on a component, even when the product is not at fault. Though we do our best to appease everyone's potential modification maps, we can't account for all of the variations in aftermarket applications.

But that’s my point. A discount wasn’t offered. I’m not considering the $20 free shipping a discount. A new product was recommended at full price. I am going to have to replace the entire intake due to it's causing a CEL. Even if I install the accordion the crack is still there causing the CEL.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
But that’s my point. A discount wasn’t offered. I’m not considering the $20 free shipping a discount. A new product was recommended at full price. I am going to have to replace the entire intake due to it's causing a CEL. Even if I install the accordion the crack is still there causing the CEL.
Please check your inbox.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:21 AM
isugoo
3rd Gear
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I was debating hard between AWE and Gruppe M (reasonably priced Carbon Fiber options), I went with Gruppe M for simple install (nothing to really to break CF parts). So far, I'm happy with its sound and no CEL. I hope you can get this resolved soon. Cheers.

The following users liked this post:
BlackMarket (05-14-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Juice84
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you recommending not to install your intake with the Forge hard pipe?

Old 02-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Juice84
Are you recommending not to install your intake with the Forge hard pipe?
I am recommending deploying a different coupler if one to were pair the hardpipe with any carbon configuration.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
S-FLO Carbon Intakes are in-stock and shippin' fast. Get yours here.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:16 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
C
S-FLO Carbon Intakes are in-stock and shippin' fast. Get yours here.

I know your site doesn’t specify this fits the B36 in the F55/56/57, but I’ve heard from some resellers that it fits no problem. Any chance a local could do a test fit? Would love to pick up this sweet intake, but not if it’s not actually gonna fit haha.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
C

I know your site doesn’t specify this fits the B36 in the F55/56/57, but I’ve heard from some resellers that it fits no problem. Any chance a local could do a test fit? Would love to pick up this sweet intake, but not if it’s not actually gonna fit haha.
Email me your VIN and I will give it a look.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:43 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Email me your VIN and I will give it a look.
Just sent you a DM with my VIN. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2019, 03:22 PM
sbreech
2nd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Curious...will this model fit on a 2019 Mini Clubman S (2019 F54)? I just ordered my mini, and it will be here around July 1, so I would like to have it to install when I pull into my garage. Also, any chance of an Independence Day sale on this?

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2019, 12:13 PM
BlackMarket
1st Gear
Please check your inbox.
Sorry for the delay in my response. Thanks Josh, for taking care of the issue. Greatly appreciate it.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:04 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
AWE S-FLO Carbon Intakes are in-stock and shippin' quick. Get equipped right this way.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 09-16-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:06 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
AWE S-FLO Carbon Intake, courtesy of @scoobytheminicooper.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:02 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Freshly-installed AWE S-FLO Carbon Intake, courtesy of PPCARS by FLUGPLATZ. Learn more right this way.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Chief Brody
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Any chance there is going to be a Black Friday deal on these?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drivetrain AWE MINI F5X S-FLO Carbon Intake. Available now!