Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Nm intake fitment issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:59 PM
JCdubGerm
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nm intake fitment issues.

Just bought the nm shorr intake . Not the one with the complete tube from the intake. This is on an 12 jcw n14. I made sure I ordered the right one. The fitment chart said JCW n14 hardtop all years. First thing the silicon tube at the MAF is way off like the hose was cut at an angle. After 5 miles it was already coming off. I had to trim just to get it to fit ok. Just hoping it doest start coming off again. Also should the filter kinda slouch down a bit? Everything is installed correctly. Everything tightened . Also the bracket that holds the bottom stock air tube and the vacuum line clips on to is off. Unless I bend the bracket it won't be able to clip on. I just wrapped the he'll out of the vacuum line when it touches the bracket for now. I had no choice but to trim the hose to get the car running.
as of right now regretting this purchase a little. It sounds nice but wondering if the next shift is gonna have me on the side of the road tightening hoses sucks. If I have to I'll get the hose from the turbo to the MAF bit the point of getting this version of their intake was to not replace that tube since I think the factory one is just fine.
Did anyone else have issues ?