Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain more horses

Old 04-10-2017, 10:32 PM
E34M5
3rd Gear
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
more horses

WOW bought a used JCW turbo off of ebay with a cracked exhaust housing for $150.00. Just swapped it onto my sons car today, big job but big gains! removed the exhaust manifold assy, removed the exhaust housing from the Cooper S and swapped it onto the JCW, installed a new alta intake pipe, replaced the oil feed line with a Detroit Tuned braided line and replaced the oil cooler housing gasket at the same time. Didn't have time to change the Cobb stage 3 tune with the access port, couldn't believe the difference this thing pulls hard way past 6,000 and just keeps building boost, have to change the Cobb access port tune to a one that accommodates the bigger turbo. Is someone running similar mods that could recommend an access port tune. The car has alta cat back exhaust, all alta silicone turbo pipes, K/N filter, after market intercooler, and now the JCW turbo

Old 04-11-2017, 06:05 PM
pizzaman09
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That is cool to hear. If I still feel like owning the Mini in 2019 when my warranty runs out, I have been considering this mod to go along with the JCW tune I already have.

Search this Thread