Drivetrain JB4 OBDII cable routing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 07:32 PM
aubcar
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JB4 OBDII cable routing

Hey guys, my JB4 install was going along super easily until I had to route the OBDII cable from the cabin into the engine bay. Can anyone point out where exactly you route it from the inside? I've got a manual 2015 model if that helps. The JB4 instructions said to route it through the clutch line but it seems really rigid and not accepting of a secondary cable. Thanks for the help!

JB4 OBDII cable routing-obdii.jpg

Old 07-17-2017, 09:58 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I don't know the install of the JB4, but up a bit and to the left you might just have a rubber/plastic knock out plug. I used that for a power wire for an amp access point. You have to bend down and look up to see it.

The following users liked this post:
aubcar (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 10:00 PM
aubcar
1st Gear
I'll grab some more pictures and look for that in the morning, got dark really quick when I was installing!

Old 07-17-2017, 10:09 PM
aubcar
1st Gear
This the port you were talking about?

JB4 OBDII cable routing-jb4.jpg

Old 07-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Bummer, what the heck is in that? Mine was empty, but then again I have an auto tranny. Do you room to squeeze in that opening? You could of course drill. That big round rubber plug can be drilled, someone else did that for an amp power line if you look in the audio section on NAM, 3rd gen.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 PM
aubcar
1st Gear
It's the clutch line from my googling, I pinched around the grommet and it seems very stuck in, might do some more inspecting in the morning when I don't need the flashlight.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:21 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by aubcar
Hey guys, my JB4 install was going along super easily until I had to route the OBDII cable from the cabin into the engine bay. Can anyone point out where exactly you route it from the inside? I've got a manual 2015 model if that helps. The JB4 instructions said to route it through the clutch line but it seems really rigid and not accepting of a secondary cable. Thanks for the help!

take the brake fluid reservoir tank cover off. stick your hand behind the battery and you'll feel a rigid line. that's the clutch line...i used a sharp tool (like an ice pick) and poked a hole through the rubber that surround the clutch line. i then used a sturdy plastic dowel with the jb4 cable taped up against it and pushed it through from the inside. that was it...i've used that hole to run my boost gauge as well. once you figure it out it's quite simple.

The following users liked this post:
aubcar (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 08:27 AM
aubcar
1st Gear
Thanks marco! I'll give it a look after work today. This has turned into a pain to find a way through the firewall haha. Luckily It works without the OBD or I would have had to uninstall it all.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:22 AM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by aubcar
Thanks marco! I'll give it a look after work today. This has turned into a pain to find a way through the firewall haha. Luckily It works without the OBD or I would have had to uninstall it all.
Without obd plugged in it defaults to map1. Go have a blast.