05 pepper white MCS modification project - Page 46 - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
05 pepper white MCS modification project >

05 pepper white MCS modification project

Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 pepper white MCS modification project

Old 12-09-2018, 01:52 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
I've ran the car without the hub rings and I had no issues. I was careful cross torquing lightly so the wheel centered nicely, I did a few light passes with the wrench

Old 12-09-2018, 02:12 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
I've ran the car without the hub rings and I had no issues. I was careful cross torquing lightly so the wheel centered nicely, I did a few light passes with the wrench
Definitely a point that we all agree to agree .

Old 12-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Eddie07S
6th Gear
Absolutely!

I started collecting Dewalt tools a long time ago and have expanded it to their current cordless line. So I have the smaller of their 20v 1/2” drive impact wrenches. It fits into my MINImalistic travels to the track.

BTY - love those seats.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:10 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
power tools for the track

I don't allow myself to bring power tools to the track. It is a slippery slope to longer and bigger motorhome , so hand tools only.

If you suspect a wheel is mounted off center WRT the hub put a dial indicator to the outside rim and spin the wheel by hand. I do this all the time. I often let the ball tip a tiny distance from the rim and just eyeball the change in the gap. I have been doing it long before I have a dial indicator. That is with a poor student's indicator consists of an artfully bent piece of clothes hanger wire held by a visegrip.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Eddie07S
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pnwR53S View Post
I don't allow myself to bring power tools to the track. It is a slippery slope to longer and bigger motorhome , so hand tools only.

If you suspect a wheel is mounted off center WRT the hub put a dial indicator to the outside rim and spin the wheel by hand. I do this all the time. I often let the ball tip a tiny distance from the rim and just eyeball the change in the gap. I have been doing it long before I have a dial indicator. That is with a poor student's indicator consists of an artfully bent piece of clothes hanger wire held by a visegrip.
I don't bring anything that doesn't fit inside my MINI, along with 4 tires in the back seat...
However, my friends joke that I could rebuild an engine with what I pack in there.

I've done the coat-hanger thing...Just not on a wheel. Mine are all fitted with hub centeric rings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.