Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Slipping clutch... What to use for replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:08 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
Yeah good plan

Old 12-17-2017, 07:07 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
I can say that 60-70k actually seems to be the average that I see. But I know of many customers over 150k that still are on original clutches. Then I also have have customers that every 15k I put a clutch in their car. So I really feel it comes down to driver.

Then with aftermarket stage clutches I tend to see a 15k average life in a street car. The public doesn't ever see this as people that get the aftermarket clutches often get it installed then post how great it is that week, but don't report back 15k later to let us know how long it actually lasted.
I've got about 30K now on my stage 2 JMTC kevlar clutch with single mass flywheel conversion and I couldn't be happier. The original OEM clutch lasted less than 50K and was from new to me (8K miles), had absolutely the worst clutch feel of any car I've ever owned. The new clutch is magnitudes better in feel. If I would have experienced the feel of one of these earlier, I would have just bitten the bullet and replaced the original way sooner.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:31 AM
Lrh301
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMC_Kid
I've got about 30K now on my stage 2 JMTC kevlar clutch with single mass flywheel conversion and I couldn't be happier. The original OEM clutch lasted less than 50K and was from new to me (8K miles), had absolutely the worst clutch feel of any car I've ever owned. The new clutch is magnitudes better in feel. If I would have experienced the feel of one of these earlier, I would have just bitten the bullet and replaced the original way sooner.
Just got my car back last night with my Stage 2 JMTC clutch with the lightened flywheel. Clutch feels amazing, and it's definitely worth the price IMO.