Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Anyone knows any guy that can pass smog test easily in NorCal or Socal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 04:40 PM
astroblack
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone knows any guy that can pass smog test easily in NorCal or Socal?

Has anyone recently pass their smog test with 15% supercharger pulley and cold air intake on their R53? I am located in SoCal and NorCal, please let me know if you have any contact that can help me pass the smog test. thanks guys

Old 06-22-2017, 09:00 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Unless you have a CARB approved CAI you may have to put the stock intake back on to pass the visual inspection. CAI won't make a difference for smog but them's the rules.

Pulley won't make any difference for smog either and doubtful that the tester would notice.

If you happen to have a catless downpipe, you're going to have to re-install the stock one to be able to pass in CA.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:58 PM
H_C
3rd Gear
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
The problem with is this is 2 fold:
1) If you don't have any CARB stickers/labels on your CAI, you will fail the visual exam. If you email the manufacturer, the should send you a sticker or two.
2) Searching for a more "lenient" smog place could invite additional problems. (They might charge more to look the other way and/or they might cut corners and blame you if anything goes wrong.)

Old 06-22-2017, 11:33 PM
sarom058
5th Gear
Location: Portland, OR *currently in a temporary email address
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Why isn't your car passing smog? Shouldn't be too expensive to find a used replacement part between your friendly local auto wreckers, LKQ, AllMagAuto, Ebay, Rockauto, WMW, or PelicanParts (depending on what you need, of course).